A Meal Favor

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

       Locking himself in the studio, the male is focusing on the task at hand - in this case, the sketches on the sketch pad. Frown is lining across the facial features as the male stares at the magazine in front of him. Looking over the sketch, Ryeowook compares it with the sample. Closing his eyes momentarily, he crumples the rough drawing before tearing it from the pad - throwing the sketch away across the room, joining the rest on the floor.

       Slowly the young designer lays his head on the table by pressing the left cheek lightly. Ryeowook then opens his eyes and blink them for several moments before raising his head up. His blank expression immediately registers the disorganized state of the room. Knitting his eyebrows, he rises to his feet and gathers the crumpled drawings on the floor. Straighten the creases all over the papers on the light colored bamboo flooring, the designer eyes all the pieces one by one intently.

       Remembering the romantic ambience for the reception, the designer picks up the sketch of silk organza dress with intricate layers at the bottom.
Abandoning the rest in the waste bin, he strides to the table and begins sketching again as soon as he sits down on the chair.

       Ryeowook keeps his eyes back and forth between the creased sketch and the new rough drawing; he replaces the entangled layers with the expanding floor length gown. The young designer then completes the sketches with crystal-encrusted midriff and a bit of weaving from the drop waist till thigh area - leaving the fabric and color to Victoria to choose.

       Proceed to the wedding dress, Ryeowook starts sketching the fitted-off-the-shoulder floor length gown and laced it with pale pink delicate vintage. Drawing a tiara on top of the head, the designer looks over the draft and put it aside - satisfied, before he begins executing another design.

       This time, the inspired young male outlines a strapless lace gown embroidered with satin flowers. A white flower on a right side of waistline perfected the white organza satin gown. Adding some accessories so the gown looks elegant, Ryeowook inspects his design - detecting anything that might look out of place.

       After several final touches on each of the three sketches, the young designer stacks them up separately in a transparent cover carefully. Taking her phone from the upper drawer, the petite male widens his eyes upon seeing that it is almost dinner time. Clearing the mess quickly, he decides he want to show the rough drawing to his partner first - maybe the taller might has a brilliant idea that might help him - before discussing it thoroughly with the bride-to-be tomorrow.

       It is fortunate for the smaller that he only has to design the wedding dress and an evening dress for the reception because he doesn't think he can afford to design suits for the bridegroom or the best man. Not that he really has an experience in designing a wedding gown in the first place. Ryeowook's expertise lies on making an evening dress, jackets or something that is casual. This is something that he never really wants to try but his friends bug him the entire night when he tells them about the offer. He barely opens his eyes when finally he decides to accept the offer solely because at that time the only answer they accept from him is yes. Besides, this is rare opportunity for him to explore more into the fashion world.

       Walking to the house, he slumps to the couch next to his daughter when he notices the girl is sleeping. Hugging the girl gently on the shoulder, he falls into a deep sleep - re-energizing his body after four hours straight, working and brainstorming.

 

       Ryeohyun can't move, not when someone is using her as human pillow. Slowly, she flutters her hazel eyes open. Ryeowook's hand is on the back of her head while the other is on the waist. Tilting her head slightly onto the left side, she touches the long, slender fingers before she moves to caress the other hand on the waist. Her fingers brush with the silver band on the ring finger.

       Smile frames on her face as she faces the sleepy male beside her. All the while, her fingers are still ghosting with the other hand. Leaning forward, Ryeohyun brushes her lips against the male's forehead gently without stirring the male.

       After some time, she slips from the warm embrace before locating her cellphone on the coffee table. Bringing the device close to ear, she walks to the fridge, checking if there is any edible meal.

       "Yes, Ryeohyun?"

       "Good evening, Donghae-Appa."

       Donghae chuckles lightly before he answers the girl, "Good evening to you, too."

       Closing the fridge, she walks back to the living room. There is nothing edible that really can satisfy the hunger except the green apple. And she hates green apple but her father likes it very much to the point he always stocks the fridge with the said fruits. "Are you busy, right now?"

       "Not really. Why?" Lying on the comfy sofa at Eunhyuk's apartment, the composer fixes his eyes on the screen across from him.

       "Can't you do me a favor? I'm hungry."

       The composer blinks his eyes confusedly, taking the information in before he question, "Ryeowook is not available?"

       "Yes, he is not available to cook for me. He's sleeping on the couch right now."

       Straighten his body on the couch, Donghae stands to his feet before looking for the owner of the apartment. "Ah, so, want do you want to eat?"

