The Return

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

 

       Kyuhyun steps out from the plane lazily while his face glowed with some excitement - happy to be back to his motherland for once in 8 years.

       His energy has been drained out as he spent approximately 12 hours with a toss-around sleep and variety of food being served to him throughout the journey from Dublin, Ireland - his second homeland, somehow.

       The dark brown duffel bag on his left shoulder, Kyuhyun adjusts it while impatiently standing and watching for his luggage at the retrieving area. He soon lifts the maroon luggage from the carousel and put it aside him. 

       He then brings his right hand to his left chest, reaching for the sunglasses that hanging loosely yet securely in his newly checkered shirt - he brought two weeks in advance, anticipate in heading back to his once memorable country.

       It still memorable - just the meaning of it has slightly fading away.

       Kyuhyun walks briskly to the exit amidst the throng of people attempted to push their way in meeting someone who is waiting for their arrival - family or even close friends, perhaps. He knows Siwon might be waiting for him although, he is not quite sure of it. 

       Siwon has called him as soon as he managed to get inside the apartment of his, after his little shopping - asking about his well-being and some sort. Exploding from the excitement, he told Siwon the good news - grinning widely to the phone. 

       Anyhow, he still can manage himself even without the other waiting at the end of exit passage. He is in his own country after all - nothing would go wrong.


       How life never ceases to amaze him - he should has known that after all those years. 

       Stupid Kyuhyun - he mentally mumbles to himself. There, in the waiting area near the entrance gate are his taller friend with a cute girl - probably 8-9 years old; smiles beautifully to him. 

       Kyuhyun scans the whole area and surprisingly enough, he finds his cousin with the waving Sungmin beside him. Stunned, he averts his eyes to Heechul, Kibum and Shindong who just look as surprised as he is. 

       What the hell!  His ears catches some words utter by Eunhyuk and Donghae with the smiling Henry who just waves his hands directly towards him.

       Kyuhyun takes a very deep breath; attempting to calm his nerves and he then stares back to the girl in front of Siwon.

       The girl wears a bright lavender gown with a pastel pink trying to mix in the dominant color. She has a blonde straight hair and she has his eyes - hazel eyes. 

       A sudden flash comes to his hazy mind and the flash or rather the image catches him out of guard. More images flood his brain and this time the images become vivid as he remembers precisely the breathtaking smile.

      "Ryeowook," Kyuhyun whispers. In a matter of second, he finds the girl is advancing towards him with tentative steps and unconsciously he bends his body down to meet the girl's eye level. They stare at each other. 

      Still in his hazy state, Kyuhyun seem can't comprehend what has happened - he just stare blankly at her. 

      "You have my eyes," she speaks softly. 

      The closed distance between them suddenly disappears and Kyuhyun notices that the girl has flings her arms on the crook of his neck. A small cry from her and the dampness of his nylon shirt shoves Kyuhyun back to the reality.

      Panic by the sudden outburst, Kyuhyun widens his eyes and frantically searching for Siwon or anyone while he the girl's back gently. The girl tightens her arm around Kyuhyun as her tears flow steadily through his cheeks. 

      Anxiety clouds his sense when the said figures are nowhere to be found. 

      Think, Kyuhyun. Think! - He mentally shouts to himself. Kyuhyun feels that all eyes have been directed to him and he decides to ignore all the questioning glares - he has a task at the moment.

      Nothing comes to his mind - he doesn't even know how to pacify the little girl. Sighing lightly, Kyuhyun begins to humming a song - a song he knows very well by heart. Kyuhyun surprised though that the song comes almost immediately even after 8 years he doesn't acknowledge it. 

      After a while, the crying turns down to sobbing. Kyuhyun takes this chance to break himself from the girl's embrace. Slowly, he backing away and casts a look at the little girl.

      His heart sinks when he sees the girl's puffy red eyes, tears still overflowing from her lovely eyes. Instinctively, Kyuhyun wipes away the tears and soon enough the tears all cease.


      Once again the beautiful smile from the little girl catches Kyuhyun's eyes. Dazed with the smile, Kyuhyun doesn't notice that he is being drag away - he doesn't even realize that their fingers interlace with each other. 

      The little girl leads Kyuhyun into a cab and Kyuhyun breaks from his stupor when the girl and the driver stare intently at him. His brain instantly trying to memorize where his apartment located at and he manages utter the address without stuttering himself.

      He secretly feels relieve - for what; he does not even want to know. He just feel those particular feeling at the moment.


........
 
 


       Siwon called Ryeowook last night - asking for his permission to take Ryeohyun out tomorrow and returns her the day after tomorrow. Ryeowook found this odd behaviour of Siwon must be related to the group of close friends he has. 

       "What are you planning?" Ryeowook asked tiredly while his eyes wandered around his masterpiece in front of him. 

       "I wasn't plan anything. I just want to hang out with the cute little daughter of yours," Siwon confidently answered - well, technically it is true. 

       Ryeowook sighed, "I know you're not planning anything. You don't even have any plan to execute. You must work with them, so there must a brilliant plan. Tell me," he demanded.

       Quite shocked with the sudden accusation, Siwon understood perfectly why Ryeowook reacted the way he is. 

       He calmly came out with, "I'm sorry, Ryeowook. I didn't mean to make you wary. Yes, I don't have any plan to execute and I don't want to bother myself with someone else's plan to execute. Really, I just want to spend my little time with your daughter." 

       Siwon waited patiently and he wondered if he had hurt Ryeowook in any way possible as the silence was too deafening for him to bear.

       The hurt tone of Siwon woke Ryeowook from his trance. He has hurt his friend; Ryeowook took a deep breath and he tried to form any word to erase those hurt - nothing seems to cooperate with him. 

       "Ryeowook, are you still there? I'm sorry," Siwon apologized. 

       Ryeowook's eyes glisten with tears - he succeeded in holding the tears as he struggled to form the word, "It's okay." 

       He counted from 1 to 10 - an effort to remain calm. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those words to you. Sorry, Siwon-hyung," Ryeowook went off before Siwon had any chance to cut him "Maybe, I'm just tired but really, those are not an excuse," Ryeowook laughed wryly. "Sure, you can take her out."

       "Are you crying? I feel bad," Siwon sighed heavily. 

       "No! I'm just... I'm sorry, okay. Don't make me feel bad either!" Ryeowook exclaimed. "The offer is good to go. Accept or reject it. You're choice," Ryeowook muttered, slightly irritated at how the conversation has diverged out. 

       Siwon grinned widely, "I accept! Thank you Your Highness!" he tried to bring the cheerful mode of conversation. A genuinely laughter could be heard from Ryeowook at the receiving end. 

       "I come tomorrow morning at 8. Is that okay with you?" Siwon asked. "It's a deal then. Take care of yourself, hyung. Don't miss me." Ryeowook chuckled lightly before they both end their conversation with a goodnight greeting.