(un)certainty

Be Extant, Stay Around

"  If I cover up the sky that covers the world

Will that hide the stars?  "

 

       "Oh, hi sweetie." Kyuhyun waves when he realizes the daughter of his is standing near the sliding door that separating the covered patio with the second floor of the house. "Come here," The lanky father says.

       Ryeowook, who sits far across the lanky doctor, watches the latter rises to his feet, embracing the little girl that smiles sweetly to him.

       As soon as the hug is loosened, the little girl strides towards the designer, throwing herself and wrapping her hands around the father. For once, she feels relieved that her father is with her. Her senses flooded with relief, judging how reluctant she is when Ryeowook tries to back away slightly from her, in effort maybe the young father could see his daughter properly, but it is pointless - she tightens her arms around the neck, enough not to suffocate the young father.

       In return, the young father holds his daughter close to him, the little girl's backside affectionately, albeit how surprised he is. The last time she acts clingy was the time when she is assumed to be lost, right after her school ended; and that was seven months ago. Not that it is a bad thing, but she is not someone who is emotionally or physically attached person - she looks fine even after all the trauma, smiley all over.

       Alas, deep down Ryeowook knows his daughter is too shaken to evince her distress. She becomes too traumatize to recall what has happened to her, though she is found unharmed. But, the first two months after the incident did prove him that she is getting queasy and jumpy when someone pulls her without her knowing. Even the slightest touch on her shoulder makes her tensed up.

       Therefore the designer comes to a conclusion that he would let her daughter be all clingy as long as she wants, because he decides that time doesn't matter to him - he wants her to get better, even there is no professional's help to assist them as Ryeohyun refuses to meet one.

       Thus, the young father now waits patiently for her to release the tight hold around him. He feels Ryeohyun's body begin to relax, before his daughter pulls herself away from him slowly. Wearing a small smile, he watches her standing up with her hand-gesture tells him to show something, in which he doesn't really want to let her know yet.

       "Give me your hand."

       For a while, Ryeowook stares at his daughter, though she looks unfazed to the whole thing. She waits again, playing the 'stubborn;' game along, she's going to win this - she knows. Witnessing everything from aside, Kyuhyun catches the blank look Ryeowook is sporting, as the designer brings his right hand forward.

       "Where did you find me?"

       The smirk that plays in the corner of the mouth slowly wears off, indicating how displeased she is, that she turns all serious all over again. "I have my ways. I want the other hand."

       Hesitantly, Ryeowook tries to stall the time, only it frustrates the little girl more. She then seizes her father's left hand, and the designer knows he has disappoints his daughter as he's watching her face falls.

       "What happened?" She whispers the question, eyes trail on the white bandage.

       A tiny part of her wishes that her father won't answer her, yet the other part of her wants to hear the excuses badly, albeit she knows it will make her heart breaks into pieces again, but she has successfully patches them back into square one several times before - so why not?

       "Do you really want to know?"

       Because Ryeowook can read his daughter easily, he knows that she's hurting inside. "I'm sorry. You weren't supposed to see this but you're too smart to not know this. It gets better, don't worry too much."

       She replies meekly. She feels tired. "I don't. Just try not to hurt yourself next time." Turning away, she gently lets Ryeowook's left hand slips away, before pacing towards the other father of her. She almost stops herself when Ryeowook asks her.

       "Who makes you cry?"

       She continues moving forward, "I have something in my eyes; it takes a while to take it out." Once she seated near Kyuhyun, she dares herself to face Ryeowook. "My eyes look terrible, isn't it? I know I shouldn't rub my eyes."

       The designer studies his daughter from afar, "It does look terrible, your whole face swollen. And you're rambling. You look ugly crying."

       "Well, you look like the Mad Hatter."

       "Yah, he looks awful. Don't compare me with him. Plus, his situation is far worse than mine. It's understandable he acts that way."

       They resume talking like nothing has happened between both of them. Though Kyuhyun surprised at the randomness of the topic, he silently watches them. Unconsciously, he draws a smile, genuinely pleased at the mere contact with his daughter, together with Ryeowook in the same space.

       Because he feels he doesn't want to intervene with the on-going conversation - more like he doesn't know what to say; the doctor keeps himself busy playing with Ryeohyun's soft blonde hair. It is not until sometimes later, another person comes to the patio.

       Despite how baffled he thinks he is, Kyuhyun just stares at the teenage boy and the chirping voice of Ryeohyun, who notices the presence of the teen later, greets him. She bounces off from Kyuhyun's lap, striding to the elder boy and dragging him further inside the patio.

       "What are you doing here, oppa?"

       Min Gyu just smiles, she look adorable, clinging to his arm, While his eyes train on Ryeowook's bandaged hand - he manages to catch the glimpse of it, before Ryeowook hides them seconds later - he pats her shoulder gently, before he goes straight to the designer.

       "Did you hurt yourself?"

       "No."

       "Don't lie to me."

       "It wasn't -- "

       "I said don't lie to me!" His voice booming, that it appalled everyone, Kyuhyun quickly moves to his feet fast, reaching Ryeohyun who stands near to the said boy.

      The boy clasps his eyes hut, hating himself for the unnecessary reaction, but the suppressed, hidden emotion inside him clouds his judgement for a moment, that he somehow unleashes all of them out to wrong person. his hand into a ball, he tries to control his tears but the dam is broken when he feels Ryeowook's soft voice in his ear.

       "I'm fine, Min Gyu. Everything is fine."

       He grips the male's arm firmly, as much as his tears pouring down onto his cheeks. He wants to stop crying, but the inner demon inside him doesn't let him - it wants Ryeowook by itself selfishly. Bitterness form earlier came weighing in, forcing him to clutch onto the designer even more.

       However, the gentle comforting words assuring him that Ryeowook is not going to abandon him like his hyungs, his parents did. And he continues to cry - the frustration, longing that has built up, spilling themselves down his face.

       "It's okay. You're going to be fine."