Refinement

Be Extant, Stay Around

"  Don't you see?; I'm not the only one for you

But you're the only one for me  "      

 

       Victoria is dragging the young designer to a cafe lounge in the middle of nowhere after done discussing about the clothes materials of the wedding dresses. Though, there is some adjustment that Ryeowook has to make before the fitting day. Somehow, the successful lady forgets to mention about the grand ballroom event after the wedding ceremony session ends.

       They had to go to Key's bridal store to get the clearer details regarding the gowns - obviously, this Key is a close friend of Zhoumi and since Key doesn't mind inviting the two to his bridal store, Ryeowook never had a choice to say no to both males.

       Really, Ryeowook feels grateful for that. Not that the slender male need to go to such details that Victoria takes time to process what the designer is trying to say. She's being involves right from the first step and her profession surely helps her a lot in understanding what the smaller means, anyway.

       As this is the first time Ryeowook meets Key, of course the one who drives the two of them to the store is Zhoumi.


       "I have some important meeting to attend near the area so, why not I drive you there?" Zhoumi suggested behind the desk in his office.

       Ryeowook who sat next to the Victoria looked over the taller male - collecting the certain files for the meeting. "
It's okay, hyung. If you're in hurry, I can drive Victoria to the store - just type in the location in the GPS will do, right?"

       "No, I think you will get lost." Frowning slightly before resuming searching, the taller male then stood over the cabinet where there are many important documents arranged neatly on top of it. "You can't always trust the technology, Wookie."

       Automatically, Ryeowook stood to his feet and walked to the main desk in the room. He collected some hidden files beneath the piles of papers before handing them over to the dreading male.

       "How would you know that? I have a great sense of direction, alright. My life in Paris has taught me that."

       Relief washed over the handsome features, Zhoumi then smiled the sweet smile of his, "You know what, I don't want to argue with you." Facing Ryeowook; the taller steered the smaller out from the office, "So, you're just going to listen to me no matter what you say, full stop."

       "But hyung - "

       "The meeting might end late so asks someone else to pick you up, okay?" Zhoumi cut the smaller quickly yet at the same time he the younger forward, not enough that it would knock the petite over - just lightly on the shoulder.

       Amused Victoria trailed behind the bickering friends before she strode next to the taller male, "I guess, I can call Changmin to meet us up and he can drive you back here? Besides, Changmin and I have things to discuss, since we rarely had a free time lately."



       They choose a seat next to the huge looking-through window glasses, so that Changmin will recognize them or Victoria specifically in an instant as if the seat is easily spotted. But the most intriguing part is that, the spot is somehow shadowing the people occupied the seat.

       Finishing the short conversation on the phone, Victoria takes a seat in front of Ryeowook - the one of the two separate comfortable seats across the maroon sofas which has space for two people with an oval table in between.

       A waiter then comes to their table and takes the order in by writing them down on the pad before leaving them politely.

       "So, how the progress so far?"

       "So far so good?" Chuckling lightly Victoria continue, "After knowing what color my dress is going to be, I supposed, I need to shop for a shoes."

       Although the slender male never experience in handling his own wedding before, but he at least knows that a lot of preparation has to be done, if you're planning to make the most remarkable day to be one of your special memories in years to come.

       "That's it?" Slightly confused, Ryeowook eyes Victoria suspiciously.

       Smiling in return, Victoria nods in approval. "Other things are involving Changmin, like the tickets for the honeymoon, the suits, the invitation cards. We agree to make the cards with our own creativity, though."

       "Do both of you have time for all of that?"

       "Well, we have to make time for our wedding, don't you think so? And I've been thinking that I want to use some talents from people around me."

       The waiter comes bring in the cold drinks to them, interrupting Ryeowook who doesn't apprehend what she is trying to say. Despite the blurry mess, he doesn't forget to thank the waiter with his unspoken words.

       Sipping the iced peach tea slowly, the young man tentatively questions, "Talents? What talent? People around you...in what aspect?"

