Night Market

Be Extant, Stay Around

 

     
       The night market seems alive with indistinct noises of people talking everywhere; bargaining, yelling or simply conversing.

       Kyuhyun make a mission for both of them - a mission to make the trip more interesting. Kyuhyun has to buy a giraffe stuffed toys for Ryeohyun while Ryeohyun needs to find a purple bracelet for the exchange.

       It's all on Kyuhyun and they walk side by side while holding each other hand. The first one who completes the mission has to tell the other 10 things about their ownself. Soon, their little game starts. Kyuhyun distracts Ryeohyun when he sees a stall with many stuffed toys by lifting her - the stall is back-facing Ryeohyun.

       Startled Ryeohyun doesn't have time to respond when suddenly Kyuhyun put her down in front of a drinking stall. Ryeohyun concludes that Kyuhyun must be very thirsty.

       "There should be stuffed-toys stall somewhere here," Ryeohyun whines.

       "How would you know? And why should giraffe stuffed toys found first before the bracelet?"

       "Well, it should be... because the stuffed toys attract more people than those girly bracelets. I want to win this silly game."

       "If it silly, you shouldn't bother yourself to win." If Kyuhyun feels slightly offended by Ryeohyun's  comment, he certainly doesn't show it. Besides, he already knows that the game is silly.

       Told you, so!  His mind retorts.

       Feel bad for blurting the words out, Ryeohyun remains silence while darting her eyes everywhere looking for the stuffed toys.

       "Ryeohyun, look! It's the purple bracelet," Kyuhyun exclaims cheerily. Alarm by the cry of her name, Ryeohyun looks over Kyuhyun; who is pointing towards a certain stall ahead of them.

       The running male securely grab the girl by her wrist and Ryeohyun has no choice but to follow without stumbling herself on the crowded street.

       "Pick one." Ryeohyun travels her eyes from one bracelet to another. She finds two that attract her eyes and she still debating which one she should buy - it's Kyuhyun's money, anyway.

       "Which one is better?" Ryeohyun brings them up.

       A white silver chain with three small purple balls in between is in her right hand. Kyuhyun notices there is a small silver love symbol at the end of it. He examines the other one - the chain is made up by tiny butterfly, arranging themselves with the different ranges of purple; from bright lavender to a purple-like-heart color and the pattern goes on.

       Kyuhyun watches her before he gestures the one on her left hand. "Aunty, we want this." Ryeohyun put both bracelet down before she brings up the butterfly one with his right hand forward.

       Kyuhyun pays for it when the owner of the stall praises his daughter, "You have a very beautiful daughter, young man." Kyuhyun blushes.

       "She takes after my significant other's beauty."

       "Then, your significant other must be a very beautiful person. You're lucky, young man." Ahjumma praises him, realizing the term young man is using.

       "Indeed, I am. Thanks." Kyuhyun waves her.




       They stop at one of the late-night snack stall. "Aren't you tired?"

       "No." Ryeohyun admits. She has makes herself accustomed to this. Kyuhyun orders some drinks and snacks for both of them.

       "I guess you win the game. Papa, I'm sorry for the word 'silly game' just now. I didn't mean it that way," Ryeohyun fidgets slightly on her seat.

       "It's alright. Let's not make a big fuss about it, okay. Plus, you've got yourself a beautiful girly bracelet." Kyuhyun smirks at her. "Now, It's time for your punishment."

       "You better take note all of this though," Serious tone of hers apparent in her voice.



       1. I can sing and I play piano pretty well.

       "Ryeowook taught you?" Ryeohyun nods only to state, "Only the piano part."



       2. I love maths - I want to excel in it! I like drawing, too.

       "You are sure have many talents. You should really thank us both."

       "I know. I always say that to Daddy. I just didn't have any chances to tell you up till now. So, thank you." Ryeohyun briefly answers, blushing a little.



       3. Daddy is partnered with Zhoumi-Appa and together they make their own clothes line.

        "Why mention his name and whoever he is in?" Kyuhyun interrupts her.

        "It's my life. I can tell anything I want to you. Besides, you don't actually set any topic I should stay away from."


 
        4. Every once in a while, we visit this house of patients who has been involved with serious accidents.

        "I will take you there tomorrow. But we have to wake up early because there are a lot of things we need to do before heading there. You can do that for me, right?"

        "As early as...?"

         "8 AM? I don't care. You have to agree with this. You don't have any option," Ryeohyun adds quickly. Kyuhyun can't really reject her proposition when this little girl of his is as stubborn as Ryeowook or himself; or perhaps, the combination of both. He breathes a long sigh.

