Savior

Be Extant, Stay Around

A/N: Sorry, for the changes. Really. There is another continuation chapter from the previous, but I feel like that plot didn't suit well, so... I abandoned it. The previous chapter has been corrected though. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"  You stayed with me even when it hurts; You even embraced my faults

All of the hatred that followed me has gone behind  "

 

 

Saturday comes by so fast that Ryeowook can't help to feel excited about it. Though he might not been so much help to his friend, the unfocused mind while in the meeting does proven him that he is indeed want to end the final touch meeting as soon as possible.

Who on Earth does the meeting on Saturday morning? They must be crazy enough to do this.

Sighing lightly, the young designer feigns his annoyance, and tries his very best to be professional as he can be. It's your duty, Ryeowook. They feel the same way as you, too. He is glad nonetheless that he lets Ryeohyun leaves first with Donghae for the majority of his friends have arrived the summer house by Friday evening, though at first the younger brother of his wanted to ride with him.

Ryeowook, on his part doesn't really understand his brother's mind, now - perhaps the lengthy-year of absence from South Korea does conceal his mind from reading his younger brother like a book, but that shouldn't be a problem actually - right? If he can read Taemin before he flew to Paris, surely he can read his brother now, so what change?

Around 1.30 PM the meeting is adjourn, for they will be meeting again for the dry rehearsal on Monday morning, several hours before the function. Thus, Ryeowook grabs the fluky moment to slip away from the room, ignoring everyone who is still chit-chatting with all the designers in the said closed wall - chances like this are hard to find, by the way.

And just after Ryeowook has finish packing his stuff, the moment he steps out from the elevator on the ground floor, reporters flashing their camera towards him. Though the distance between him and all the reporters are quite far - thanks to the security guard - the said designer takes a step back, rather hastily into the elevator, before the reporters can actually grab him and interrogate him for whatever reasons they have.

Even if the petite male doesn't really sure whether the reporters are after him or not; one thing he does know is that he wouldn't risk himself to be exposing in the flashing light of the camera lens. There are prices for that, and he hates it - just the thoughts of it make him incredibly sick. Because of this though, he admires his friend who can still be themselves despite they have been in the entertainment business for almost five years. He salutes Heechul-hyung for being the blue-chip of the entertainment, proud of Eunhyuk-Donghae stunt for making the successful executives, along with the famous choreographer Shindong, and happy for the young singer Henry for achieving want he wants in life.

The slender male then decides that he should stay back at the office building, waiting for the reporters to leave the company, though it is a wishful thinking, really. He discovers a while ago that the reporters are coming after him indeed - what a great timing - when one of his colleagues find various articles on the internet regarding the wedding gown that he designs for the bride in the wedding-of-the-year occasion.

What should he do?

Of course, there is nothing he could do. Paparazzi are the craziest people in the world he had known, and thus should be avoided.

Taking a deep audible breath, he calls Donghae, mentally preparing himself for the worst.

"I don't think I can attend the party."

"What? Why??"

"There are many reporters outside my office building, and I can't escape all of them. They are like twenty of them, or maybe more. Who knows? I don't want to risk myself."

Ryeowook can hear the disappointment in the elder's tone. "So, you're not going to attend the party...for real? How long does this happen before you decide to finally call me?"

The composer has masters all the younger attitudes, behaviors, gestures - all of them. He is confident that the young designer only calls him when things are getting out of control, just like now.

Biting his bottom lips, Ryeowook replies. "...About one hour and half..."

"!"

"Hyung."

"Sorry, didn't mean that. Haish!" The angry puffing is evident. And for a while, silence devours both males. Then suddenly, Donghae exclaims, startled the life out of Ryeowook. It is fortunate that the designer is in a good health.

"Wait, I ask for Siwon's help. Stay there. Don't go anywhere until I told you so, okay. I'm hanging up now."

And before Ryeowook could say anything, the line is dead.



Straightway, Donghae tells the current situation regarding Ryeowook to Siwon, who later asks for Kyuhyun as the lawyer has been a halfway journey to the summer house.

"Where are you now, Kyuhyun?"

"I'm on the road, heading to your summer house."

"Are you far enough from Seoul? There is an emergency that we need your help."

Quirking his eyebrow, the young doctor attacks. "We? Am I getting a reward for this?"

"Why you...can't you do this favor for once without asking for anything in return? Ryeowook asks for Donghae's help and Donghae asks me to help him, but I can't and thus, I'm choosing you to help him. There, satisfied?"

At the mention of Ryeowook's name, the lanky doctor skillfully swerves, and turns his car instantly, without knowing the full details of the situation. And the fact that he has been driving for one hour totally slips out from his mind.

"What is it?" The urgency of his voice can't escape Siwon's, who is smirking at Kyuhyun's unmissable disquiet tone.

"I believe that that is the reward for you. Ryeowook can't get off from his office building due to the many reporters outside the office."

"What are they doing outside of his office building?"

"Ask him himself."

"Just tell me, you lazy-bum."

"The nerve of you, I'm your hyung, Kyuhyun. Remember that."

If you just tell me... Rolling his eyes, the lanky doctor apologizes. "Right, sorry...hyung."



It takes forty-five minutes to arrive at Ryeowook's office building - of course with the GPS' help. The lanky male observes the situation first before his eyes resting on Ryeowook's white BMW car. The car is located close to the area where all the reporters are now shading themselves from dry, sunny weather. It's autumn though.

Calmly, Kyuhyun strides into the building, ignoring the commotion and heads straight for the counter information, asking which level is Ryeowook's office. Once he gets the number, the young doctor enters the elevator on his right side. The display number seven inside the elevator turns to blue the moment the lanky male presses the button.