       "People like you." Confused Ryeowook begins to frown, not understanding a word.

       Victoria explains when she sees the surprised designer form a crinkle around the corner of his eyes, "You are a designer and you're in charge in designing my gowns. It's not all about talents, though. It's just, I want to make everyone around me involves in my wedding, as many as possible."

       Stirring the iced coffee mildly Victoria continues, "You and your friends provide place for my reception. I think Changmin has someone in his mind for the best man, hosts and singers. And I believe those are the one that he closes to."

       Getting to the point now; Ryeowook continues asking, out of curiosity, "How about the engagement ring?"

       "Changmin wants to surprise me. I just hope he doesn't pick the wrong one." Victoria then gasps in surprised, "Ah, there is this one problem. I can't find a florist yet. Do you have any friends that own a floral shop?"

       A certain person comes to Ryeowook's mind but before he blurts out the answer, he looks over Victoria. Seeing the anticipation glows across her face; he then slowly speaks, "I might know one."

       "Really?" She immediately launches herself forward to the petite male, hugging the male lightly, leaving Ryeowook too stunned to move. Quickly registers that, he backs away gently and then turns slightly to his side, facing the glass window, hiding the blush that heating up his face.

       Victoria realizes this, she slowly retreats and composed herself. Then, she catches the sight of her fiancee'. Waving the hands in the air, she sends the signal to his direction. Smile adorns the handsome features, Changmin strides to the seat. Sporting a casual look, people around the cafe don't seem to realize he is a top singer in the entertainment scene.

       She begins introducing both males to each other before Victoria discussing further about the wedding progression with her fiancee'. She lets Ryeowook in into their discussion, asking for the designer's opinion.

       Deciding to design both cards for wedding and reception, Changmin want to be in charge in designing the wedding cards while leaving the reception invitation cards to Victoria. By the end of 4 in the evening, both sketches have roughly done. So, right now, they have to find the right person to publish it for them.

       Relaxing a bit, Changmin who sits on another seat next to Victoria takes a hold of his wife-to-be's hand. Caressing it lightly, he smiles to Ryeowook across from him, "Thank you, Ryeowook for spending your time with us, with all of this. You've been a great help to us even though this is your first time. I've no words to thank you enough for all your contribution."

       Not in the slightest, the designer expects to hear from the people he called friends. Victoria and Changmin are both his new friends although the first acquaintance with the chief executive is slightly awkward. But that doesn't change the fact that he also wants to befriend with the bright Victoria. The moment he wants to help the latter because she is his friend, he's already considered that Changmin also his friend, although they never met before.

       Ryeowook experiences many 'first time' after returning to South Korea. After sometimes, he adjusts himself to those 'first time' so; he doesn't have to be too scared about the consequences. And somehow, he feels a bit touched, hearing the words coming from the male. There are tears glisten in his eyes - luckily enough, he succeeds in holding them in. Due to the stirred emotion within him, Ryeowook chooses his small smile to speak on his behalf.

       He averts his eyes quickly on his drink, afraid the other two sense something off about him. Drowning in his world, he misses the detail or rather someone, Changmin speaks about.

       "I invite my friend aka my best man here. You don't mind, do you?"

       "That's great! I've been dying to know who is this your friend because I get a feeling that your best man is not someone that I know." She places her hand on top of his.

       Nodding, Changmin shrugs. "I don't know why I choose him though, to be honest. I guess I want someone who doesn't judge me because the way I am now."

       "He doesn't know you are a celebrity? How...?" Ryeowook startles at the slight rise in Victoria's tone, breaking the incessant chain of thoughts out of him completely.

       "Not until few weeks ago. He demands an explanation and we argue a bit." Changmin chuckles lightly, "It's amazing how you've become attached to someone who you never see in real life before. I met him virtually few years ago when I'm playing the StarCraft game."

       "Then, what makes you attached to him?" Ryeowook suddenly asks.

