Crash and Burn

Be Extant, Stay Around

       For the second time that night, the petite male arouses. This time, he can't fall back to sleep as he realizes that it is almost dawn. Tossing away the comforter, he walks into the bathroom. Though the summer house is big, they unanimously decide to build four bathrooms - two located outside the bedroom, each floor has it at the end of the hallway, except on the third floor, while the other two showers are build-in between the two bedrooms.

       In which Ryeowook gets the privilege to have the shared-shower in his room, adjacent to his daughter's room. While the other shower has it installed on the first floor, between Shindong and Heechul's bedroom. Kibum doesn't really reveal this, because he knows everyone will fight about it, and he thinks he is damned if he wants to risk it. The other day, when they came to choose a room, he had foreseen that things are going to go downhill. Boy, how true it turned out.

       Walking back from the bathroom, with towel hugging low on his waist, the small male widens his eyes at the sight of his daughter sleeping on the floor, with someone. Rushing back into the bathroom, he grabs a wine-colored flannel shirt, together with pair of jeans and the undergarments. Blood rushing to his face that his cheeks starts to get warm. Perhaps, it is because he moves too fast at the crack of the dawn. Maybe, that's why.

       Grasping onto the comforter - once he comes out fully-clothed - he lays it down to the sleeping duo gently, and because he feels his face flushed again, he quickly storms out from the room, too suffocated to breathe even properly. Slanting slightly against the corridor, the designer gasps a mouthful of air, an attempt to calm his nerves.

       It takes several trials to even out his breath eventually, and when a sleepyhead Donghae stumbles out from Siwon's room, heading towards the bathroom across Yesung's room, all his previous thinking vanishes - another thoughts circulating his mind. But, before the composer could spot that he is outside his own bedroom, Ryeowook rises to his feet, descending off the stairs and pacing for the kitchen.



 


       Donghae, who stood near the petite male, tried to stop the designer from walking away, but the unyielding Ryeowook didn't give cooperation that the composer had to let his friend slipped - just like that. Though, everyone else is quite shocked about the unexpected reaction, nobody moved, nor shifted from their previous position.


       My pounding heart (trembles) hurry and remember me
       My love, I can't make it disappear, I'll protect you, you know


       As luck would have sided with Changmin and Victoria, the somber mood didn't affect Henry performance. Instead he sang the song like this is the first time he had to show to the crowds that he is indeed has the talent to make it big, to be an all-rounded entertainer. Yet, the singer somehow hoped that all his frustration is shown clearly in his outer appearance, so people would realize they got the wrong guy to be on the stage.

       That he actually scoffed at himself for being such a stupid, foolish man he was as he flirted his way in with the guests, providing them two more upbeat songs before ending it with heart-felt melancholic composition of his. His heart was too torn to actually grasp, that the singer didn't try to formulate anything when he saw, with his two eyes; Kyuhyun strode into the house, after he finished performing his first song.


       The ceremony had come to the end, when the guests were beginning to depart, one by one. Hence, Donghae who was in charged with the special-task jobs gave them the direction to the hotel that they were going to stay overnight, before letting them go to their own respective cars. Then, the composer proceeded with arranging the guests who they - the owners of the house - would recommend them to stay for the rest of the night in the house, and this includes Ahra's family.

       However, after some words between Ahra and her husband, the husband thought it was better if they stayed at the hotel, for the children might cause them to feel a little bit discomfort. Though Taemin, for the most part tried his best to convince Ahra to stay, and that Kyuhyun reasoned out that the house is completely convenient compared to the hotel.

       Nonetheless, Kyuhyun's sister persistently insisted that her family would stay at the hotel, and that she intimidated them that if they respect her, they would agree with her decision regardless.

       Sighing, Yesung intervened, putting any protest to stop. It was a long day for all of them, after all. "You'd better not regret this, Ahra." Sending the family-of-four to the car, the lawyer watched the youngest daughter of Ahra's. "Anyhow, thanks for attending the party, and helping us out here. Drive carefully, Seung Jae-hyung."

       Due to the addition of seventeen people - after detracting Ahra's family, and provided there was thirteen bedrooms, the average persons in each room would be two with the maximum of three.

       "The guests are not going to do this; it's just us - the owner of the house, with the addition of Kyuhyun-hyung, Leeteuk-hyung and Kangin-hyung." Henry explained.

       "So, we're going to do this using the pieces of paper. Each one of you is going to take one folded-paper, where there is a number inside it. The number is representing the room you are doing to sleep in." Scanning, Donghae made sure everyone was following him. "So far, okay?"

       "Yes!"

       "Hmm," The passive replied from some of them.

       While most of the guys, only nodded their head. It was better than having no response at all, Henry concluded.

       "And Siwon, you are not going to play the game. This including Ryeowook, as Henry and I both decided to couple him with his daughter."

       If Kyuhyun had the energy, he would have argued why Siwon is not going to pick the paper. He studied every expression on each faces, but got nothing that would imply him anything related to Siwon not playing the silly game.

