(in)visible

Be Extant, Stay Around

 "  Even if I throw everything else away; I want you

If we are born again in the next world; I won't let you go  "

 

Turning his GPS on; Kyuhyun speeds on the road. Surprisingly, the lanky male shows no anxiety despite how jumbles his thoughts are in his mind. Drifting swiftly around the corner, the young doctor stops his car in front of the gate that surrounds the large front yard. Recognizing Ryeowook's white BMW car, Kyuhyun enters the enclosed area, only to stop short in front of the house. 

There is a penthouse, located at the left side of the house which slightly behind from the two-storey house - it makes people who passes by the house doesn't realize there is another building, except if they observe it closely.

Inspecting the house a little bit more, Kyuhyun then proceeds walking when he realizes that the house is locked. Though, he momentarily wonders where Ryeohyun is, he doesn't put much thoughts into it. Ryeowook is his priority now and he doesn't think he want to change it for the rest of his life.

Stepping into the penthouse, he searches for the secret hideout. Kibum doesn't answer him actually, but the silence from the other male is telling him that his guess has been right all along. Why Ryeowook would bother himself in finding comfort in unfamiliar surrounding if he had a perfect, convenience place for that?

However, this hide-and-seek thing is not where Kyuhyun's expertise lies. Sure, he loves doing this but that was three years ago. He has stops playing all those adventures, searching games, in which it means his skill has rusted, a lot. He only has his instinct to solely rely on now.

 

'The place you feel like you are in water - without getting yourself wet; there are also stars twinkle around you.'

He encounters the pool before he enters the penthouse, so that means the pool represent the water, right? So, the stars...

Kyuhyun then climbs the stairs, two or three steps at one time. At the end of the hallways, the lanky male sees a large terrace with wooden deck base, which perfectly fit for the stargazing activity. Though, this comfortable place is more suitable for friends or family hangout rather than for a personal space.

Roaming around the house, the lanky doctor realizes everything doesn't quite match with the description. Could it have been that he is in the wrong place, then? Pacing back and forth between the living room and the kitchen, he frantically looking for any hidden doors, his heart thumping loudly each passing seconds, anxious over the fact that he can't seem to know where the designer is.

Stopping his track, he sits on the chair at the dining table. Running his palm across his face, he closes his eyes momentarily before re-opening them again. Breathing in and out slowly, he stares at the color shade in front of him. The brown-like-wheat color mark the territory of the kitchen while the dining area has a brighter color - peach, contrasting with each other but emitting a nice atmosphere.

Admiring the palette of colors, Kyuhyun somehow notices there are another shade of color between the two. He realizes the paler color is somewhat disguising itself behind the two more obvious colors. The champagne-like color might serve as a boundary between the kitchen and the dining area but Kyuhyun thinks otherwise.

Even if there is no color between the two brighter colors, people still can appraise the beauty of the two colors as it is, how complements the area is with each respective colors.

Walking towards the champagne-color shade, Kyuhyun see a small button hidden behind a panel which has a huge oven beside it. Touching the relative tiny button, Kyuhyun almost spits out the strings of swear words when the wall discloses a space which only apt for one person per se. The aromatic lavender scented all over the space, and just when the wall begin to close itself, dim orange lights are on, enlighten the pave leading to a spacious room with the same fragrance.

The occasional silent sobbing reaches Kyuhyun's ears. As long as the lanky male glad that he finally found the smaller, he can't actually bracing himself forward and that as long as he wants so badly hugs the small frame, he finds that he doesn't actually have the strength to lift his feet, to face the designer.

His voice seems stuck between his vocal cord, thickening each words he wants to make out; resulting to be a barely whisper.

"...Ryeowook."

The smaller male despite being the crying mess he is, able to hear the soft rustle word. In fact, the designer recognizes the voice, too. Tightens his arms around the knees even more, he wishes that the other just leaves him here, alone.

But, the young doctor has another plan. Instead, he takes slow steps forward towards Ryeowook.

"It's okay. I won't say anything."

Kneeling in front of the smaller male, Kyuhyun rests his right hand near Ryeowook's leg, resisting the urge not to touch the crying male. When the doctor sees the said designer flinching away slightly, Kyuhyun mutters.

"Just, let me be here, alright. I won't say anything. I promise."

Saying the same thing all over, Kyuhyun's smooth voice somehow stops Ryeowook's streaming tears but, as soon as the lanky male wraps his arms around the petite, Ryeowook let his tears fall again, staining his cheek and soaking the white blue dress shirt of the other.

The awkward position between them stings Kyuhyun's knees as he hugs the smaller by his side - Ryeowook is too stubborn to let loose his knees and although the smaller head is resting on his chest, the lanky doesn't have the chance to see Ryeowook's face. Murmuring the comforting words while the petite male's back, he examines the room. The soothing, pleasant smell surely suits the smaller male's taste. Small smile drifts across the handsome features unconsciously.

He discovers the tiny stars at the ceiling, twinkling around the room. The bright blue wave coming from the water behind the glass gives out the mollify vibe thus and in a way, it did reduce the electrical cost.

Kyuhyun then finally realizes that this room is in the basement. What makes it more fascinating is the room accommodates everything you want as your own room. There is a sofa across the glass-window and a small, single bed near the transparent window-pane is stick close to the wall. Far across the room, four horizontal shelf stick on the wall, hanging just above the floor; with a DVD player in the middle between the rack, and the aesthetic, romantic wood lightning fixture gratifies the whole well-decorated room.

Noticing that the smaller male's eyes has fluttering close, the lanky doctor carries the slender male bridal style to the sofa - deciding that there is a lot more space for him and Ryeowook if he chooses the sofa.