Upon reaching, the doctor's eyes begin working almost immediately, looking for the familiar silhouette around the big and spacious office. But then, the young doctor comes across with the designer's name, outside the door on one of the rooms on his left side. Bursting into the second one, without intending to let the person inside acknowledges his presence, or rather the ill-mannered sudden entrance; Kyuhyun catches the flabbergasted look of Ryeowook from behind the table. Shutting the door gently, the lanky male leans against the wall beside the door frame.

"Siwon-hyung asks for my help since he can't help you. Does Donghae-hyung informs you that?"

For a moment, the petite male stares at the familar intruder. Ryeowook then stands up while gathering his things on the table. "No, he just told me someone is going to pick me up. And he told me to wait." The words have been measured out.

He didn't tell me it's going to be you. Who else is going to be his savior, though?

They walk to the elevator without actually producing any sound - albeit there is tittle-tattle here and there whenever someone encounters the petite designer and Ryeowook can only smile, as he tags along behind the lanky male. And they stay silent like that with the doctor maintains the safe distance between them. The designer though curious on whether the lanky doctor really understands the situation, swallows the entire lingering questions.

Silently, Ryeowook is hoping that the other male knows what to do.

Kyuhyun then grabs the slender male's wrist gently that it surprises Ryeowook momentarily, as soon they have reached the ground floor. Shielding the smaller male from the reporters' field of vision, they stay rooted in front of the elevator, when the lanky male throws out yew full-zipped hoodie from the paper bag - the designer doesn't realize this - before wearing it around the designer's small frame.

Pulling up the stand-up collared hood on Ryeowook's head, Kyuhyun makes sure that people can't recognize the petite designer before smoothly brings the said male closer to him and pacing out form the building. Though they have successfully avoided the ruckus of the reporters as the clicking sound of Kyuhyun's car confirming Ryeowook that he is now indeed safe; he, however, unable to be functioning as he is too stunned to move, or think on his own accord.

Taking a deep breath, Ryeowook realizes that the male behind the wheel is waiting for him to recuperate before starting the engine.

"Sorry for startling you. There is no option, but that."

Nodding as in understand, Ryeowook softly speaks. "Thanks anyway." The views outside the window suddenly become more interesting.

It is awkward; it is unusually tactless that Kyuhyun thinks he is the only human that breathes the air in the car. Every so often, the lanky male will take a quick, side glances towards the person who occupies the passenger seat, wondering if the other is okay or not; speculating on whether the small male is too tired that he has passes out. But Kyuhyun is a man full of perpetual, petty fears which basically means he doesn't take any further steps until he is very certain that nothing could possibly fall out from all his sharp, shrewd calculations. Thus, he concludes that he should wait at least thirty minutes more.

Even so, the lanky male is also known as someone that doesn't have the high tolerance, as the patience virtue is not really his forte - it's Ryeowook's. Mixed reactions send various signals to his brain that he for a brief moment confused which one he should do, still considering the perfect calculation of his.

Eyeing the petite male with the corner of his eyes for the last time, Kyuhyun then fixated his eyes on the road straightaway. When the air has become too suffocated to breathe casually, the lanky male reaches for the small knob, intending to change the radio to a different channel with more upbeat songs.

Just when the lanky male's finger is about reach the handle, a warm touch grazes his own; startling him that he almost instantly widens his eyes in surprise, momentary forgetting the reality that he's driving a car right now. The fleeting, touching moment sends an electrifying spark that Ryeowook retracts his hand as fast as he can before he actually has the chance to think of anything. While the male behind the wheel seems to be in dazed, that he in a reflex manner angles his head so he can properly see the male beside him.

Ryeowook, on the contrary casts his gaze onto the road ahead of him and the designer can makes out that the car has sways a little to the left, away from the supposed roadbed that he instantly reaches over the steering in order to forestall from getting a headline in tomorrow's newspaper. They are on the hills, for heaven's sake!

"Eyes stay on the road."

It is an order that the lanky male quickly maneuvers the wheeled vehicle of his onto the right track, before the doctor steals a glance to his side once again.

Annoyed, the smaller male spats out - too cold to his liking. "I don't plan on dying today."

"I manage." The reply that makes the small male cringes at the overbearing attitude.

Paying no heed to Kyuhyun, the designer watches the road carefully, not trusting the lanky male in a bit. Somehow, the smothering air in the car almost drowning both males into exasperation, or maybe it is Ryeowook who feels that way - seeing that Kyuhyun still held a long fixed look towards him - that he can't help to blurts out the inconvenience.

"What?"

The lanky male doesn't answer right away as he contemplates what should he answers, and when he does, the sentences that coming out ringing the bells in Ryeowook's head.

"You should be sleeping. The journey is going to take a while."

And the small male doesn't respond, leaving them unheard. Because he refuses to let Kyuhyun stays awake on the road without company if he chooses to be selfish, if he chooses to actually let the sleeping takes over him - it's impolite, and yet embarrassing.

"Ryeowook." The said male remains unfazed.

"Hey Ryeowook." Second attempt the designer tries to dismiss it.

Slowing down his car, Kyuhyun then reaches out the smaller hands that are folding together, and it works. Ryeowook tilts his head in astonishment at the unexpected contact. His brown eyes meet the hazel eyes of Kyuhyun before his brain signalling him to avert his gaze away from his face, simultaneously pulls his hands from the comfortable warmth.

Apologetically, Kyuhyun mumbles. "Sorry."

The truth is, he is glad that he has gains the opportunity. Stepping on the accelerator, Kyuhyun searches for any rest stops. He takes a glimpse on the dashboard digital clock - 4.45 PM. They are going to be late, but that doesn't matter - they are not needed for the reception anyway.