Wedding Offer

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

"  Because I love you so much; Because I like you so much

Can't you just come to me  "

 

 

       Nervous is an understatement. It goes beyond that.

       Ryeowook can tell he is in insanely at the edge of break down yet a ridiculously excitement radiates his whole being. Every once in a while, he has to inhale quite amount of air before breathing it out slowly - an effort to keep his racing heartbeat slows down. He can't possibly sure if his heart willing to slow down any minute, he just has to try - so, he won't mess up.

       There is no way he's going to inflict humiliation on Zhoumi's face.

       Preparing himself, he hums softly to himself.

       "You're nervous, don't you?" Zhoumi continues when the younger chooses to emit the reassuring smile of his, "Don't lie. It is written all over your face. You know what, don't be. Just be yourself - the bright, cheerful Ryeowook."

       Ryeowook continues to smile at the reassurance.


       The vintage concept of shooting has ended well. Currently, he is watching Zhoumi across the room; answering the questions. Due to some arise problem in China, Zhoumi has to fly and settle the matter right then and there - avoiding any misfortune as soon as possible. His flight scheduled to be in the afternoon.

       Ryeowook occupies himself with the words of encouragement he received earlier.

       "All the best, Ryeowook!" - The simple yet meaningful wishes came from Siwon, Kibum and Shindong.

       "I know you will do well. Fighting!" - The well-mannered messages aspired from Yesung, Donghae, the cheeky Henry and Hangeng except the chef writing it in Chinese.

       "Let all the staffs production envy your beauty, baby!" - The so-called boost dropped in his inbox from the diva Heechul, Sungmin and Eunhyuk.

       Of course the comfort from his daughter is the best one, "Be yourself and remember, this is one of your dreams. Your dream of helping people. I wish you all the best!"

 

       Out of the corner of his eyes, Ryeowook can see that Zhoumi has stood up and now walking towards him. Quickly shutting his phone out, he shoves the gadget into his pant's pocket. The petite male then stands up, too.

       The taller flashes a smile while he busying himself to get ready to go to airport. And Ryeowook only stand to watch. He couldn't do anything when suddenly Zhoumi pats Ryeowook on the back while his other hand wraps the small frame gently.

       "Have a safe journey."

       "I will. Don't miss me. You will be just fine." Zhoumi consoles.



       The leaving Zhoumi send chills to Ryeowook. The anxiety comes at instants once the taller male waves the staff and retreats completely from the building.

       "Ryeowook, are you ready?"

       You can do this, Ryeowook! 

       He braces himself to step forward and sits in front of the magazine reporter.

       "Zhoumi seems close to you. How did you met him?"

       "It'd happened when I'm staying in Paris." The reporter has a shock expression outlines her face. "We met coincidentally at this autumn function last year. We exchanged cards and we have been friends since then. However, the idea of partnership came later in early of this year."

       "It must be fun staying in Paris, then. Does the country inspire you to have your own clothes line?"

       "I must say it is very interesting staying there. There is no inspiration." Ryeowook humours lightly. "It was Zhoumi-hyung's idea and he thinks that we make a quite successful business together though the idea itself is very entertaining. I guess, it's time to venture myself out."

       "You guys are quite young yet have the courage to invest in the fashion market. Is there any planning for the future?"

       "Well, we are planning on launching a store in August once the store is ready. However, we can't tell any exact date and location yet. And recently, I'm studying interior design. I find myself enthralled with the subject." Ryeowook cheerfully explains.

       The reporter makes a game for Ryeowook, telling him that she makes Zhoumi do the same thing. It tells you how compatible you are with your partnership, in a sense that how much fire and ice you are compared to the other friend and testing if they are having the same thoughts regarding certain things.

       Ryeowook on the other hand, isn't very sure what to think. The game is fun, yeah. But nothing really benefitted from it - it's not like he would really angry at Zhoumi if they have different answers. People are made to be different, anyway. 


       "Thank you very much for spending your time with us, Ryeowook. I hope your store will be a huge success." The reporter says sincerely.

       "Thanks to you, too for inviting me and Zhoumi here. I hope your magazine will be a huge success, too." Ryeowook flashes his bright smile.

       A charismatic young lady dresses warmly walks into the room; greeting the staff and likewise. Perhaps, she is the one who responsible for this photoshoot. Ryeowook then excuses himself to the waiting room and change the wardrobe to his.

       He greets the production crews and as soon he walks himself out from the building, he halts his pace. Someone's calling for him. Turning himself around, he stares at the female in front of him.

       "Ryeowook, right?" Nodding in approval, Ryeowook let the female continues.

       "If possible, can I talk to you? If you don't have anything to be take care of at this moment."

       Dumbfounded, Ryeowook manages to say, "Sure. Why not we have some coffee?"



       The cafe is located across the magazine building. Ryeowook feels at ease for a moment after some nerve-wracking interview he had just now. He learns that Victoria is the owner of the magazine and she is getting married later in September.

