Accomplishment

Be Extant, Stay Around
       
       News regarding Ahra's in labor room breaks later than night, around eleven. It spread like a wild fire that almost everyone comes to the hospital as soon as the news arrived. And Donghae isn't sure why Kyuhyun doesn't come yet while Ahra's in-laws are with them along with Kyuhyun's parents.

       Thinking twice, he also doesn't see Ryeowook and the little girl though Ryeowook's parents aren't here, too. He supposes it might be better for them not coming, but somehow it feels out of place. The family were once best friend...actually, screw that, they are still best friend, and looking back, they are always going to be a supporter to each other. Though it's not his business, he crosses his finger that Ryeowook and his parents come, acting like a supporter should, if not more.

       Scanning the whole corridor in front of the labor room, he can make out that everyone is nervous though this is the third time for the elder woman. Despite the calm demeanor on Seung Jae's face, the composer knows the anesthesiologist feels a bit more composed with Yesung's presence at his right side. Two hands are tightly clasped betraying the husband's facade.

       The two daughters though know that they're going to have baby as their sibling, they're just happy because it's a celebratory. How innocent these children are as Donghae's watching the elder daughter comes straight to him.

       "Mommy is going to be fine, right?"

       Though he is surprised, the composer smiles. Maybe not every child is too innocent. "Of course she is. Is you uncle Kyu coming?"

       Shrugging cutely, the twelve years-old girl looks at him. And right at that moment, Donghae knows the child is afraid, her hazelnut orbs glistening with tears yet he can see the girl is holding them as long as she can.

       "Do you want a drink? Let's buy a drink for your daddy, too." Taking the girl's hand, the composer drags himself out from the seat, leaving Siwon with the others. Albeit from the corners of his eyes, the girl's father is looking at him. With his other free hand, he sneaks his phone out from the black trousers' pocket, typing out 'Ahra's in the hospital. Aren't you coming?'

       Soon when they reach the vendor machine, he somehow encounters with Kyuhyun, Min Gyu and Ryeohyun. He is surprised for the second time that night as questions are swirling everywhere in his orbs, but the lanky doctor doesn't offer any explanation to him. Where's Ryeowook though?

       The composer can't seem to say nor ask anything as the jumbled thoughts numb his senses. With small greetings, Kyuhyun and Min Gyu then walks towards the waiting area where everyone is waiting, taking along both girls each. While the composer feels odd at the unexpected counter, he can't refuse the uncanny feelings he has.

       Just then, his eyes meet the sight of Mrs. Kim ruffles the elder's son hair as Mr. Kim smiles affectionately at the account. They are too caught up with each other that they pass him like he is invisible. Blinking, the composer thinks he must be dreaming. For almost eight years now, he never imagines he can get to see the endearing sight of Ryeowook with his parents. At one point, he has actually gives up himself on that idea.

       If he can count through sixteen years he had with Ryeowook, there is nothing that can compare how absolutely beautiful the younger designer is right now. It isn't to say that the journey the designer has been through is quite tough, it's just now the composer can actually realize that Ryeowook's smile is always blindingly beautiful. Perhaps, what he conjures all this time doesn't befitting the young designer at all.

       On the outer appearance, the young designer is seemed fragile-looking that the first time he met the younger in 7th grade, the first thought that run in his mind is how the harsh world will not going to be suitable for him. And that thought alone somewhat makes him promise to himself that he's going to protect the younger, keeping him safe from the inclemency of the world.

       Because then, he learns that the younger's only close friend Sungmin leaves Seoul to study abroad in New Zealand. The composer has actually thinks that Ryeowook can't live without Sungmin and that he's going to be the one that heals Ryeowook's heart. And so throughout the high school, Donghae makes sure Ryeowook will always be happy and innocent like he used to be.

       But what he fails to see is no matter how hard he tries to prevent Ryeowook from the free-falling, he doesn't have the chance to say 'no' when Ryeowook chooses to say 'yes' in everything. Though sometimes, he always pissed off at Ryeowook because the younger is so stubborn to listen to him, Ryeowook only smiles. The composer is hoping that the world won't consume the younger with its cruelty and yet he actually forgets that the younger can always fight without him by his side.

       He forgets how the severity of the eight years in a foreign country, does make Ryeowook a whole new better person. He forgets that Ryeowook is a fighter since the beginning. He forgets what Ryeowook's going through is merely a spice of life. He forgets that he should believe in Ryeowook's no matter what happen. He forgets to always trust Ryeowook even when the younger is at lost. He forgets how to be a best friend Ryeowook needs the most.

       That is why when Ryeowook told him about the contract marriage between him and Kyuhyun, he furiously rages on Kyuhyun's every time he meets the lanky. He dares on the lanky to hurt Ryeowook, because who knows what the lanky male would turn into. The six months into the marriage makes Donghae feels angrier as he loses Ryeowook and Kyuhyun isn't in Seoul for the composer to beat him up.