       Nodding in approval, Donghae realizes the girl can't see the gesture, "Alright. We're coming shortly. Close the windows and the door. It's getting late. Please don't answer the door, if it's a stranger unless, Ryeowook is available to do so. Understood?"

       The composer practically can see the girl is rolling her eyes upon hearing the order before she weakly protest, "Yes sir."

       Stopping at the kitchen doorstep, he orders take-out so when he arrives he can grab them without wasting time and heads straight to the designer's house. Eunhyuk, who sits on a chair, back-facing the male, overhears the take-out conversation. Turning his body, he looks over his friend and while waiting for the conversation to end, he stands up to dump the empty mug of hot chocolate in the sink.

       He simply stares at the composer as soon the latter has ends the call, waiting for an explanation.

       "We're going to Ryeowook's house for the dinner. He is too tired to cook, I guess." Donghae starts to move from the kitchen, as the older follows suit.

       "You guess?" Eunhyuk grabs his leather jacket on the couch before trailing Donghae out from the apartment. Closing the door and locking it, both male heads to the elevator.

       "Judging the way Ryeohyun tells me, I guess he is too tired to cook because he is sleeping right now, on the couch."

       For the life of male named Ryeowook, he never let himself falls asleep on the couch no matter how tired he is. He will drag himself into the bedroom before he slumps onto the mattress. Even, just for a light nap. "He must be pretty tired, then."

       No one really knows why the smaller male does such thing. Again, neither their friends want really to question such act from the smaller male. After eight years, there are some things that they will accept regarding Ryeowook as it is without doubting it - it's not their place to ask anyway, as long as the male is perfectly fine, that's good enough.



       Pulling up short in front of the talented male house, Donghae steps out from the car, knocks the front door with his free hand. Soon, Ryeohyun appears on the entrance; welcoming the composer.

       Realizing the other male behind the composer; she blinks, "Ah, I thought you're alone?"

       "I'd say 'we' earlier on the phone."

       Eunhyuk just smile warmly while walking to the kitchen, "Someone wants me to accompany him besides, I get free meals. I don't think I want to reject the offer."

       "You have more money than me. You even have your own company. How can you be such a penny pincher?" Donghae complains. He walks to the sleeping male after abandoning the meals on the kitchen counter top.

       "I invest all my money to all of you." The older of them claims, as stating it like it is a fact - which the other male is not really buying it. Why should he? Since they're become friends, he knows Eunhyuk is very careful in spending the money unless it is necessary. And up till now, the composer is not very sure what is considered necessary for the elder.

       Sighing, Donghae give a stay-in-the-kitchen, don't-come-near-to-Ryeowook look and the other flinches a little, decides to obey the younger - settling on fixing the meals on the table.

       "Have you showered yet?"

       Moving her head lightly side by side, Ryeohyun speaks. "I'm waiting for you." Turning her head from the sleeping figure to face Donghae who is next to her; she continues, "But, I suppose I can do that now. Thanks, Donghae-Appa." She smiles beautifully to the male.

       Ryeohyun leaves the young man without waiting for the other reaction. Donghae didn't really can draw a proper response, anyway - the breathtaking smile catches his breath for a moment, thinking he never has a chance to see the lovely smile as lately.

       Donghae sits on little space beside the male, reaching for the sleeping male on the couch. Brushing gently the hair from the face, he calls, "Time to wake up, Wookie. Dinner is ready." Being a light sleeper he is, Ryeowook briefly opens his eyes and peers out at the person beside him. He closes back his eyes once he recognizes the male, "Hyung, what are doing here?"

       "Treat you a dinner." The elder of the two watches the sleepy male straightens the stiff body, eyes close still; and pats the messy hair with a silly smile adoring the elder male. "You're so cute, Wookie."

       Snapping his eyes open, he suddenly aware that he might be seen by the others, and Ryeowook quickly ducks down into the blanket. Okay, he doesn't remember a blanket is in the couch but it doesn't matter now! Before he gives Donghae time to react, he pushes the composer from the couch on the leg.

       "Ouch! What was that for?"

       "Who else is in the house?" The designer dreads the answer. This is why Ryeowook doesn't like to sleep on the couch, his group of friends love to .

       "Me and Donghae." Eunhyuk who is watching from afar, volunteers himself with smug frames the male's features.

       "Seriously Ryeowook, could you please don't use any violent acts on us. It hurts, in case you don't know." Rubbing on the sore spot, Donghae whines.

       Calming his heartbeat; Ryeowook peeps out over the linen material, "Sorry, hyung." He smiles sheepishly to the composer.