Birthday Bash

Be Extant, Stay Around

"  For my heart still beats for you

Don't feel sorry me  "

 

Why people do not consider that he should be the one to be blamed on? Just like what Kyuhyun's uncle has said last time - he was the first one that walked away from his marriage, why most people stay by his side then? Shouldn't they walk away by now?

Till this very day, he still couldn't fathom the reason behind this issue. All his friends, especially Kyuhyun's best buddies keep looking over for him, taking care of Ryeohyun like she is he precious daughter they have, when they all knew he is the one at fault. Didn't they realize that they have been sided with the wrong side all this while? Couldn't they see that he has been the ungrateful son - coming down to Seoul only after eight years he has been resided in Paris?

For almost a year now, he and his daughter try to bond with the rest of Ryeowook's family, and he is glad; in honesty, that they treat Ryeohyun with so much care. Like a precious gem, they always making sure that Ryeohyun get to bask in warmth of their love and be comfortable enough in their wonderful sanctuary. Ryeowook supposed that what a family is all about - they shouldn't and couldn't resent you that much when they understand what makes you the way you are now. They have no one to blame on, after all.

The irony is despite how dynamics the friendship he had with his friends, why couldn't they stop siding with him? They hold nothing blood-related with him; there is no way they have so much big heart to forgive him when he left those eight years ago. Even his mother would actually cry when she thought no one knows, but Ryeowook is not just a no one.

All they have to do is cast him away from their life, they are not his family. They do not bind to be attached like that to him. Friends come, and they would go - not every single soul would reprimand them for that. They are human, they all have heart. They do get hurt.

As much as he always swimming in the same question, he would never voice out that thoughts. Because, he knows he would never be able to remain unscathed if that really happen. Though, he has experienced once, there is no guarantee he would be alive when the same thing happen again.


"Can someone help me with these utensils?" Zhoumi in a hurry, request. He gets a handful of fruits in his both hands, ready to place them onto the table but couldn't when there is so little space for it. Almost instantaneously, Taemin reaches for the utensils and puts them aside. Zhoumi grins in gratitude, showing the set of white teeth. In return, the younger also beams before dragging the elder male to the backyard.


Looking around all the commotion in the penthouse, Ryeowook concludes that if all his friends are happy right now, he wouldn't wish for anything else. They deserve to be happy.

Heading to the kitchen, he stops short beside Hankyung. Watching intently at the simmering barbecue sauce, he remains quiet as the sauce starting to become thicker. Continue watching in silence, the petite designer unconsciously leans his frame closer to the taller chef.

If Hankyung feel disturbed by the sudden movement, he will probably stop what he is doing right now - looking over Ryeowook and asks what is wrong with him; instead he just stays with his spatula, keep stirring the sauce. One might have been mistaken him that he is too focus with the task at hand that he ignores the weight burden on his right side, until something or someone has proved it otherwise.

"Can I have a towel?"

Hankyung cranes his neck towards the voice, "It should be on the kitchen counter top. Or maybe --"

"What has happened to you? Did you go bath yourself in the seasoned sauce?" Leeteuk amusedly grin.

"Shut up. Just give me something to wipe these stains."

Apparently, the paper towel are nowhere in sight. Hankyung then nudges the male beside him, "We need towels Wook."

Lazily, and reluctantly, the petite moves away from the comfortable warmth. If only he knows that he is being watched, he surely wouldn't do such thing - whining cutely using his soft voice, but loud enough to be heard.

"Why me? Go get them in the --"

Ryeowook remains stunned as he stares at the lanky male leaning against the kitchen doorstep. All words are flying out of the window; it takes a while for Hankyung to wake him up from reverie.

In a brief moment when Kyuhyun meets Ryeowook's brown eyes, the designer quickly moves himself around, in effort to retrieving the towel, except it is not in the kitchen. And he belatedly realizes that he needs to get pass through the lanky in order to pick the towel somewhere in the penthouse - he doesn't even have any idea where the absorbent cloth is located.

So he stops what he is doing. Turning his body painstakingly slow towards Kyuhyun, his face immediately glowed with relief as the lanky doctor is nowhere in the kitchen. Storming out from the kitchen area, he climbs the stairs, heading to his bedroom - his wardrobe to be more specific.

Once he has what needed, he hastily descends the stairs. Again, he is too caught up with things that he seems to forget that Kyuhyun is just as the dining table, sitting comfortably while playing with his phone. Instead, he heads back to the kitchen only to notice that there is no one in that area. No Hankyung, no Leeteuk, no one - except him.