       Surprised, Victoria turns to Ryeowook then, she realizes that the young designer is there with them all the time. She's too engrossed with the story-telling by her fiancee' to notice the other presence. She feels bad for that but her trains of thought is interrupting by the singer's next words.

       "He...he stop played the game 3 years ago after...his grandfather died." Smiling wryly, Changmin gently slips his hand out from Victoria's, and returns it to his side.

       "At first, I didn't know about it. You know, we never had a proper chatting. I mean, how, we, the players should had a proper chatting anyway? It's just a game. The skillful one wins while the others will lose. But after a year absence, I finally realized that he's gone from the virtual game. I don't have a reason why I spent all my free time, looking for him which I had no idea where to start with. He might be anywhere, he might be everywhere for all I know. It's bothersome, annoying the hell out of me! I send many messages to him in the virtual games, that I lost count. Finally after three months, I got a reply and an e-mail address. I realized at that time, it wasn't from him but someone else who closes to him."

       "I get this feeling, like...I need to be by his side no matter what. I don't know why I had it in the first place. It doesn't make sense, right? You remember the night when I cried in your arms for no apparent reasons?"

       Nodding in confusion, Victoria lets her fiancee' continues, "It's the day when he told me everything. It pained me in a way that I'd never imagined I could ever feel." Victoria lightly touches her fiancee's hand when she sees the slight tremble, "He lost his grandfather when he wasn't there for him, he lost every hoped he had when his grandfather died. He couldn't even accept the fact that his beloved grandfather has died to this very day. And it still pains me when he acts tough about it."




       Ending his shift nicely, Kyuhyun leaves his office and the colleagues with a hauntingly beautiful smile of his. Even his friend, Lee Jonghyun bewildered with the gesture. This is the first genuine smile from the said doctor, since the day he transferred to the hospital.

       Driving to meet Changmin the singer, Kyuhyun hums softly to himself. He is in a good mood today and he doesn't exactly sure what make him excited for nothing today. And he will enjoy this while it lasts.

       But the lanky male learns something today - while it is great basking in with the good feeling, he seemingly fails to prepares for the worst. The moment he spots his ex-fellow gamer, he notices the smaller male too.

       Tensed, the young doctor freezes up, staring at the trio while all along, listening to the slender male's clear voice - laughing lightly on the joke that he assumed as the bride-to-be, has made, based on the calmest reaction she had compared to the other two.

       And certainly he can't escape when Changmin waves his hand, her fiancee' also turns her direction towards him. Luckily for him that the other male is too busy composing himself, to notice his presence. As soon as Kyuhyun breaks his trance, he slowly paces towards the seat. He sees Changmin's fiancee' stands up and plops down on the sofa across her, next to the designer.

       Still trying to cool himself down, Ryeowook surprised when he aware that Victoria takes a seat beside him. He then faces her, intending to ask what is happening, only to take in the delight expression on the latter face.

       The minute he turns his head in front of him, the same direction Victoria is looking over; he attempts, "What..." His sentence dies down in his throat.

       Catching the sight of the lanky male standing at their table, Ryeowook takes a quick glimpse before dropping his nervous gaze on his drink, again.

       "Victoria, Ryeowook, this is Kyuhyun." Standing next to Changmin, Kyuhyun lets the singer introduces him to the other two, not that the smaller male doesn't know him, though. "Kyuhyun, this is my fiancee', Victoria Song. And this is our wedding designer, Ryeowook."

       Hearing his name on the second time, Ryeowook raises his head briefly, wanting to avoid meeting the newcomer's eyes at all cost. He doesn't know what he should feel right now.

       Ryeowook feels that his energy is totally drained out, all of sudden, resulting him in giving the cold shoulder treatment. And it applies to the certain male as he only responds to Victoria and her fiancee', throughout the conversation.

       Not bothering with the act, Kyuhyun casually converses like there is no Ryeowook at that moment although from time to time, he sends ambiguous replies - he intends it for the smaller male - but the other two simply acknowledge it without putting too much thought into it.

