Sunflower Seas

Saranghae My Teacher [abandoned sorry orz]

Kai is all alone, strolling around the PIL Park. He’s not interested in watching Chanyeol’s practice. He doesn’t know where Zelo is. Jongup said he has to do errands for his mother.
     Everyone knows him for being a playboy. He’s good at showing deference to women, making them say yes or even beg him for a night of congress. He can get any woman he wants. Listing his past girlfriends might fill a whole pad of yellow paper. His wepons are y eyes, enticing lips, aphrodisiac body and banal pickup lines.
     On his first day at PIL, he was just a melancholic boy. Girls swoon at him but he was too dense that time. He was really handsome, despite having messy hair and skin color that most Koreans don’t like — tan. He laso used to wear huge black-rimmed glasses for he has myopia.
     All of that changed at the PIL garden — where he met the mysterious girl that became his catalyst. The girl is widely known in the school for being an honor student, an ace badminton player, an ulzzang and a Red Cross volunteer. She’s the perfect girl any boy could wish for.
     He stood at the exact place where they met — the sunflower garden. He closed his eyes and sadness started to swell in him.
    
It was Kai’s first time to see real sunflowers. He was used to the plastic ones they have at home. He likes them because theu remind him of his mother. His mother, Jung Hana, was a great botanist. He loved his mother more than anybody else. He roamed around the garden and admire in awe.
     He accidentally bumped someone. Without seeing the face of that person, he bowed 90º and apologized. He can hear giggles from the person, making him look up to see the face of the person he bumped into. He was not good indescribing but he knows she really is such a sight to see. She has this sunny personality that can light up a room.
     “Hi, my name’s Do Kyungsoo, you?” she greeted him while offering her hand. He just stared at her delicate hand. “Cat got your tongue... —reads Kai’s ID— Kim Jongin! That’s a nice name. Do you like sunflowers too? Do they remind you of someone?”
     He just nodded.
     “You know, I often come here because they remind me of childhood. I grew up in a sunflower farm in America. I love to eat sunflower seed that time. Especially with him...” she opened up. “Are you perhaps... deaf?”
     He shook his head. “It’s just... I don’t talk to strangers...”
     She bumped him then replied, “That’s why I told you my name! Ne, Kim Jongin-nim, are you an introvert?”
     “An... introvert? What is that?”
     She picked a seed from a sunflower and explained, “Introvert is what you call a person who’s more comfortable in being alone. In nature, in the library and even in the fiction world.”
     Kai looked her in the eye and said, “Well, I am an introvert, I guess. Thank you for talking to me. I better get going.”
     “Please don’t go. Stay with me for a while.”

     Because of their friendship that blossomed from the sunflower garden, Kai garnered self-esteem. Kyungsoo decided to change his fashion statement — from simple no-comb guy to bad- ulzzang. He won’t forget the first compliment he ever received from her.
    
“Omo, you’re so... cuuuuuuuuuuute~” she blurted while pinching his cheeks hard.
     “Yah, Kyungsoo! You pinch too hard. I’m gonna bite you!” He held her hands to stop her. To their surprise, they ended up staring at each other. Kai felt he has to do something.
     “Kyungsoo, close your eyes,” he ordered. She followed. The next thing she knew, his lips were on hers. After the revolution-stopping kiss, the two giggled.
     “I love you Kyungsoo.”
     “Aww... I love you, too, Jongin. Forever.”

     Why did you have to go and leave me Kyungsoo... You were the one for me. You changed my life in a moment. Why Kyungsoo... Why...
     He spread his legs on the soft carabao grass. He reminisced all the memories they had. All of his first happened here. From the first kiss, first hug, first dance, first date and first proposal. He knows it’s too foolish for a young highschool freshman to get engaged with a graduating highschool student. But he didn’t care, he loved her so much he’ll do everything for her.
     “Jongin...”
     Holy moly guacamole. Wait, I don’t like avocados. Kai covered his ears. No, she’s not here. And no one calls me Jongin. I am Kai, the bad- playboy of PIL. Jongin is just a dumb-o who let everything slip away. He’s the one who thought life’s like a TV show, with a happy ever after. No, it will never be.
     “Kim Jongin!”
     Enough of this . “SHUT UP! YOU ARE NOT REAL! YOU ARE JUST A HALLUCINATION! YOU WILL DISAPPEAR THE MOMENT I TAKE MY MEDICINE, YOU GHOST OF THE ING PAST!”
     A set of arms eneveloped the broken Kai.
     “Jongin... My Kim Jongin.”