As he walks out from the kitchen, he feels like his heart will jump out of his chest for the second time. Why would he reacts that way when he realized that he is in the same room with him each?

Focusing on his breathing, Ryeowook puts the towel on the back of the chair. Just as fast as he's thinking that he can get away from the lanky doctor, he couldn't when Kyuhyun stands up before the slender male can actually pacing himself away from the doctor.

"Thanks, Ryeowook."

That's when the designer actually see why they - no, Kyuhyun needs the towel for. Just like how the key to a certain secret box clicks, he can hear the brain doing all the works. Wearing an orange dress shirt, the doctor had the sleeves up to his elbow. His front shirt is all covered with brown greasy stain that would make a perfect abstract painting, except it wouldn't.

"Do you have any spared clothes?"

"It's in the car. This is too formal for a party, don't you think? Anyway, I'd better get going."

Debating whether to walk away, Ryeowook's nerves tell him to do otherwise. "Did you come here alone?" As far as he knows, he doesn't get to see the doctor comes into the house earlier. Or maybe, he is too busy cleaning the penthouse.

Surprised by the sudden question, from Ryeowook even; the lanky doctor grins. "Well, Jinki asks me to come so that later we could pick the birthday boy. You'd be okay with it, right?"

Blinking in confusion, he nods dumbly. "Where's Jinki though?"

"He's in the backyard."




It's six-thirty in the evening. Only thirty minutes to go before the actual event start. And yet, the guest are still not arrived.

"Is there going to be any MC that will host the party?" Eunhyuk coming down from stairs inquires.

"Should we?" Leeteuk turns at the exec, having the same thoughts in mind.

"For the sake of entertainment, not really, it's more on making the party more organized." Deliberately, Kangin says.

"That means we should," Heechul agrees at that expanse. "So, can you?"

Bewildered, Kangin stares at Heechul the popular actor. Laughing wryly, he opens his mouth only to close it the next second.

"Don't look too surprised. You can do better than me anyways."

Still in a languid state, the health psychologist went speechless. And he couldn't really make the proper response when his peripheral vision captures the petite frame coming closer to them - Eunhyuk beats him.

"Hey Ryeowook, he's going to be the MC. You approve with it right?"

A glint of amusement dances in those brown eyes. "Do I get to do the final say?" He isn't the one who suggested that they need a party. "Just be prepared I guess, if they want an MC." The designer then takes a seat beside Siwon.

Sweating all over, Kangin stands up almost abruptly, trying to get a fresh air. The last time he is appointed to be the master of ceremony is when he is still in Ireland - a ball dance function. And it is the weirdest experience he ever had yet. Why would you think he wants to provoke his dreadful nightmare?

"I heard that you guys are going to record new music video somewhere in November?"

That's right. Eunhyuk and Donghae occasionally will release a new single for their fans. Who would have thought the duo even have fans? They have involved in the entertainment business for seven years and after started from scratch they managed to build the ISE.

"We just came back from London yesterday as the matter of fact." Donghae looks tired, but he manages a small smile of his own. "I'm still bloody tired, but I can't miss this party. They're going to celebrate mine."

Snickering, Eunhyuk points out. "Yours are a month late. It should be invalid."

Being a five-year old like he is, Donghae argues. "Ryeowook says there will be a huge cake for me and Henry."

"It's not for you. Min Gyu deserves all the cake to himself alone."

"That kid wouldn't be able to eat those sugary confections. I'm just doing him a favor."

If not for that wise-person Siwon, the two best friends would have probably arguing all night. If it isn't for the fluttering touch on the composer's shoulder, Donghae would likely keep on going like that with his friend.

"We shouldn't forget that Kangta-hyung is one of the birthday boys, guys."

Just then, Henry comes to the living room, followed closely behind him is Taemin. Both are looking fresh after having the much needed shower. Everyone is taking turns to take a good, warm bath - all of them are sweating all over in preparing for this party. Waving slightly at the younger brother of Ryeowook, Eunhyuk states, "And it's fortunate that he couldn't come to the party. This is the first big party we have ever had. Where's he going to anyway?"

:Not sure. Perhaps Kyuhyun knows." Heechul absentmindedly says. Then, he comments again after realizing something. "No, this is not the first big party we have ever had. We always have a party every once in a while, in case you are forgotten."

Sungmin who just comes in a tad late shoots a glance at the actor, "Why would he know?" He isn't sure what makes him overreacts like that.

Eyebrow rises slightly in confusion, Heechul encounters, "I'm just saying." Should he feel guilty for saying that name?