Placing the pillow under the designer's head, Kyuhyun tugs the blankets around the frame. Playing with the soft lock, the doctor brushes his finger on Ryeowook's beautiful contours around the face; remembering precisely how he has traced the same outline eight years ago. Retracting his finger immediately when a dangerous thought haunts his brain, Kyuhyun stands to his feet without further ado before taking earth-sized leaps back, distancing himself from the innocent male. Until he stumbles upon the cold wall behind his back, he fortunately manages to shake the impure thoughts regarding the small male.

Glancing around the room, he spots a crinkled letter few feet from where he stands from, with some medication scattered on the wood paneling. Noticing the label, he walks over the sleeping male only to pause halfway. Calming his erratic heartbeat, he balls his hand, hard that fingers digging into the flesh.

Retreats again, Kyuhyun cleans the room and snatches the letter, straightening and folding it nicely before placing it into his front jeans pocket. Counting to hundreds, the lanky doctor ultimately and gently slips his hand under Ryeowook before lifting the petite, exiting the hideout towards any rooms around the house.

When the lanky male realizes that all room are upstairs, his three-hundred counting almost ceases and before his brain began to form an inappropriate thoughts, again, he steers himself back to zero, starting all over; this time, determines that he shouldn't get distracted no matter what!

Once he places the smaller on the mattress, Kyuhyun quickly drapes the quilt before veering away from the designer. Closing the door behind him, he calls the first person in his mind - Donghae.

Now, waiting for the said composer's arrival, Kyuhyun can't seem to battle himself against his inner self. The self-control he has learns this passed years seems weakening his well-fortified facade, all of sudden, revealing the vulnerable and pitiful sight of him.

How resilient Kyuhyun wants to prove himself he is, the young doctor doesn't have enough forte that he, who lack the prowess, opens the closed door and walks straight towards the sleeping figure. Chest heaves up and down in silent, but when he lands his eyes on Ryeowook's peaceful face, his breathe become normal, like a magic itself and it is almost instantly, that all the raving, delirious side of him vanishes to the thin air.

Is it really possible for human to feel the sudden, different wave of emotion within mere seconds?

Or is it logical that there is someone in this world who can make this unforeseen feelings change itself just by looking?

And is it really feasible that this one person can bring out all the incoherent, unsettled emotion within one solely because of one's presence?

Subconsciously, Kyuhyun leans down and it is a breadth of the thin paper apart that Ryeowook's right hand stops him halfway. Ignores the weak protest on his chest, Kyuhyun maintains this little space between them, eyeing the smaller male.

From his half-lidded eyes, Ryeowook puts an effort on his right hand, but he can't overpower the stronger male above him, not when his energy has been drained. Even, if he has regained his energy back, he still couldn't beat the lanky male.

"Stop."

But, Kyuhyun pays no heed to the smaller male. Instead, he leans even more that his lips graces over the other paled, smooth one. Kyuhyun stays like that for the longest time that Ryeowook who is too tired to do anything, let the other does whatever he wants. Though the lanky doesn't expect anything from the petite, Kyuhyun can't help in deepening the kiss while his left hand gently the right hand of the smaller on his chest. And at the same time his other hand is busy playing with the smooth, soft brown locks of the other.

Letting his body takes over his mind, Kyuhyun then proceeds to Ryeowook's forehead before looking over at the flushed, closed-eyes Ryeowook, once again. His soft gaze eyes hungrily at the pink lips and just before he attacks those lips, Kyuhyun gains a control over his body, succeeds in clearing his vision 
after endless battle against himself, it seems.

And fondly, he stares at the sleeping male while caressing the smaller cheeks. Slowly, he brings his lips against Ryeowook's. This time, he lingers around more than before; without applying any pressure into it, enjoying the warmth radiating from the smaller frame.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, briefly closes his eyes.

 

...
 



Dear grandson Ryeowook,


Please think that whatever I'm going to give to you, is not something that I want you to receive
solely; think of it as my - what should I say? - Love, affection that I can't shower you with anymore.

And do what you need to do out of pure love, not because I told you so, alright? Though, I'm
glad if you fulfill my last wish, I don't want to put you in a death-sentence situation.

The hospice that I want you to be the part of; is one of my bucket lists that I manage to make
it happens. There is another one, but that has to do with you, but I'm not going to push you
with it. It doesn't matter now. As long as you're happy, that's good enough for me.
 
So how have you been? I miss you, Ryeowookie-ah. But you must miss me more, right? I know,
that you miss me more than I miss you. So, please don't resent yourself, just...continue miss me
more than I miss you, okay?

I can't tell you the truth, because you have life ahead of you at that time. I'm not very sure how
much time I would wait for this letter to be read, but I'm willing to wait for you, for how long it is
going to be, I'll wait for you.

I'm sorry that I never stick by your side in the past years, but Ryeowook-ah, I know you can do this,
without me by your side. You've been doing well with this before, so it shouldn't be too hard for
you, right? You can work without me, I know you will.

It's hard for you to accept but, this is the reality. People die and we should try to move on - don't
dwell on me too much, okay? Don't blame yourself either. It's not healthy for you.

I don't die in regret, because I have you. I have you as my grandson. And never forget that you are
my grandson no matter what happen. You're part of the family, part of my family.

This is my last favor; I'm giving you my last hope so that if you feel life is unfair, think about it one more
time. Think of me like you always do; speak of me in easy tone you always used. Whatever we were
to each other, that we are still.

Learn to let me go, I can't be out of your mind, just because I was out of your sight, you know that.

Live the life like you always do as life means all that it ever meant; it is the same as it ever was. 
 
 
 
 
With love & gratitude,                                                                                 
 
Grandpa C.                                                                                             
 
 
-110621-