       "So, I want your help in designing my gown for the wedding." Baffled, Ryeowook widens his eyes in surprise.

       "What? Why? Why me?" Ryeowook grips his mug.

       Victoria smiles at the reaction, "Hmm, I like you...?"

       "W-What? No, that can't be true. You're getting married, Victoria." The grip tightens around the mug. His palm gets sweaty despite how well-function the air-conditioner is.

       "I know. I do not like you that way. I don't really have a reason on why I choose you, though. Let's just say, I want to be friends with you."

       "It's not quite fit the reason." Ryeowook whispers enough for her to hear. He slowly loosens the grip.

       "It's okay, I understand. You don't have to tell me at this moment. I can give you some time to think this through."

       "Did your fiancee' know about this?" Ryeowook realizes the lady has a light orange scarf hanging loosely around her neck.

       "About hiring you, no he don't. I'll tell him once you agree. He leaves the wedding-clothes related matter to me."

       Ryeowook sips the coffee carefully. Putting it down slowly he suggests, "How about I give an answer before midnight?"

       "Sure, I'm really hoping you agree with this, Ryeowook. And since I say I want to be your friend, I'm looking forward with it even after you reject my offer." They exchange their phone number before leaving the cafe.



       Ryeowook drives to the hospice once he is sure he can't think of anything to get back to the office. He calls in an emergency leaves.

       "I get an offer - designing a wedding gown or perhaps the tuxedo, too. What do you think?" Ryeowook types the letter out to Ryeohyun.

       "Why my opinion matters to you?" Ryeohyun replies; walking to the car that wait for her at the gate.

       "Because you are my lovely daughter?"

       "I'll be your daughter regardless you accept or reject the offer. If this offer will make you happy, why wouldn't you accept it? If the offer bothering you, why would you?"

       The realization hits him hard like a bucket of ices suddenly being thrown at him exactly on his head. Why he thinks his daughter is too smart? Or do eight-year old child really have that kind of thinking. Sure, everyone would question the same thing, but never had he thought she would make life simpler. "Thanks sweetheart. You are really the best! Where are you? Who pick you up?"

       "I'm in Donghae-Appa's car, heading for ISE building before he treats me for a lunch."

       It supposed to be Zhoumi's turn. Whether Zhoumi asks for Donghae or Donghae offers himself; Ryeowook couldn't care less as long as his daughter is safe.

       Feeling relieved now, he goes to the familiar building. But right that moment, he realizes that Jinki isn't going to be anywhere in the hospice. He has to attend his classes.

       Chatting with the patients make Ryeowook loses the track of time. They say someone had come visited last Sunday. They don't know his name - they don't bother themselves to ask someone's name if that someone will not make any visit after the first one. Though the staffs might know, Ryeowook feels he does not have the right to know.

       "He can sing. And his voice is beautiful just like you," Grandma who loves flowers tells him.

       "He is tall like Siwon and Zhoumi except they might be a bit taller than him." The forty-year old lady chips in.

       "I'm sorry for unable to visit you guys last Sunday."

       "It's okay, son. You have works to attend to. Besides, you make time for us today." Grandma touches his shoulder; embracing Ryeowook.

       "You should head back to Seoul. It's getting dark out there." The hospice's manager advises.



       Reaching his home, he finds Ryeohyun is waiting for him on the couch.

       "Did you say yes?"

       "No," Ryeowook simply answers; cuddles himself up next to her.

       Ryeohyun pulls back a little and searches Ryeowook's eyes; silently asking Ryeowook why. "Well, I'm thinking I will tell her... after seeing you."

       Ryeowook continues hugging her; hiding his flushed face.

 


.......
 
 
 
 

       Sitting at the kitchen counter, Kyuhyun watches her mom and sister moving around - preparing for a dinner. His father at the living room with his brother-in-law - discussing adult stuffs that he is not interested in.

       His nieces are at the gazebo near the garden at the backyard. He can clearly see the two sisters are playing some games involving the rock, paper and scissors.

       "How was your day, son?" His mom inquires as she stirs the soup gently.

       "It's boring." He has too much paperwork to review and it's boring him to hell. His senior doctor asks him to review all those white papers before he can see any patients. Being a smart person he is, Kyuhyun respects the doctor's decision for he knows the doctor wants him to be prepared just in case.

       "What about your colleagues?" His sister want to make the conversation interesting enjoins.

       "They're nice." Kyuhyun met his acquaintance, Lee Jonghyun at Ireland before through the exchange student program. He is glad he has someone who he knows at the hospital, though.

       A vibration interrupts the so-called conversation. Sliding the smartphone open, he places it around his ear. "What?"

       "Could you please greet me politely?"

       "What do you want, Changmin?" Kyuhyun rolls his eyes.