       Maybe that is why he always takes care of Ryeowook more and ignores the other. He finally has the answer. Maybe he is too blinded that he has actually loses Ryeowook somewhere along the line. It isn't how unfortunate for Ryeowook to lose him, instead it is him, who is at the great lost for losing the precious friend. He is the one that lost.

       Walking behind Ryeowook and his parents, Donghae watches young designer's lingering touch around Mrs. Kim's waist. How Ryeowook's hand rests that way till they come across with the Chos. Albeit the young designer seems reluctant to detract his hand, he can't do anything when Mrs. Cho hugs his mother.

       And time is frozen as soon when a loud cry erupting inside the labor room; as the husband immediately runs towards his wife. That moment is so beautiful, magical, though this isn't the first he'd been seeing this. Only the last time he and the other friends witness something similar to this, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook aren't in the same area of space.

       Albeit this is also isn't the first time they witness Ryeohyun clinging on Kyuhyun as in the last time at summer house they both glue to each other but tonight, things are different - Ryeowook is present. According to Donghae's observation, that little girl will always choose Ryeowook over everyone else and he's failing miserably; because he doesn't include the lanky doctor into the equation.

       If the composer thinks that the designer is jealous, none of the younger's action indicates that. Ryeowook is calm - and always smiling - whenever his eyes meet someone's. Chatting with Eunhyuk on the other side of the room with Shindong and Sungmin, Ryeowook listens to them attentively, retrieving the missing pieces. Then, the daughter of his comes, touching lightly on Ryeowook's hem.

       "Daddy, can we see the baby now?"

       Taking a glance at the labor room, Ryeowook lowers himself, meeting her eye-level. "We can see the baby, but not now. Later, after the baby is done bathing, we see him, okay." Caressing the girl's hair, the young father asks. "Are you sleepy yet?"

       The daughter just tilts her head sideways despite it's obvious that she's tired. "Okay, then. If you need something, tell me okay." Ryeowook kisses her on the temple.

       Due to clock has reaches the midnight number, Mr. Cho suggests that the children are all bringing back to home. "In the morning, we can come back again," he tells on his eldest granddaughter.

       "But, I want to see mommy," she whines, tears slightly spilling out from her orbs.

       Though Min Gyu feels the girl's, he just stands near Kyuhyun, waiting for someone to pacify the girl. The sixteen year-old boy howev
er shrinks back when one or two things flash before his eyes as the nerve within him makes out that Ryeowook has approaches the young girl. The teen is drowning in his memories as he captures Ryeowook's gentle voice. "Mommy needs a rest. And baby is sleeping, too. Tomorrow, we visit mommy again, alright. You can't see the baby if you're sleepy too,"

       It's odd actually, watching the scene unfolds before them. It's odd that somehow someone has changes Ryeowook; someone has unconsciously has patches back the broken pieces, someone has done a very miraculously good job. And Donghae is sure everyone presents that night knows about it too, even realizes who is this someone might be.


 
 
       A week later
 
       "Did you finish all the homework, boy?" Ryeowook asks as he notices the teen is heading into the kitchen.

       Humming in agreement, Min Gyu then comes back to the living room, with two mugs of plain warm water. Sunday afternoon is a bliss indeed that the talented designer doesn't feel the need to cook lunch and somehow Ryeowook feels relax with only two people in the apartment.

       "Hey Min Gyu, I'm sleepy. Can I sleep here?" And before the kid can actually answer, the designer has already bumps his head on the boy's lap. Staring down, Min Gyu realizes belatedly the dark eye-bags beneath. The amount of projects that demanded the young designer's attention is getting out of control. "Just reject all the offer, hyung." Min Gyu whispers, gently patting the soft hair.

       "I can't," Ryeowook mumbles.

       Fine. "Go to sleep, hyung." The teen boy continues the hair. Halfway through it, the front door opens, and somehow he wishes the light-sleeper on his lap won't awake.

       Kyuhyun, who finally realize why the residents in the apartment are so quiet, asks his daughter to get a comforter in his bedroom. Shifting his attention on the boy, he inquires. "Aren't you hungry?"

       Smiling sheepishly, he answers. "A little bit." Kyuhyun chuckles lightly at that.

       Soon after Ryeohyun arrives with a soft comforter, the lanky doctor then slides it passes the petite's shoulder, as well as helping Min Gyu slips away from Ryeowook's head gently. After that, the three of them paces into the kitchen, preparing for lunch.