         "Okay."


 
       5. I go to school by Daddy's car. After that, someone will pick me up; they even have schedule for that.

       They are on their way to their next location - a tower; viewing the magnificent night of Seoul from the bird point of view.

       "Schedule to pick you up? Wow! You're surely treated like a princess. They are protective over you," Kyuhyun sharply comments.

       "It's not my fault they want to be a little protective over me!" Ryeohyun defends and with a calm voice she replies, "I supposed, it makes them feel more secure after what had happened to me last two months."

       The news nearly makes Kyuhyun lost his focus momentarily as he diverts the car slightly over the other lane and fortunately he manages to stay in the right track again. When he feels secure, he makes a quick look-over towards his daughter with an anxiety written all over his face.

       What had happened? - His voice stuck in his throat. Ryeohyun leans over and squeezes Kyuhyun's left hand which is on the steering wheel.

       "It's a long story. Don't worry, I'll tell you when we has a chance to meet. It's fine now. So, stop worrying yourself." Ryeohyun genuinely smiles to him.


 
       6. We always go to Uncle Taemin's house every fortnight. Thus, we decide to stay overnight every time we come to visit.

       "You mean you go to your grandparents' house?"

       "Technically Uncle Taemin lives with them, so yeah."

 

       7. Kibum-Appa built our penthouse. Its near our house. It has everything including Daddy's 'studio'; according to him.

       "It's not a studio for recording or some sort. It's a place where he can actually work in peace. Daddy insists in calling it as his 'studio', though. And because the exterior of the place looks like a hut, everyone keeps teasing him for that." Ryeohyun explains.

       "It's not really a hut, then?"

       "No, it's not. There are hardly any wood on it. It's what people like to call as an optical illusion. It makes you see like it is a wood but when you observe it closely, there are no woods at all. Besides, the interior design is far mesmerizing than the outer look."



       8. On next Wednesday, Daddy has an interview with a famous magazine. Initially, they want to broadcast this interview but Daddy politely refuse it.

       Observing the night life of Seoul, Kyuhyun speaks without breaking his eyes from the view - it's fascinating.

       "Why he refuses?"

       "I think we both know why." A fact that very well known to the both of them - of course Ryeowook doesn't want to expose himself.

       "And I support his decision because... I don't really want to share my Daddy with everyone else."

       Kyuhyun doesn't see it coming. In actuality, he never thought this girl capable of thinking as far as this. He smiles a little.

       "It's alright. He's all yours. I'll make sure that."



       9. Currently, everyone insists in building a summer house; well equipped to everyone's liking - so, everyone can gather there. They will come over to my house next week to make a final decision.

       "The exact date is?" Kyuhyun inquires the details.

       "I don't exactly sure. I think maybe on Friday night. Everyone frees on that night and they always come to our penthouse on every Friday nights, now I do realize."



       10. I discover this wonderful place. It's a place where Daddy's likes to go whenever he feels like life is crushing down on him. The place make you feel like you are in water - without getting yourself wet; there also stars twinkle around you.

       Heading back to his apartment, Kyuhyun notices the digital clock on his car turns from blue color to green - indicates that it is now midnight.

       Ryeohyun is now in her dreamland. Exhausted written on her face - she looks peaceful and beautiful, too. Kyuhyun hums to himself along the journey to his apartment. He tries to memorize every details the little girl had said.

       He unexpectedly becomes aware of the line goes longer each time. Such a smart daughter you are.

       Out all of the things he memorize over and over again, the last information has makes him a little confused. It's in the riddle and he can't figure it out yet. He decides he will do some thinking tomorrow since he can't make his brain cooperate after such a long journey he has made today.

        Kyuhyun carries Ryeohyun in bridal style and he closes his car with his right leg. Fumbling through the keys, he succeeds in locking his car at he parking lot.

        Again upon reaching in front of his apartment, he struggles to unlock the door.

        "Congratulations to you." Kyuhyun congratulates himself once he steps into his apartment after 10 minutes standing outside unsteadily.

        He closes the door and heading straight to his bedroom - putting Ryeohyun down onto the mattress gently.

        He makes sure he locks his front door before he proceeds in making Ryeohyun feels comfortable on the bed. He covers her with blanket and kisses her on forehead; muttering, "Have a nice dream, my little princess."

        He switches the light off as soon as he closes the door. After taking a warm bath, he slumps - feeling exhausted, onto the mattress in his guest room. In a matter of seconds the darkness consumed him, shuts the world around him completely.