       And they discovered later that there was no number 1, and 3 for those number are reserved for the guests, and it started with number 2 instead, ended with number 9. Room with number 2, 4 and 6 were going to have three people in it.

       "Sorry guys, that's just how it works. If, by any means, you are not satisfied by this, feel free to sort it yourself." Apologetically, the composer excused.

       "What?"

       "You should consider us before you actually wanted us to play this stupid game!"

       "Hey, language people." Siwon, upon hearing the foul words, stepped in.

       Henry rubbing his temple slightly, said. "Look, we are very sorry for not telling you guys regarding this in advance. Is there any better idea on how to sort this thing out? If there is, we will consider the option."

       Silence was the only greeting the bestowed upon, even Victoria scared to voice out her point of view. As Luna was patting lightly Kyuhyun's little girl backside, who sometimes would stir up by the loud-speaking voices, she watched the argument warily, afraid that the debate would continue on for who knows how long.

         Then, Leeteuk, the second oldest attempted to break the silence. "There is nothing wrong with this method, judging on how we are going to be perfectly fine by tomorrow, right? So, can we just move on with this? It's getting late now."

       "Right," Kangta jumped in. "Albeit this is not very comfortable for every one of us, let's just try to fit in. We have another long journey tomorrow. We should save the energy."

       Soon afterwards, the composer and the young singer distributed the list of based-on-number rooms.

       Room 1 - Sungmin's

       Room 2 - Ryeowook's

       Room 3 - Zhoumi's

       Room 4 - Yesung's

       Room 5 - Siwon's

       Room 6 - Heechul's

       Room 7 - Shindong's

       Room 8 - Eunhyuk's

       Room 9 - Henry's

       Room 10 - Ryeohyun's

       Room 11 - Donghae's

       Room 12 - Hankyung's

       Room 13 - Kibum's


       All of them were scattering everywhere, trying to find the room. Fortunately in front of each door the name is tagged on, making things a bit easier. Walking to the couch, Kyuhyun smiled in gratitude towards the blonde girl who stayed beside his daughter, before lifting the little girl, bridal style, and heading towards the stairs.

       And Kangta helped Jinki in finding the room number 3, and making sure that the other two - Taemin, and Min Gyu - who were going to stay in the same room were comfortable enough, before he stepped outside the room, and looking for his, where he was supposed to shared it with Yesung and Kangin.




       "What are you making?" A voice from behind him almost startled him to death. Turning around from the oven, he stares at the stranger, who leans against the kitchen doorstep. "Uh...muffins?"

       "Ah, that sounds delicious." Looking over the counter-top, Jaejoong exclaims. "Wow, you make my favorite meals."

       "The ham croissants?" Knitting his brows, the designer asks.

       "Nah, the one in the pot. Man, the heavenly smell. Thanks, Ryeowook," Stepping more into the kitchen, Jaejoong fusses over the small male, smile adorning the handsome features. "Do you need my help on anything? I'm good with the kitchen works."

       And when there is no answer, the taller faces Ryeowook, who has been staring at him for quite sometimes - Jaejoong realizes. "What?"

       "You know my name." A simple statement, for all the doubts the designer has in mind.

       Chuckles lightly, Jaejoong says. "Right, I'm Jaejoong, Changmin's friend. Wait, you don't know who am I?"

       "No, he doesn't." Changmin intervenes - all of a sudden - smiling at Ryeowook warmly.

       "You don't know?" The elder male utters, eyes widening at the thought that the designer doesn't recognize him. How come, there are numerous articles about him on the net.

       Shaking his head, Ryeowook flashes his small smile, guilty for making the elder male offended. "Sorry."

       "See, I told you. He spends his eight years aboard. He doesn't really look into entertainment world, much less you once he gets back here. Right, Wook?"

       Blinking at the nickname Changmin calls him; the petite designer can only nod his head, too surprised at the many things that have happened in the early morning. The smaller male, however starts to tune out when the two friends are conversing about last night circumstances, for he thinks he doesn't really want to make his head to starts pounding later on.

       Ding!

       Waking up from reverie, the designer pulls himself to his feet, taking out the trays from the oven onto the table. A snippet from the on-going conversation flies into his ear.

       "Are the others okay?"

       "I doubt that. Except Kyuhyun, maybe but everyone else was too drunk to even speak properly. Before things become too serious, we managed to send everyone to their own room. I'm sore all over now. Those guys are no joke."

       Ryeowook chimes in, "Should we make the hangover soups for them, then?"

       "I'll do that." Jaejoong instantly jumps from his seat out of eagerness, getting all the ingredients in a split of seconds.

       Eyeing the designer, who now busying himself with settling everything at one specific place, Changmin blurts out. "Are you okay, Wook?"

       Spin himself around, the petite male searches for any hints in Changmin's eyes, only to find the concerning look glazing all over the orbs. Small smile draws itself on the small face, "Yes, thanks for asking. I'm just a little bit hungry."

       "You didn't - "

       "- Hyung, I want to go back to sleep. Wake me up, once the breakfast is ready. Sorry for all the trouble." The youngest of the three, quickly disappears from the kitchen.