       "I'm sorry Kyuhyun-shi, for all the trouble Changmin gives to you."

       "Don't be so formal. I guess, you are my friend now, since I befriend with your fiancee' and its okay. I give him more trouble back then." Kyuhyun shrugs before facing Changmin besides him.

       "So, you just came from the hospital?"

       Nodding lightly, Kyuhyun relaxes his long limb comfortably. "I just ended my shift for the day. By the way, Min, I thought we are going to take a look on the suits?"

       Stirring the straw in the tall glass, the singer observes the designer in front of him. "We will, after we drop Ryeowook back at his office building."

       Facing Changmin, the designer then speaks, "It's okay. My friend will pick me up here. I don't want to be a burden to you."

       Victoria looks over the male beside her, "You're not a burden. Fine, we'll wait for your friend before we leave here, okay? And who's going to come? Heechul? Eunhyuk?"

       Chuckling lightly, Ryeowook softly replies, "I don't know yet. I've text in our group conversation and I just have to wait to see who is free." Small smile frames his features, "And I doubt Heechul or Eunhyuk is going to fetch me up. They are all busy with their schedule."

       "Wow Ryeowook! You have many famous friends!"

       Ryeowook grins widely, "I've heard that every time. Guess, I'm fortunate, huh?"

       Understanding her fiancee's feeling perfectly, she then remembers the conversation earlier, "You said you might know one florist. Who is it?"

       Giving a side-glance to Kyuhyun, Ryeowook softly speaks, "Ah, I realized that I'm not very sure if she still runs the shop."

       The whole subtle gestures don't escape Changmin's sharp eyes. He eyes his once online buddy with full of doubts. Kyuhyun, who catches the small sign, remains stoic the whole time, doesn't give any rooms for misunderstanding for his smart friend to speculate about later.

       He then proposes his sister's name to her, "My sister owns a floral shop. I can recommend you to her, if you want."
 
       "Wow, this is great. Thanks, Kyuhyun." Smiling in return, the doctor can see the slight reassurance on the smaller male's face albeit he's done a good job in masking it.

       A waiter comes in, setting the lemon-lime seltzer on the table before quickly dismissing herself upon receiving silent gratitude from Kyuhyun.

       Kyuhyun raises his left hand to hold the cold beverage, as in to check how cold the drink is going to be. Victoria then glances at Kyuhyun and surprised to see the silver band on the latter finger. It looks familiar to her, though.

       "You have a nice ring, Kyuhyun."

       Perplexed, Kyuhyun looks over her before casting his eyes down on the ring. He knows the smaller male possesses it, too and he tries to act nonchalant about it though he is quite nervous to hide it.

       Changmin then grabs Kyuhyun's left hand, observing the band closely only to blurt out, "It has the same refinement."

       "What's the same?"

       "The ring has the same refinement with Ryeowook's."

       "I thought so, too." Expecting the answer from her fiancee', she immediately takes a hold of Ryeowook's hand, raising it in front of her, high enough that Changmin clearly can see the metallic silver shines.

       Paled, the designer doesn't have any options left than to let the soon-husband-and-wife take a look at the ring. While the designer drops his gaze on the drink, he can feel that Victoria is watching him intently before diverting her gaze to Kyuhyun.

       Changmin casts the same look, with many thoughts whirl around his head - trying to form any possibilities. The odd behaviors that the both males exude as soon they met each other earlier, certainly add up. Granting that he knows the doctor has married before, he doesn't have any idea who is Kyuhyun's partner - not, when the doctor always avoiding the marriage topic. He respects the other male's privacy so, he never question him about it, although at times, he is dying to know.

       Now, that his puzzle finally completed he feels like it is rather useless. He wants to throw it far away from him, but he knows that the truth will always remain, whether he likes it or not. He has to admit it sooner or later. Not that it is really concerning him or Victoria but the fact that both males are now his friends, sets him unsettled. He did wish that he never had such high curiosity in the first place.

