Slap of the Truth

Saranghae My Teacher [abandoned sorry orz]

Chanyeol opened his eyes surrounded by books with limbs. A History book held his left arm, an English book d on his right arm, a Math book clasped tightly his right and left ankle.
     “You must study all of us not just Filipino. Or else, we will kill her!” roared all of the textbooks. They showed a Filipino textbook, with a picture of Sandara Park taped on the cover, tied to a chair.
     “NO! NO! NOOO~” Chanyeol woke up, sweaty and scared to death. “Of all the nightmares, why books?”
     “Because it’s a sign you need to burn those eyebrows!” his hyung Jungsu surprised him. “Wake up, sleepyhead Chanchan. Eomma left early. Breakfast’s in the kitchen. There’s champorado, as they call it and tuyo. Someone gave me, telling me it’s a killer breakfast combo. I think it’s from the newly-opened PCC.”
     “Ooh! We went there too! There was the Chibugan festival! That’s why we have a lot of sweets in the pantry!”
     Jungsu left and Chanyeol accompanied him to the kitchen. It’s Chanyeol’s very first time to have breakfast with his hyung. Chanyeol can’t stop grinning while munching on pancakes. Jungsu noticed his flashy smile.
     “Oy Chanyeol. What’s gotten into you?” Jungsu inquired. Chanyeol simply smiled. “Did your girlfriend kiss you?”
     Blood rushed to Chanyeol’s cheeks. He defended, “I don’t have a girlfriend hyung! I’m not like you who gets what he wants…”
     Jungsu patted Chanyeol’s head and wrapped his arm around him. “You’re too young for a serious relationship. It’s just puppy love. Focus on your studies, okay? Finish your breakfast. I’m driving you to school.”
     “YES! Thanks hyung!”

 

I don’t know what happened to hyung but I’m happy with this. Maybe I could ask for tips on how to get noticed by songsaengnim. “Uh… hyung! Umm… I need to ask something if it’s okay…”
     Jungsu smiled at his dongsaeng’s innocent question. He knows what he’s going to ask. “If is it about how to get noticed by your noona, just be natural. Don’t push yourself too much to her, she’ll get annoyed. Follow SHINee’s advise, arasso?”
     The car stopped at front of the school gate. Chanyeol opened the door and bid his hyung goodbye. “Thank you very much hyung! See you at home!”
     My, my. Chanyeol’s growing up. Now, I wonder who’s the girl who caught his attention.

 

“Tomorrow will be your practical exam. I will grade you base on your energy, grace and coordination with your partner. I will deduct five points for every step that you will miss. Costume is a must. Okay, class dismiss,” announced Shin Donghee, class A’s PE teacher.
     Kai got up from his seat then his classmates to get ready. “Thank you and goodbye, songsaengnim Shin.” His classmates arose, lowering their heads. When their teacher left, the students exhaled in relief that he’s gone.

 

“Bummer! Now I have to go to Jessica’s house again to practice for the dance . My partner’s too poised for me!” Kai grunted as they walk on the school grounds.
     “I don’t understand why are you even complaining. It should be me who’s complaining. Sooyoung is waaay taller than me. How the hell are we gonna do the cha-cha if I have a totem pole for a partner?” Jongup added.
     Zelo just sighed and stared at his Casio Baby-G wristwatch.
     “Do you have a problem with your partner, Zelo?” Chanyeol interrogated him.
     He nodded, answering, “Sohee-nim rambles that I’m better than her. I can do the dance steps with more grace and passion than her. And now, she doesn’t want me to be her partner. That bully Cho Kyuhyun exchanged the meek Yoona for my partner. I have no grudge against her but she’s too sheepish to dance. And that Kyuhyun likes that Sohee and Sohee’s the same so… Oh shucks! I forgot! Tomorrow I’ll be no longer in our house. Sheesh!”
     “Where will you stay then?” the three wondered.
     Zelo just shrugged his shoulders.
     When they reached the school gate, Kai thought of a brilliant idea. “How about we practice with our partners at Zelo’s house?”
     All agreed to his idea except Zelo.
     “NO WAY! Kai will eat all the food at our house. No! And eomma and appa don’t like strangers in the house. So, it’s a no. A big NO.”
     Chanyeol, Kai and Jongup sighed in dismay.
     “My house! It’s always available,” Jongup recommended.
     “All right!”
     Chanyeol separated from them and dashed to the faculty room to see Ms. Park. As he entered the faculty room, Ms. Park accidentally bumped him for she was going outside.
     “Oh, I’m so sorry Chanchan. Are you alright?”
     He nodded slowly while holding his forehead.
     “Oh, that’s bad. Let’s go to the clinic,” she said while looking at his bruised forehead.
     Chanyeol declined the offer and stated, “It’s just a bruise, songsaengnim. I’m used to this thing. Umm… you see, we have dance performance tomorrow for PE so I can’t attend today.”
     “It’s okay. My other students told me about that, too. Good luck Chanchan.”