       The stifling air almost smothering the two males, and luckily Sungmin comes in, following by Hankyung. Despite they are still talking about the reception last night, Ryeowook is actually glad that he doesn't have to the only source of attention for Jaejoong, because the designer is sure that another curiosity question from the person he just met would not make his morning any better.


 


       Volunteering his own self to wake all the residents in the house, Ryeowook hastily sneaks out form the kitchen, wanting to free himself form the peculiar look of certain male - it's disturbing, and annoying. Striding along the hall way, the designer meets up with Kibum, who coincidentally shuts the door of his room - it's Heechul's room, actually - the moment he is stopping by.

       "Morning, Kibum. Breakfast is in ten minutes. Can you do me a favor?" The architect raises his eyebrow slightly, wondering on what Ryeowook need him to do.

       "Tell the others on the upstairs that breakfast is going to be served in ten minutes, okay nine minutes. Would you?"

       Nodding in understanding, Kibum walks pass Ryeowook, heading towards the flight of stairs. "Morning to you, too, Ryeowook."

       Smiles at the gesture, the slender male then proceeds to the room across Heechul's which Kibum was coming out from earlier. He just about to knock over Hankyung's room the moment Victoria greets him from afar. She's sporting a denim dress, looking sleekly stylist. What do you expect from the executive of a fashion magazine, anyway?"

       "Hi, Victoria. You look nice."

       "Thanks. You look nice, too." Walking over to the male, she inquires. "What are you doing?'

       "Waking everyone up; breakfast should be ready in any minute, now."

       "I'll help you, then. Oh, by the way, please don't disturb Changmin. I'll wake him up later, when I'm done informing my friends. We're staying in Sungmin's room. Thanks, Wook."

       "Okay," Still smiling, the designer raps on Hankyung's room before opening the door, only to be meeting with the sight of upper body of a male. Junsu, who stares dumbfounded-ly at the intruder, pulls the comforter in attempt to cover his body.

       "...J-Just want to tell that breakfast is in..." Checking the watch in his wrist, Ryeowook continues. "...seven minutes. Sorry for interrupting." Quickly, the designer storms out from the room, his cheeks coloring the faint pink.

       Laughing softly at the blushing Ryeowook, Victoria pats him on the shoulder. "You've done a great job."

       Irritated, the male spit out, unintentionally, or maybe it is. "Don't you have a work to do?"

       "It doesn't take long to wake my friends." Nevertheless, Victoria walks to the stairs, but only standing at the first flight of the stairs.

       "Ryeowook," She interrupts the designer when she sees that his hand is hanging in the air, ready to rap the door with knuckles.

       Shutting his eyes, he lets his hand flailing to his side, bringing his forehead close to the door frame. "What, Vic?" Mumbles lazily, he hopes she can hear that.

       Paused, the silence crawls in. "Are you okay?"

       "Really," facing the exec, the designer stares at he, "What do you want me to say? Right now, I'm not. But overall, I think I'm fine."

       "You think?"

       "What are you trying to insist? Look, I'm really fine. It's not like I'm dying sooner. Why do you guys keep asking the exact same question? Hoping for a no, huh?"

       Ryeowook doesn't really need to know the answer, because he is too riled up to care that he barges into Henry's room. Slamming the door shut behind him, a tad too loud that it shaken people inside the room to the core. "Sorry." Ryeowook doesn't make an eye-contact with whomever in the room, which in return just fixated their eyes on the petite male, as if letting the said male to cool down first from whatever has happened.

       Zhoumi then ignores the current intruder, knowing how Ryeowook doesn't really fancy to be the center of attention. "Could you please pass my towel hyung, the orange one?'

       Baffled, the elder male passes over the absorbent cloth, only belatedly, as he tries to make strings of reasonable probability regarding the informally entrance by the slender male., who looks like he wants to scream at the top of his lings, if not for the fact that this is not his room.

       "Are you okay, kid?" The halfway Zhoumi towards the bathroom couldn't stop the concern coming out from the elder.

       Not again! Groan, the petite male ducks into the covers, hiding his head inside, "I'm not a kid!"

       Chuckling, both males grin amused-ly at the scene. "Yes, you are." The taller designer then disappears into the bathroom, leaving the bashful Ryeowook with the elder male.

       Moving over towards the slumped figure on the bed, the elder lightly brushes his hand on the small side of Ryeowook's back, rubbing in circles.

       "I want Jinki or Ryeohyun, or maybe both." Ryeowook mutters to the pillow.

       "I can't hear you."

       Lifting his face up, Ryeowook attempts again, "Jinki, Ryeohyun, I want to see them."

       "Who's Jinki?"

       Sighing heavily the small male remains still. Just then, Zhoumi steps out from the shower, fully-clothed and Leeteuk almost immediately shoots the question to the taller. "Who's Jinki?"

       Pointing at Ryeowook, Zhoumi says. "He asks for Jinki?"

       Nodding warily, Leeteuk feels that his lung is not getting enough oxygen when the taller male drags him out from the room. "We'll find them." Zhoumi exclaims, closing the bedroom door.