       Deafening silence befall on them. Victoria gently release the grip on the designer's left hand before contemplating to say something, except no words coming from her.

       Wanting the world to crumble upon him, Ryeowook unconsciously meets Kyuhyun's uncertainty gaze and they stay like that for the longest time, only to be broken with a rather statement from the singer.

       Dropping his head down, he grips the tall glass tightly with his closed eyes. Changmin struggles to speak and he ends up with a whisper, "You guys are...you guys...Ryeowook is your husband, isn't it?"



       Siwon spends his entire evening with Donghae at the latter's apartment. After having a lunch at Hankyung's restaurant, they head straight to the apartment.

       Put an end to all his appointments for the day, the tall lawyer relaxes his limb on the couch in Donghae's composing room. Currently, watching the composer works on his keyboard; he asks, "You had a dinner at Ryeowook's last night?"

       Not expecting any answer sooner, the taller male fixes his eyes on the file he brings, in case Donghae is too busy to keep him company. It does help though, every time it happens. He won't be the one who is complaining as he knows both of them are extremely busy with their own profession.

       Revising the music sheet all over again, the composer answers back only when he satisfies with the overall music sheet, "Hmm, we bought a dinner for them because Ryeowook is too tired to cook."

       "We?"

       Placing the pen down on the keyboard, Donghae turns to face the taller male, who is bracing his own weight with a hand supporting the head, his long legs entangled with each other, while his fingers of the other hand tapping lightly on the couch.

       "Eunhyuk and I." Continue to stare at the lawyer; Donghae then explains, "I came to his apartment to finalize our latest single before Ryeohyun called me, asking me to buy food for her and Ryeowook."

       Nodding lightly, Siwon reads the entire page carefully, without missing any information. He, however stops when he realizes the other male is staring at him intently. Lifting his head up slightly, he meets the stare before he sits properly on the couch, "What?"

       "You're bored."

       "I'm not."

       "Yes, you are. Look, I have another sheet to revise and I'm sorry, I can't entertain you."

       Sitting more comfortably, Siwon grabs the case file beside him. "No, I'm not bored. It's okay. I don't really want you to entertain me, anyway." He begins to read the same paragraph all over again, "You can continue doing your work and I continue doing my work."

       Sighing under his breath, Donghae eyes the taller male. "But you're going to distract me. Fine, you're not bored but you look like you going to die anytime soon when I don't entertain you."

       Siwon knows he is not going to win this argument, so he opts to stay silence. He keeps on reading whatever on the file and instantly, he becomes lost around the black ink letters.

       "How about this, I spend an hour on this music sheet then after that I accompany you. So, for now, you can take a nap on my bed?"

       Exhaling a groan, the lawyer put down the document down. "Fine." Pulling himself to his feet, he steps out from the room. "Wake me up when you're done, okay?"

       "I will."

       Finally, after an hour and half revising, Donghae mails the whole music score to Eunhyuk before he go to the kitchen, filling his cup of coffee and makes a hot chocolate for the taller male.

       Shaking the younger male slowly, Donghae waits for the male to wake himself up. Giving the latter some spaces for himself, the composer walks to living room and waits for the taller on the couch.

       Washing his face in the bathroom, Siwon dries his face with the dry towel that hanging on the wall and designated only for him to use. Grabbing his phone on the nightstand, he frowns at Ryeowook's messages - it's been 15 minutes ago and no one has replied yet.

         Siwon C. - "I'll come fetch you up. Type me the exact location."

       He types in while walking to the living room and shows the messages to Donghae. He takes the mug from the composer and sips it slowly.

       "Okay, I didn't realize this."

       "No one expect you to. You do not pay attention to anything when you're working on the music score, even me."

       Ignoring the sarcastic remarks; he claim, "But what if everyone else is like me, then Ryeowook will stuck at the cafe forever."

       "No, I don't think so. I'm sure he just being polite. If situation get worst, he just hails a cab."

