Dinner

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

 

"  Pay attention to only me from now on

Forget everything else  "

 

 

       The gentle glow over the apparent horizon announces the world's residents on the next cycle of universe. Slowly but surely, the intense bright orange ball fading away as it becomes smaller; momentarily changes the sky into blue and light, dusky purple - waiting for the tiny silver stars to slide in.

       Kyuhyun watches the scene unfolds before his eyes with an awe. How could he misses such a breath-taking scenery after all this years, he has no idea. Sitting against the sliding door in the balcony of his apartment, he absently admires the cycle of day and night - one cannot be without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time.

       He smiles at the notion, seeing the truth it holds.

       A small hand on his shoulder makes him leave his little own world. Tilting his head slightly, he sees Ryeohyun is looking ahead with an unreadable face on her.

       "Beautiful isn't it?" Ryeohyun suddenly says without making an eye contact with Kyuhyun.

       "Huh?" Startled, Kyuhyun replies quickly, "Yes, it is."

       Smile appears on Kyuhyun's feature as he continue, "Let's get back in. It's getting dark. We should prepare for dinner." Kyuhyun hurriedly standing and walks pass Ryeohyun, who still on her trance. Her eyes twinkle and a small grin enlightens her face.

       "Come on, young lady. Help me set the table while I get the dishes from the kitchen."

       Sliding the door close with her two hand, Ryeohyun left it with a slight ajar - letting the cool breeze in. "Okay."

       "Are you cooking?"

       "Well, I am. Don't complain and just eat," Kyuhyun has uneasy facial expression on. He casts his eyes down on his food, avoiding his daughter's gaze - embarrassment creeps upon his face.

       Ryeohyun chuckles inwardly as she witnesses her dad's red face. She then tastes the nearest food serving on the table, "Well, it's not that bad. It's quite delicious."

       Kyuhyun lifts his head in an instant; his eyes sparkle, "Really? Thanks." He widens his grin. Ryeohyun nod, smile sweetly to him.

       "But... Ryeowook's food must be far better than mine, right? Far delicious than mine." Kyuhyun states the fact without breaking his grin on his face.

       "Of course it is. You can't just take that title from him with a little amount of time to practice."

       "8 years are a long period of time," Kyuhyun defends himself.

       "Indeed, it is. I guess you have to practice harder, then." Ryeohyun answers with a slight challenging tone.

       "It wastes my time. I have a pile of works waiting for me at the hospital. Ah, before I forget about this completely, Siwon-hyung wants you to call your dad."

       Ryeohyun hits her forehead slightly. "Right, thanks for reminding me." She quickly touches the no.1 keypad on the touch-screen device and waiting patiently. Kyuhyun watches her intently over the table.

       "Hi, Daddy!"

       "Hi, sweetheart! I thought you have completely forgotten about me. Glad to hear your voice," the chirping voices of Ryeowook burst through the speakers. "What are you doing?"

       "I'm having a dinner. Have you eaten yet?" Ryeohyun smiles sheepishly; acknowledging the fact she almost forgotten about it but there's no way she's gonna admit that. Her pride doesn't let her.

       Ryeowook chooses not to answer the question instead, "Are you dining out with Siwon?"

       "No, we're not dining out and I'm with Siwon-Appa's friend."

       "Where's Siwon, though? Why he leaves you with his friend? His friend... he doesn't do anything to you, right?" Ryeowook panics a little, his voice goes a little higher each time.

       "He has urgent matter to attend. Yes, there's nothing to worry about. If Siwon-Appa trust his friend to be with me then I guess I have to trust Siwon-Appa's decision. Besides, his friend seems nice except he is a little expressionless." Ryeohyun chuckles lightly.

       The nerve of this kid!  Nevertheless, Kyuhyun doesn't seem to be bother by the incessant comment.

       "Fine, then. Don't stay up so late. I love you, sweetheart." Ryeowook gives up; he doesn't want to argue - he can just trust Siwon like his daughter trust the taller male.

       "I love you more. Please, eat something?"

       "Alright, I eat something... later. Don't be mad," Ryeowook whines cutely. Kyuhyun could see clearly Ryeowook is making that pouting face now.

       "I know you are pouting right now. I don't care. Just eat something. You are to skinny."

       "Okay I will, Ryeohyun. Satisfied now?" defeated, Ryeowook replies.

       "Better, thanks. Have a decent meal." Ryeohyun orders Ryeowook.

       "Okay."

       Ryeohyun waits for Ryeowook to hang up first before she looks over Kyuhyun; who has an amused expression on his features. She just smiles.

       "Can we go out tonight, if that's okay with you?"

       "Sure, where do you want to go?"

       "Night market." Ryeohyun's face lit up as she responds eagerly.

       Kyuhyun looks upon the clock hanging on the wall. 9.00 PM - "Okay. Just finish this up. Take a shower, dress up and we're ready to go. Oh, do you have any clothes to change into? I didn't see any bag with you?"

       "I have a bag with me. I left it on the sofa when we first came to your apartment. Maybe, that's why you didn't notice it. So, can I take a shower first?"

       "Probably. Okay, the bathroom is inside the bedroom. Be careful," Kyuhyun insists.

       Both stand up; with different business to attend. While waiting for Ryeohyun finishes showering, Kyuhyun begins cleaning the mess and wipe the table. It's not like there are no other bathroom - in fact his apartment has two; he just takes a liking on the spacious glassy blue tiles the master bathroom offers.