Guilt and Yearn

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

"  Your tears that falls are like rain that doesn't stop


They seeped through me; my heart is stabbed again  "

 

 

       Kibum fetches Heechul up at his shooting set after the elder has finished his schedule for the day and heads to Ryeowook's house after buying a lunch for them. Siwon asks him earlier if he could buy them some meals if he is going to come there afterwards. Sitting on a couch at Ryeowook's apartment, Kibum plays with a cube puzzle game on the table.

       "What are you doing here?"

       "Nothing, just try to solve the cube." Bringing the cube down, Kibum faces Ryeohyun. "I think we need to talk."

       Blankly stares at the man in front her, Ryeohyun questions, "About what?"

       "About your issue."

       "And my issue is..." There is confusion on her hazel eyes as she's looking at the elder male. 

       "Or maybe it is our issue."

       Whatever it is, she knows immediately that she wouldn't like it. "Our... issue?"

       Opting for a silence, Kibum drops his head down to the floor. Closing his eyes briefly, he opens his mouth only to shut it again. Out of a sudden, he feels a lump forming in his throat. The architect isn't sure how to address the matter; one thing's for sure, he knows he would feel agonized as long he isn't clear about the whole situation. Silence creeps between them as if dropping a needle would serve as a cue. One would think that maybe she's just too small, too young to comprehend the adult and their complicated stuffs, but there is time where the little girl would always give the architect a cold shoulder whenever he's around.

       Ryeohyun breaks the unnerving silence, "Donghae-Appa might come in any minutes now."

       "I'm sorry Ryeohyun."

       Without sparing any glances, Ryeohyun walks closer to the sliding door that decorated with grommet-top panels on the floor-length curtains.

       "Please, don't make this is harder than it is." Standing, Kibum makes Ryeohyun unconsciously moves a few steps away as if the precarious distance will do damage to both of them.

       Identifying the metallic silver car in front of the house, Ryeohyun faces Kibum; speaking with a gentle voice, "I'm sorry if I don't feel the same way." Bowing slightly to Kibum, Ryeohyun excuses herself, "Have a nice day, Kibum-Appa."



       Donghae pulls his car up short in front of the entrance when he sees Ryeohyun walks calmly towards the car.

       Ryeohyun begged him half an hour earlier to take her to amusement park. Sensing the girl has something to get it off from her chest; Donghae agreed immediately as she never asks anything, unless there is something going on. True to his assumption, running away from Kibum - the composer recognizes the younger's car in the frontyard - is something Ryeohyun likes to do whenever the male shows up in front of her. Donghae is pretty sure that the others have been acknowledging the subtle actions from both of them.

       Ryeowook is the first one to notice this and decides that he doesn't want to push Ryeohyun to talk about it. He knows the latter will be affected, so he will be waiting at the side line - comforting her until he is sure his daughter is fine. He won't push her instead he stays by her side patiently. And eventually, everyone knows this and yet no one knows what has happened exactly. Not when Ryeohyun is an expert at avoiding things, and the quiet Kibum won't let anything slip from him certainly didn't help the situation.

       Driving out from the house, Donghae cast a side-way glance towards the occupant on the passenger seat, "Amusement park?"

       Ryeohyun simply nods, looking over the window and lays her head on the back of the seat before closing her eyes momentarily.

       She doesn't know when she falls asleep - must be in Donghae-Appa's car, she assumed. The car is no longer on the road, but the radio has shuts off. Slowly, she opens her eyes only to be shut again abruptly; surprised to see Donghae's face five inches from her.

       "Donghae-Appa!" she yelps while both her hands shielding her eyes.

       "What?" Bending his body slightly on the side of the passenger seat, Donghae looks amused towards the smaller. 

       "What are you trying to do?"

       "I was trying to wake you up. We've reached the amusement park."

       "Fine. Step back."

       Not budging, Donghae stays in his position. "I'm warning you. Step back."

       The composer wants to tease the girl a bit more; he slowly backs in only to reduce silently the distance - closer towards the latter. Catching on the game the male decides to play, Ryeohyun kicks Donghae on the leg, hard.

       Staggering male crouch his body in pain and a cry escapes, supporting his weight on the passenger's door behind his back. "Ryeohyun!"

       Faking the innocence, she smiles sweetly, "What?"








       Yesung barges into Kyuhyun's apartment while the lanky male in the bathroom. Rummaging through the fridge for something edible, Yesung makes brunch meals for both of them.

       "How the hell did you get in?" A towel rests briefly on his wet hair.

       "With a key. I have already washed the rice. Can you put it on the rice cooker?"

       "What key?" Standing on the entrance of the kitchen, he crosses his arm across the chest. The towel has been abandoned on the stool near to the countertop.

       "Yours."

       "Kim Jongwoon!" Narrowing his eyes, Kyuhyun screams his cousin's name in frustration.

