Disclosure

Be Extant, Stay Around

Another noise at the entrance door captivates all the young men's attention. Mrs. Kim comes into the living room, with Mrs. Cho tows behind her closely. Still talking, they seem don't realize that all eyes are on them - both faces are glowing with excitement.

On the other hand, Ryeowook is not quite sure what to do about the situation. He does want to greet his mother, but at the expanse of Mrs. Cho's presence, his legs seem rooted to the dark green couch. Though he is wary, he just hoping whatever scenario he had earlier that day wouldn't happen. Every one of them knows that Mr. Cho and his wife would drop by. Even Ahra is excited when they are all but insisted Yesung to invite her and the family over to the party celebration.

Taemin nudges at his brother's jade-green cardigan that drapes over the small frame, a grey shirt underneath it. While he might know what his brother is thinking right now, Taemin takes time teasing the older. Walking over to his mother and Mrs. Cho, he hugs both of them affectionately. Soon, all the occupants on the couch stand up.

It's not an option now when the only left person is him. Ryeowook knows the inevitable has yet to come, but what could possibly be wrong? Many.

Out of nowhere it seems, when Yesung throws himself to Mrs. Cho's embrace. The designer then thinks this is the perfect chance. Goes straight to his mother, Ryeowook waits patiently at the side before he could properly greet her. And turns out, every each one of them hug Mr. Kim a good five minute though nobody is actually counting that. It seems like they are all pouring their emotion into that genuine embrace - the fact that they do not even uttering any words makes it more heartfelt. Throwing a glance at Mrs. Cho, the petite male sees the same thing.

Everything feels strikingly odd after that when Mrs. Cho encloses her both arms around his. Albeit it is warm yet the silence ensues after that forming a lump on his throat. He isn't sure if she even says anything to him - his mind is blurring. But then he registers his mother's scent perfectly fine, and her voice, soothing as always. Yet his mother doesn't speak anything to him. They still wrapped in each other's arm, all the while the son doesn't realize that he tightens the hug.

Forever is eternity, except nothing is forever.

"I want a hug, too." Jokingly, Mr. Kim humors. And the father doesn't really wait for a response - everyone has scampering to who knows where, only the two are remains - as he strides to the hugging pair.

Perhaps he knows what is playing in both the mother and son's mind - he stands at the entrance for almost ten minutes watching them. He even can bet his forty-five-year life on the line. Always a sloppy gooey mess every time they are together while they have already met a week ago. 

Sighing, Mr. Kim gently detracts his son from his wife as soon as his wife backs away from the embrace before pulling his son, more like dragging - looking for his another son. Once he spotted the younger brother in the dining area, he calls him from afar, all the while keeping a good grip against the struggling Ryeowook at his side.

"Stay still," it isn't that authoritative but it works as the designer reluctantly lets his hand drooping down to his side. Wary written all over his face upon seeing the smirk on Taemin's face, but he feigns ignorance to that. Nothing would really harm him if he's pretending that they are not going to chew anything from him, except his brain isn't cooperating with him.

But then when the trio passes by the living room, heading to the couch in front of the swimming pool, Ryeowook realizes how the smugness smile of the younger brother turns more mischievous. Snapping his head at the humming engine of a silver car, the designer could sense that anxiety is coming down to his throat.

He smiles nevertheless at the sight of Min Gyu when the teen meets his eyes from afar. The said boy is wearing a light yellow shirt, contrasting with the pale skin. Apart from that, he remains frozen as he's watching Jinki and the teen boy heading to his way and greeting his father, Kyuhyun trails behind them once locking the car. Retreating couple steps backwards, the designer tries his best to remain expressionless.

"We meet again." Mr. Kim smiles as he reaches Jinki's hand. In confusion, the photographer flashes a smile, though it looks out of place at one point. Just as fast as he greets Jinki, Mr. Kim releases the hold, and shifts his attention to the boy next to the photographer. "Enjoy the day, boy. Happy birthday," He's patting the boy on the shoulder.

Mr. Kim then moves to Kyuhyun who is currently talking to his youngest son, Taemin. "How's your doing son?"

Taemin pokes the doctor when the moment of sublime sneaks in. And in a split second, the lanky realizes that the man is asking for him. "Ah, I'm fine." He bows slightly, feeling nervous all of the sudden.

Chuckling, the younger brother squeezes the doctor's arm bone in a reassuring manner. Though sometimes he complains that Kyuhyun doesn't act like he is a brother-in-law of him, deep down, he is glad that this awkward doctor is part of his family. "Don't be so tense, hyung."

Mr. Kim just laughs at the expanse. Grabbing the young doctor's hand, he pulls the lanky into the penthouse. Taemin is already on the couch, munching on snacks on the table. As Jinki and Min Gyu are staying with Ryeowook outside, the teen tilts his head towards the photographer. "You've met him before? Who is him though?"