       By the time the meals are properly served on the table, it is two-fifteen in the evening. Despite how chaos the kitchen is, the designer is still in dreamland, unaffected with the high sound of laughing everywhere. Even in dining table, they are all still animatedly chatting with each other, from one topic to another; endlessly.

       Until Kyuhyun has to actually stop himself from talking to them so that the mindless chatting ceases. "Help me clean first then you can dismiss to your room," he says. And they do exactly that. After done cleaning the table, before both of them can step outside from the kitchen, the lanky speaks, "Thanks for helping me." Ryeohyun and Min Gyu just smile in appreciativeness.

       Once everything is settled, Kyuhyun makes his way to the living room, and helps sorting out one or two designs on the coffee table without actually lifting the sketches in mid-air. Ryeowook might actually piss off at him for days. Turning his head towards the sleeping male, the lanky then slips is hand beneath that small frame and hoists him onto his arms. The comforter is skidding slightly, a pale collarbone peaks itself out as Kyuhyun heads towards the bedroom.

       Gently resting Ryeowook on the mattress, Kyuhyun readjusts the comforter. The lanky is wondering what makes thing this easier for them as he perfectly knows there are too many matters that need to be considered when it comes to both of them. And though he understands that he and Ryeowook need to open up to each other more often, the fact that Ryeowook agrees moving in with him plays a big part in itself.

       The doctor is certain that his friends and his parents alike seem surprised that night when he comes with Ryeowook to the hospital. Kyuhyun himself won't believe his luck either when the petite wants him to drive to the hospital. They even bring Kyuhyun's nieces back to the apartment before re-visiting the hospital again the next morning.

       Straightening his back against the headboard, he stares fondly at the sleeping male; smile is adorning the handsome features. Many possibilities run inside his head but for now let's forget about it. Just as he's trying to extend his hand to touch the silky smooth hair, the petite stirs. Immediately, he retracts his hand back. Settling on watching without touching, Kyuhyun is actually resisting the urge within himself that seems to be stronger each passing seconds.

       Finally, the lanky doctor resolves on reading book that is residing on the bedside table. He is too immersed in that book, the two hours on that bed seems nothing to him. The movement of Ryeowook stirring lightly on his left side make him closes the book almost instantly. The book even is in its original place as Kyuhyun averts his eyes on Ryeowook.

       The petite designer, on the other hand, feels so comfy that he wants to drown himself in that soft bed sheet - wait, he's on the couch before... he tenses suddenly, eyes shutting even tighter. Gripping the side of the comforter too hard, he tries to even his erratic heartbeats but failing miserably.

       "Uhm...could you...maybe..." He is too nervous to speak out. It feels like his heart hammering too loud he can't breathe properly. Hopefully the other male understands this.

       Only Kyuhyun embraces the petite male around the shoulder - too gentle - as if the doctor is afraid the latter will break if he exerts too much force, tucking his chin on Ryeowook's head. "Relax, Ryeowook. Don't be so nervous." The doctor's trailing down along the other's arm bone and continuing doing so until he senses how relax Ryeowook seems to be.

       "I'm sorry,"

       "Don't be." Kissing the other hair; Kyuhyun smiles, "You want me to pull back?"

       Ryeowook gives a negative answer, probably because the petite knows he is blushing deep red; not Kyuhyun wants to complain.

       "I'm going for a conference for three days in China," Kyuhyun starts, his hand now caressing the soft locks. "But, I guess I can always skip the last day."

       Ryeowook pulls a way slightly, "Why?" The designer has already moves around the bedroom, aware that the moment of close proximity with Kyuhyun has intoxicated him. He shall not get addicted with it.

       Of course Kyuhyun understood with the sudden change of Ryeowook. It happens too often he has lost count. One thing the lanky knows though, Ryeowook needs all the time in the world. Shrugging, he replies. "I want to spend the Christmas Eve with my family and you."

       Jumping from the bed, he moves too fast that the slender male can't react properly as he's grabbing Ryeowook's hand - the petite is standing at the entrance bedroom door, Ryeowook's eyes are everywhere - and leading him into the kitchen. He fixes the meal for the petite and himself, and eats the majority of the meals once again. "I'm going to the conference with Jonghyun, and the other two colleagues."

       "I'd promise I call you every day." Kyuhyun tells every detail he could regarding the trip and sometimes he wishes that Ryeowook will actually comment at everything he said. "I'm going to miss you."

       Dropping his head on his lap, Ryeowook contemplates, still listening to Kyuhyun's words. Then, he slowly reaches out Kyuhyun's hand under the table, just a nudge. "Thanks..." If the doctor anticipates his name from the petite's lips, he shouldn't. "...really."






A/N: This marks as the final chapter. But don't worry, it won't stop here. The struggle everyone has is too burdensome for me to continue and plus, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, my most favorite characters have too many things to develop on. All is well, for now. Till next time :)