       "There, it's not hard is it? Nothing, I just miss my gaming-friend."

       "Cut the craps. We both know you won't be calling me unless you have something for me. So, what do you want?"

       "As expected, you know what I want. Make my job much easier. Be my best man." Serious tone of Changmin reaches Kyuhyun's ear.

       "Why should I?"

       "It's not like I'm asking for your money. I'm asking for your cooperation."

       Kyuhyun knows he would not win this argument when the latter use his serious tone without asking him first.

       "Alright," Kyuhyun cuts the phone-calling short. Feels defeated, he then heads to the gazebo while looking over at the night sky.



       "I won't be helping you. You have to help yourself if you want what you want." 

       Kyuhyun asked Siwon earlier which magazine Ryeowook will be feature in but the only information the taller male give is, "The interview will come out in June."

       Today is 1st June.

       Kyuhyun sighs then he lies himself - feeling tired already. As soon he drifts off to sleep, a hand caressing his face gently.

       "Hmm?" He mumbles weakly.

       "Dinner is ready. Wake up now, Kyu. Wash your face."

       Dragging his body to the bathroom near the kitchen, he splashes the amount of water to his face. Soon, he walks out from the bathroom. He feels dizzy all over, but manage to not bump himself in his parents house.
 
       Seating himself on a chair, he makes a contact with the spoon at the right side of his rice-filled bowl.

       "Why don't you sleep here tonight?" His mom touches Kyuhyun thigh.

       "I can't. The hospital is near my apartment." Kyuhyun reaches the steamed fish on the dining table.

       "Then, it's not about you can't. It's about you don't want to. Why? You despise me so much?"

       Glaring at his sister he mutters annoyingly, "Maybe, I am."
 

       Inadvertently, Kyuhyun knows his mother would know. Even without any details, his mother could figure his motives loud and clear like pristine water at the waterfall. Those long years won't make his mother lose her ability.

       The apartment is a place he can hope things will get better, eventually. A place where he reminisces over the hidden memories, a place where he believes he can has something or rather someone to hold on after those anguish yet uplifting 8 years.




       The beeping sound chimes in the luxurious Italian restaurant in town.

       Victoria breaks into a big grin, "He said yes."

       "Who? Your client?"

       "No, Ryeowook."

       "He's not your client?" Confused, Changmin observes his fiancee' intently, jealousy bubbling inside.

       "No, he is our wedding designer." Victoria chirps happily. "Don't be jealous, he is not interested in me."

       "And why is that? You are the hottest woman in town." Sliding his hand on the slim part of the glass, Changmin gently spins the wine.

       "He doesn't even know me but of course I know him. He's quite famous in the fashion scene. Thanks for the compliments, though."

       Smells the wine, Changmin stares at Victoria straight in her eyes. "Why him?"

       "It's Ryeowook. You better get used to his name. I'm suppose he has talent to make it big - I'm doing him a favor. Can't you see?"

       "Then, what you want to use him later?" It's a stupidity on his part. 

       "What do you take me for? A deceiver?" Feeling hurt by the sudden accusation, Victoria abruptly leaves her chair. "I can't believe this."

       She couldn't fathom why she overreacts at that. They usually like to bicker like that, and somehow they manage through that. Of course, the first two years of meeting him she couldn't stand with his way but love has always make things better.

       Changmin grabs her wrist abruptly, "No, that's not what I mean. Okay, maybe that's what I mean but not at that way. I'm sorry okay." Regret is written all over his face.

       Luckily for them, the reservation for the restaurant really saved their night.

       Changmin's hand goes up to his fiancee's shoulder and he gently make her seat on his chair.

       "Look, I'm really sorry. It's not my intention to say that. And it's not making me any less happy when you said you're doing him a favor." Changmin squeezes her both hand. "It's just sounds wrong when you say that. He doesn't even know you." He whispers.

       Feeling ashamed, Victoria brings her head down - staring at their intertwined hands.

       "It's not my intention either to use him. I want to be his friend instead." A tear escapes her eyes.

       Hugging her tightly, Changmin reassures her, "I'm sure he knows that. You just have a slip of tongue. I don't mad at you. Please, stop crying." Changmin untangles himself to wipe dry her tears. "The food is getting cold."

       "I don't feel like eating," She's still hanging her head down.

       "It's such a waste of my money, then." Changmin whines. "Come on, at least accompany me. I'm starving here."

       Composing herself, Victoria goes to her former seat. Smile lightly, she shoves the spoon in front of the male, "Open up." Changmin gladly open his mouth, savoring the sweet moment while his hand lightly grips her left hand.



__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Day and night meet fleetingly at twilight and dawn.

They're passing rather swiftly for someone who doesn't appreciate the transient beauty.

Human really don't appraise such precious moments for they assume it is an insubstantial of dreams.

Sadly, people start to realize those subtle events through the turning point in their life - a turning that might be either a danger or an opportunity.