"My father," Ryeowook lazily prompts. "He loves doing that, being all friendly to everyone." Though he is curious just like Min Gyu, Jinki couldn't give them the answer anytime sooner, as Eunhyuk is calling everyone to the living room with Kangin is sweating all over beside him.

"To all ladies and gentlemen, thanks for attending the event on this evening. We really do hope that all of you would enjoy this birthday party celebration." Kangin then continues despite his hand is trembling. "Before that, I'm Kangin and this is Eunhyuk. We're going to bring the biggest surprise to all of you and please sit back and relax."

"As today is 16th November, we are going to play a game. It's called 'Guess Me'. Now, there is a box in front of us and only three lucky persons can get the privilege to play. The only hint we're going to give is that the answers are only limited to the people in here." Eunhyuk says with a sly smile.

"And the first lucky person is....dum, doom, dum, doom.... Sungmin! Please help yourself, and read the note out loud."

Lame. Though the male is annoyed, because he knows his friend Eunhyuk is purposely calling his name - he plays along with it. He can't be a party pooper after all. Waiting for the box to be passes backwards to him, Sungmin tries not to look at Yesung who is chatting with his lanky cousin across from him.


"Oversea

Video games

Innocent"


Just after Sungmin done listing the 'keyword' on the paper Kangin fills in the confusion. Well, sort of. "You are giving some time to think of the answer - no discussing by the way - as we're going to proceed to the next lucky person."

And it turns out to be Zhoumi as Eunhyuk watching the famous designer keeps on crunching snacks, and the taller almost spits them out the moment Eunhyuk calls his name.

"Please, proceed. And Sungmin, keep the paper to yourself." Henry quickly returns back the green square note when the older male is using the strict normal tone on him. The keywords are short and simple, but too vague to guess. It could probably be him all along. The singer then watches Zhoumi unfolds the yellow note before the designer speaks.


"Elite rookie

Photography

Hyper kid"


"That's easy. I'm going to help you, Mi. Don't worry." Heechul grabs on the designer's shoulder.

"Nah-ah, you're not going to help him. Keep that answer to yourself." Eunhyuk quickly encounters without batting an eyelash.

But this is diva Heechul he is talking to, "I can do whatever I want."

"Heechul," and that's all Kangin sings. That's all it needs to stop the fuss. "So for the last lucky person, who wants to be a volunteer?"

Snickering, Leeteuk retorts. "You take it." Does the younger think playing the guessing me game is everyone's favorite?

Nodding in approval, Kangin narrows his eyes. "As much as I want to choose you, I think it would be interesting if I give it to the lucky photographer Jinki." A playful grin adorns the handsome feature.

Laughing dryly, Jinki goes to the box which left stranded on Heechul's side. The photographer slides his hand into the box, and surprises himself with the one and only note left. "This is the last one?" Eyes widen in bewilderment.

Kangin looks back at Jinki, expecting that the younger male does not really utter the obvious question. "That's why we only have three lucky persons." And the photographer only stares at the man like this going to be the biggest joke ever - he's going to laugh, but the utter silence drowns him into the ground.

The younger then feels a tug on his forearm, belatedly realized that Ryeowook is pulling him down. He picks up the words from Kangin just in time. "Jinki, please proceed."


"Engineering degree

Willowdale

Berklee"


Jinki thinks most of people in the room would probably know all the answers to every question. Yet unexpectedly, it is really unnerving when Mr. Kim offers to help him.

"It would take forever for him to make a guess." Ryeowook's father justifies.

"But Mr. Kim," Eunhyuk whines. "This is part of the game. You can't just break the rules."

Before anyone else can respond to that, Ahra comes in with her daughters. "Hi Ahra, welcome to the party." The exec greets her. No one is rushing to her though.

"That's it? I deserve a hug, Hyukjae."

"Stop calling me that." His firm tone rises yet again. Ahra is walking to the new kid she met last time, confound to be in the same circumstances again. But then that kid lives with Kyuhyun now, it shouldn't be that strange, but it did.

Kangin has to make an announcement to the keep the party moving on. His partner is too steamed to act calm. "Alright everyone, let's hear the answer."

Zhoumi answers first, randomly picking out Jinki just because photographer is the latter's profession though the actor told him otherwise. "It's Donghae, Mi." Heechul continues complaining. "Does Jinki seems like a hyper kid to you?"

"Hyung!" The composer is flustered red.

Sungmin however rules out everyone leaving Henry, Zhoumi, and Hankyung as his choices. "Nope, you got the wrong answer."

Albeit Sungmin knows that this party celebration is for Henry and Donghae, he isn't sure why he is not informed that someone else is also going to be celebrated. Or he must have missed out the info somewhere.

