Hospice Visit

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

 

p/s: I don’t know how this maturity word comes in. All I mean to say is that Ryeohyun is perceptive. Is it the same thing? Perceptive is about having sensitive insight. While maturity means more than that, where it covers all aspects of your life.

And of course Ryeohyun is not that mature. She’s still a kid. I just want to emphasize that she has a great understanding regarding certain situation.

Then, I realized something - she couldn’t be just any normal eight-year old girl when

1) she doesn’t do ‘aegyo’ thing.

2) she seems to has answers to everything people ask of her - maybe she has her own opinions, and that she just like to voice that out.


I must say that her ties with her Daddy Ryeowook has shaped her into this; when at some point in their life, Ryeowook must have lean/rely on her too much that she had to be the kind of best friend towards her father. And expert says that is not a healthy relationship.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

       "Daddy! I'm home!" A now better Ryeohyun shouts, running to Ryeowook - who fixes his eyes on the screen in front of him while his mind somewhere else.

       Ryeowook gives his daughter a fondly hug while he is basking in the warm his daughter's body offers. "Welcome home, sweetheart."

       Thanking Siwon for the days out, they send him towards his car, "It's not really a big deal, anyway. Really." You should thank someone else.


       "Did you have a great day?"

       Nodding her head, "It was wonderful." Ryeohyun's face lit up their house - literally.

       "It's not fair. How come mine not wonderful as yours?" Whining, Ryeowook puts his head on the girl's lap - hugging her waist lightly.

       "Let's watch movies tonight." Ryeohyun suggests while playing with Ryeowook's hair.

       "I'm tired."

       "Want to eat ice-cream? Strawberries flavour with the chocolate topping?" Another suggestion she knows Ryeowook will reject it.

       "Are you trying to fatten me up?" Ryeohyun giggles.

       Ryeohyun precisely know what Ryeowook wants - she just want to play longer with this 5-year old Ryeowook.

       "How about we both clean up ourselves, then we can leisurely walk to penthouse and play the huge piano. You want that, do you?" Ryeohyun grins.

       Ryeowook laughs, "Leisurely walk?" Ryeowook quickly dismisses himself to do that particular thing.



       Strolling in their pajamas, they silently walk to the piano room.

       "Before we start, I have a confession to make." Looking down on her laps, "Daddy, I'm sorry if this past 2 days make you a little wary. This might be a little confusing but I... truly hope you can understand all of this."

       "Can you play the piano now?" Grasping the sentences, Ryeowook chooses not to bother about it instead he tightens the hug around the little frame.

       "Want to tell me about your day?" Ryeowook remains silence; he buries his head on the crook of her neck - inhaling the sweet scent of lemon.

       Ryeohyun floats her fingers above the white ivory. Elegantly, she begins to play. In the midst of her passionate play she clearly hears Ryeowook's breathy words.
 

       I miss his grandpa.

       Ryeohyun keeps on playing.

 
       I miss him, too.

       She proceeds in playing 'One Fine Spring Day' instrumental and she sings following the melodious rhythm.

 
       I miss them both, it hurts.

       Tears flow from her pale cheek but she doesn't dare to stop herself from playing. She repeats the same instrumental and this time she just hums to herself and Ryeowook; who crying buckets behind the closed eyelids.

 
 
 
 
.........
 
 
 
 




       Their little journey starts by visiting a candy store near the downtown.

       "They all love this." Ryeohyun picks out so many type of candy from the shelf. Kyuhyun merely watches her from the corner of his eyes; observing those sweet-enriched confections.

       Next, they go to department store - to buy a gift for a boy who has reaches his adult age.

       "You memorize all of their birthdays?" Bewildered Kyuhyun asks, looking over Ryeohyun.

       "No. Daddy messaged me yesterday when we were at the tower. I told him that I would go on his behalf instead, so he can finish his work."




       "Good morning, Aunty." Ryeohyun greets.

       "Ryeohyun! Good morning to you, too. Who is this lanky guy?" The said aunt scans the lanky figure beside her, "Good morning to you, young man. You want the usual?" The same woman asks Ryeohyun.

       "Yes, please. This is my father, Kyuhyun."

       "Ah, another one. Why do you always have such handsome men as your father?" The aunt complains.

       Handsome men... Kyuhyun blushes and he can't help in reasoning that perhaps the others have been here already - and the hospice, too.

       "Thanks, Aunty. We better get going. Bye, Aunty. Have a nice day." Ryeohyun waves over her while Kyuhyun bowing slightly with a small smile across his feature.




       "What are we doing here?"

       "To buy a flower, obviously."

       Kyuhyun shuts his mouth immediately with grunts. He knows Ryeohyun knows perfectly what he means - she's just pretending. She wants revenge. Fine, then. He is not going to back down so easily.

       "This is for grandma. She loves flowers very much. She even knows every single flower in the Earth, though her favorite one is sakura." Ryeohyun states briefly without giving any glances over Kyuhyun.




       Parking the car in front of the round building, Kyuhyun sees a younger male walks towards them.

       "Welcome back, Ryeohyun. Where is Ryeowook? And who is this?"

       The expectation looks from both the girl and the smiling male make Kyuhyun awkward, "I'm Kyuhyun."

       The unwavering looks inquire Kyuhyun to add quickly, "I'm Ryeohun's father."

       "Okay. Let's get in. The others have been waiting for your arrival." Jinki snatches Ryeohyun's hand lightly; leading her towards the lounge and leaving Kyuhyun behind with all the presents.

       Kyuhyun blindly follows her daughter conversing with all the staffs and the patients. He even sings couple of songs after the girl has been spilling the bean on him.

       "You have such an amazing voice, young man. Just like Ryeowook." A woman around her forty compliments him. She has a bright vibe around her but her eyes display the loneliness she felt throughout the years.

       "I'm sure he misses all of you, too. I'll send your regards to him."

       "Want me to sing another song?" A string of cries echoes within the four-walled room. "Alright, calm down everyone. A little impatience, are we?" Kyuhyun chuckles lightly.

       "What song do you want to hear?" He points towards the teen male who sits far across the room.

       The teen brightens him face, "Could you sing '7 Years of Love'?"

       "Of course. It is one of my favorite songs." Kyuhyun belts out the lyrics gracefully. Ryeohyun can't help herself in gathering the tears in her eyes. She knows that this probably doesn't make any sense but she can relevantly see the longing in his voices.

       A gloomy atmosphere is dissipating when Jinki comes to a rescue as he plays with the words, a punning that only him capable of doing.




       Leaving the greenish wood-oriented building - technically the hospice made by woods with the green building in its centre; Kyuhyun promises them that he will come often if he can.

       Kyuhyun and Ryeohyun make a stop at the beach near the hospice before driving them back to the apartment; observing attentively over the coastlines.

       People say the most beautiful coastlines are always those that are meandering.

       Perhaps to be such a beautiful person inside and out, people has to meander around.

       Kyuhyun then deduces that people don't have any idea for how long should we be meandering around.