       True, Ryeowook like being polite and he don't like to make it hard for everyone else even with his close friends. But, of course all his friends are smart enough to know that the designer hates to be a burden to someone who is new to him.

       "But he hates cab."

       "I know."

       "Let's fetch him now." Agitated for nothing, Donghae stands up, running to his bedroom, and quickly seizes his jacket somewhere at his bedroom post.

       "What? Can you give me some time for me to dress up nicely?" Siwon yells out so the elder hears it.

       Walking out from the bedroom, Donghae hands the black blazer to the lawyer, "You are well-dressed already. Besides, no one is going to ogle you out. You're not that handsome."

       "But my clients say otherwise." Siwon retorts as he snatches his car key and wallet on the glass coffee table.

       "Whatever."

       "You're jealous, aren't you?"

       "Perhaps, I am." Stepping out from the apartment, he walks ahead from the taller, leaving the other male behind so the lawyer has to lock the front door.



       Parking his car safely on the side of the road, Siwon and Donghae step out from the ice silver Audi. The composer runs to Ryeowook who is happily chatting with the others but he fails to notice the building tension between the four.

       Smiling sweetly to the elder, Ryeowook hugs Donghae briefly, secretly relief the composer and Siwon comes to rescue him from the extremely awkward situation. Victoria suggested earlier that they should wait for Donghae and Siwon outside the cafe. Sitting on the outdoor bench, Ryeowook sits next to her, which is far enough from Kyuhyun, and he patiently hopes that his hyungs will come anytime sooner.

       Releasing himself from the smaller, Donghae notices Changmin, who stares at him. The composer then stares back like a hawk before they start screaming each other name. Fortunately, there are not so many passers-by and the one or two who happen to pass by are glaring annoyingly towards them.

       Shaking his head side by side, Siwon walks over to Victoria who happens to stand in front of Kyuhyun. Confusedly, the lawyer blinks at the sight of the lanky male and points his finger back and forth between Victoria and Kyuhyun. "What are you doing here, Kyuhyun? You guys know each other?"

       "I just met him today. He is Changmin's friend and the soon-to-be his best man."

       Smiles wryly to Victoria, he turns to Ryeowook, who has a small, nervous smile across the handsome features. Life sure couldn't get any better.

       Donghae who busily chats with his new 'friend', finally notices the doctor at the far end, with Siwon - who is having a small talk with the lanky male and Victoria. Glancing back to Ryeowook who remains seated beside him, he touches the smaller male's hand before excusing himself from Changmin. He drags the smaller male to Siwon but leaves him few meters from the trio. Advancing his step, Donghae stands beside the lawyer.

       "I guess we have to go, right Changmin?" Afraid that the situation might go worst, Victoria quickly says, turning sideway to her fiancee'.

       Walking towards them, he touches her shoulder. "Yeah! So, see you guys later."

       Kyuhyun casts a look on Ryeowook before moving to his own car. This is useless! - Kyuhyun screams in his head. He wants so badly makes the things better between him and Ryeowook, and this best man thing is ruining him, or maybe not - he doesn't really sure. What should he do now? Seriously, this is harder than he thought.



       Turning himself around to walk over to Siwon's car, he stands with a blank expression, beside the back door car before slipping his slim body in - after hearing the beeping sound unlock the ice silver car.

       Closing his eyes tiredly, Ryeowook rests his head at the back of the seat while leaning closer to the window and murmurs, "I hope what you see today is safe with you guys, at least, until the wedding."

       Both the composer and the lawyer glance at each other. Donghae then turns his head to see the smaller male is sleeping soundly albeit the rough day he experienced. Turning down the volume on the radio, Donghae breathes out a sigh. Somehow, he gets the feeling that things going to get so much worst than ever, anytime soon.

       And he is willing to stay by both side - Kyuhyun and Ryeowook's side. It doesn't matter for how long, he's going to stay and help them, no matter what odds are against him and them.