"It's me, right?" Min Gyu beat around the bush. "But I didn't tell anyone that I was born overseas though."

"Who do you think it is? Anyway, Jinki what was yours?"

Blinking in hesitation, the photographer looks over at the host before realizing that he needs to give an answer. "Ah... maybe it's Henry?"

"That correct. Wow, congratulation!" Eunhyuk's voice is monotone. "So, can you relate between them three?"

Blinking some more, Jinki questions, "Why me? I don't know." Well, nobody is telling him that someone else is also celebrating the birthday party with Min Gyu. He just knows that the cake is too huge for that skinny boy alone.

Eunhyuk narrows his eyes, "I let you ask Mr. Kim then." The photographer however just tilts his head to his side, before looking back at Eunhyuk. "What? He knows the answer, asks him."

Yet Jinki doesn't inquire anything from the man beside him. "You're wasting a chance, boy." Eunhyuk mumbles. He perfectly knows that Mr. Kim provides the answer for Jinki. There is no way that nerd boy could have gotten it right.


They all help themselves with a huge blue cake after that. Courtesy to Ryeowook who bake the cake and to everyone that helps preparing all the marvelous food on the dining table.

"When is your due, noona?" Kibum asks quietly, trying not to drown himself with the virtual headache he created upon himself. The woman on his right is donning a bay blue dress.

Ahra, who is munching on the sweet the sweet baked food, turns to the younger male. The architect is playing with the food on his plate. "Next month on 15th," The weariness is evident but she pretends that she doesn't see it. 

"Is it going to be a girl again?" Shindong adds in. He's bringing some water for them. Grateful for that, Ahra gets a hold on one of the cup before Kibum's, "No. We decide not to look at the gender. I'd be happy if it is a boy." She smiles as she's watching  his two girls playing with her husband along with Jongwoon from the corner of her eyes.


"Are you saying that you don't know Henry is from Canada?" Heechul widens his eyes only to meet a disappointing gesture. Jinki is digging the pasta that he misses the threatening gaze from the actor. "Did you know who am I?" This is the first time he has to introduce himself. That boy better not humiliate him.

"No, though he speaks like a foreigner. And yes, I know you - Heechul-hyung." That actor is basically everywhere; on the radio every evening, in the television every Thursday night, the elder even has his poster of his new movie on the bus he always travels to the college.

Hankyung pipes in, "Why don't you know Henry then? He is as famous as Heechul-hyung."

Glancing at Henry across from him, Jinki shrugs. "I know he is a singer though. I just don't know that he's from Willowdale." That mochi boy has the same age as him, and yet he is far from achieving his dream, "Plus, I didn't know this will be a joint birthday party."

"It's a short notice actually." Grabbing a fork on Jinki's plate, the chef spins the pasta before bringing it into his mouth. "I just know from Ryeowook early this morning. I bet he didn't have time to tell everyone about it."

The actor just nods, intending to voice another concern of his. "Did you meet Mr. Kim before?"

"Hmm...?" Jinki's face is a void of expression. Though the younger receives an intimidating glare from the actor, he is too confused to do anything, biting his lips out of nervousness. "Ryeowook's father, did you meet him somewhere before?" Hankyung is anticipating at this, it's a rare sight that the diva actor asking the same question twice.

"I'm not sure though." Jinki replies, returning to his pasta once again. Body is loosening up all of the sudden.


Walking to the front nervously, Kyuhyun braces himself anyway. "Ah, hmm...I have some announcement to make." Touching his nape, he lets a small smile. "I have... actually... adopted Min Gyu, and he lives... with me now."

Leeteuk stares at Kyuhyun, it's quite unbelievable to him actually, while somewhere in the room Shindong cheers. "Congratulations boy." The choreographer bumps his elbow with the teen, eyes crinkles in excitement.

Though Taemin is slightly baffled at the sudden news, he isn't going to be such a kid at that. He's just going to ignore Kyuhyun for the time being until he feels the need not to.

"Jongwoon-hyung helps me with all the procedure. And I am very thankful for that." If his family is expecting that he would return back to his seat after that, surely few persons in the room are not in the same wavelength. The lanky doctor is still standing at that one spot, contemplating on who knows what.

"I've thought about it. I've think about what happened. I've... In my earlier years in Ireland, I felt empty to be honest. Though I'm actually pursued what my grandfather told me to, and knew that this job would give me more money in the future, I know this is not it. But I had no other choices."

"There's no one to put the blame on. I had no one to blame on. Not even myself." He chuckles dryly. "Until grandpa died - that must have been the last straw for me, I guess." Breathing a sigh, he casts a faraway look. "Though, I'm grateful to everyone that has helped me throughout that time and till now; I'm very sorry for not contacting my mother. I'm sorry that I never call you dad and I'm sorry that I'd never been there for my sister."