 

“Jongup-nim, let’s study after our practice!” Choi Sooyoung, his dance partner, invited.
     “That’s a good idea! I really need some Zelo’s help in Algebra~” purred Im Yoona, Zelo’s dance partner.
     “Alright! And Chanchan will help us in Filipino!” Lee Jieun, Chanyeol’s dance partner, added.
     Jongup’s mother, Youngjae, prepared and served oatmeal chocolate cookies and milkshake for the children. She called Zelo to have a private conversation.
     “Hello Junhong. I am Moon Youngjae, Jongup’s mother. Care for some dinner here?”
     Zelo’s face brightened with joy and nodded happily.
     “I also need to say something important, but don’t tell Jongup, okay?”
     While Youngje converses with Zelo, the rest is busy tutoring each other. Jongup teaches them English, Yuri in History, Jieun in Science, Jessica in Math and Kai in… cheating.
     “Just kidding. I’m no genius like you guys, but I know what our biggest enemy – time is. We’ll be forced to answer 100 questions in a matter of hours or less. I think it’d be a minute per question, except Math and essay. Hey Chanchan! Teach us some Filipino! I heard through the grapevine the questionnaire is in Filipino.”
     All of them were stunned.
     “That’s no problem for us,” Jieun and Jessica bragged.
     “But how about me? That’s unfair!” Kai complained. “You Chanchan better teach me Filipino or I swear I’ll tell songsaengnim that you like her and you want to–”
     Chanyeol silenced the noisy Kai and bit his lip due to chagrin.
     “You like songsaengnim Park? No wonder why you want her to have her tutor you! I know it’s impossible for you Mr. Park Chanyeol to have difficulty in any subject. You’ve always been one of my rivals in the top spot,” Jessica confessed.
     Yoona giggled as she watches Chanyeol’s chagrin-laden face She patted his shoulder and comforted him, “Aww, come on. We’re not gonna tell her. But my advice to you, focus on other subjects as well. It’ll look too obvious that you want her attention.”
     Jieun added, “Yoona-nim is right. Don’t make her the sun of your Solar system. Or else you’ll burn like Venus. Ne?”
     Chanyeol nodded and thanked them. “Thank you guys for the wonderful advices. Well, Jong Jong Up’s quote is true. Women knew men better than themselves. Anyway, where’s Zelo? We’ve been having a good time yet he’s not here.”
     Jongup answered, “Eomma talkerd to her and – Oh ! Wait guys.” He ran to his house, opened the door and saw Zelo and her mother having tea. “Eomma?! What are you doing?”
     “Calm down, Jongjong. I’m just having a conversation with you ‘best friend’. Got any complaint about that?” Youngjae defended, sipping black tea.
     Jongup held grip of Zelo’s arm and dragged him out of his chair. “He’s gonna go practice with us with HIS PARTNER for the dance performance tomorrow.”
     Zelo looked at Youngjae with awkwardness. Youngjae simply smiled and nodded. The two left.
     Prepare for a surprise, my dear son. Mwehehehe~
     The four girls and two boys were shocked to see a mad Jongup dragging a bewildered Zelo.
     “If you ask me, they look like a couple stuck in an LQ,” Kai whispered.
     All agreed. They were more surprised when Jongup forcefully pulled Zelo to sit beside him.
     “J-Jongup… m-my wrist hurts…”
     The gang feasted on the Korean drama scenery of Zelo in distress and the Jongup in a hissy fit.
     Jongup freed Zelo’s aching wrist and sighed heavily. “I’m sorry Junhong. My eomma is just weird and she say absurd things… Sorry.”
     Zelo bit his lip and nodded sheepishly. “I-It’s okay…”
     “Abangan sa susunod na kabanata!” the four girls squealed.