       "What? I'm a little busy right now. Can't you see?" Yesung can see the lanky male is fuming with anger, but he ignores him completely, attending matter at hand. Well, technically it's Cho Jongwoon, not Kim Jongwoon.

       Feels defeated, Kyuhyun takes the pot of rice in the sink and places it on the rice cooker.

       "I make a copy." Kyuhyun makes no remarks instead he goes to the fridge for an apple to bite. Stirring a soup on the stove, Yesung softly mutters, "I thought if I miss you, I can visit your apartment."

       "Did you... come to visit then?"

       Tilting his head side to side, "I can't." And before Kyuhyun can give any proper reaction, a huge smile plastered on Yesung's feature, directed at the younger, "Let's go to the amusement park. It's my treat."

       "What are you - a 10 year-old boy?"

       "I can't afford to treat you if I am a boy, don't you think so?"



       Kyuhyun does not want to believe this is might actually a coincidence but again, everything that happened lately has been just mere coincidence, right? There is no way the second visit at the hospice or either the party are planned, right?

       It is near impossible to plan the meeting at the night market above all of it.

       How irony it is sound now.

       From afar, he can see clearly that his little daughter is waiting outside the ice cream parlor. She just stares at the ice cream in her hand until Donghae taps her shoulder - telling her that he has done paying, and they can enjoy eating on the bench.

       "Did you want me to meet someone?"

       "Who'd you want to meet anyway?" Facing Kyuhyun, the lawyer trails his eyes to Kyuhyun's direction and surprised can't mask his features. Dumbstruck, Yesung continues staring at the pair without realizing Kyuhyun has leaves him, heading to the ice cream parlor.

       Donghae who happens to tilt his head slightly on his left-side stays rooted to the ground when he is aware of the lawyer presence. He widens his eyes at the sight of a lanky male who holds two cones of ice cream striding towards Yesung.

       Ryeohyun who walks ahead from Donghae realizes the latter has halted - turning herself around; Ryeohyun drags the composer with her only to find her real father standing ten feet away from them. The four have a staring contest with each other while the intensity of it dissipating each passing seconds.

       Ryeohyun then backs away as she walks to the bench mildly and start his chocolate ice cream, leaving everyone behind. Unconsciously, the striding Kyuhyun pulls Yesung along with him towards the guy in front of them.


       "She has some issue back at home. It's not Ryeowook-related. It's someone else." Donghae explains deliberately to the pair when Yesung inquires the latter while Kyuhyun offers the vanilla ice cream on his right hand to his cousin. Taking it gladly, he and Donghae both walks away from Kyuhyun when they agree to leave the lanky male - using a signal. Not that the sign is necessary; Kyuhyun has been in his own world as they start talking to each other. Besides, Kyuhyun doesn't seem to mind their business. Nonetheless he catches every sentence.

       Pacing towards the bench, he rests down next to the girl - eating the ice cream without paying attention to her but the crowds around them.

       After some time, Ryeohyun leans against Kyuhyun; facing the male. By now, all the ice cream are both have finished.

       The little girl watches her father intently, all the uneasiness from earlier, the pent-up frustration that she suppresed all this while melding with the guilt that brewing her veins has inflicted upon her a lump on the throat.

       Strange warm feeling starts to edge in, leaving her slightly disconcerts. What has happened? 

       Out of her conscience, Ryeohyun traces every outlines on the man's face. "I like your eyes." The finger goes down to the bridge of a nose, "I like your nose. I like your lips. I like your smile." Almost fluttering, she touches the face with both hands on each side of cheek, "I like your face. I like everything." She concludes with beautiful smile frames her face.

       Startled, Kyuhyun does the same thing. He thinks he must have been out of his mind when his finger dances around the smaller face. "I like your eyes, too. I like your nose, too. I like your lips, too." Sudden overwhelming within him stops him in the mid-sentence. His finger lingers on the right cheek. "I like your smile, too. I like your face, too." A tear flows from the girl's eyes, "I like everything, too."

       Kyuhyun notices that tears have stained his face the moment he had paused in the middle yet he continues the action despite the images in front of him getting blurry. In the end, they both are crying mess. Ignoring the crowd, they hug each other tightly while crying their eyes out.

       They must have been missing out each other too much.



       The duo who are seating across the father and daughter watch the heart-breaking scene. Donghae's heart is bruising each passing seconds when he sees Kyuhyun's tears while rubbing gently on Ryeohyun's backside - reassuring her without uttering any words.

       Yesung thinks if love is a wondrous work of arts then the emotional roller coaster that experienced by Kyuhyun and Ryeohyun must be too wondrous to classify as affection.

       Too wondrous that it hurts both of them.

       Too wondrous that it affects people who are watching them.

       Too wondrous that it stirs the heart of a person who is closed with them.