six

Me & You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Wait!" I froze on the spot. Man, I almost got away! "What's your name?" He asked. It caught me off guard.

I replied with silence. What should I do? If I say Ha Eun will he start mocking me again? Aish, why should I care about what he thinks? His opinion is not important! But I'm already doing this for him... "Ashley unni!" My reflex made me turn around just when Yunhee called me by my English name. "Oh, there you are!" Yunhee and Hoseok stood by the stairs, both of them looking at them mischievously. "Ashley? What a nice name. I'm Taehyung." I saw Taehyung's cheeks turning slightly red. Is he blushing? I bit my lip, reminding myself not to laugh.

"Nice to meet you, oppa. I'm Yunhee. This is Ashley, my cousin from the States." Yunhee said. Then it hit me. Wait, Ashley? Me? "No, I-"

"I've noticed you've met my lovely cousins. Yunhee is taken, but Ashley is available."  I rolled my eyes towards my brother. Hoseok slyly grinned. They're throwing me into this! Yunhee nodded, saying yes to his statement.

“You know the girl. Pretty, stylish and confident. One of a kind.”

“Flirting is like playing tug of war. If you play your cards right, you'll get him in no time."

"Jung Ha Eun, I hate you! I'm so going to make you fall in love with me until you cry like hell when I dump you!" An image of Taehyung looking down on me appeared. My pride has taken over me. Oh yeah? I won’t let it happen!

“Cool and y, huh? I’ll do that.” I blurted, not realizing I almost said it pretty out loud. Everybody turned to me, wondering why I am fidgeting. Blame myself for spilling my own thoughts. Thank God Taehyung only heard the last sentence.

“So it’s settled then. All of us will be at the camp.” Hoseok announced. My eyebrows met again. Wait. What? What camp?

This habit of mine has got to go.

 

 

Sunmi zipped my bag after we were done packing my things. Yunhee and Sunmi made sure that I only brought Ashley’s clothes, not Ha Eun’s clothes. What’s the difference? They’re both me! I sighed.

After Taehyung left, I got a chance to understand what was going on the other day. It turns out Taehyung came to invite Hoseok to join the Seoul youth summer camp. He purposely made me served the drinks to show the new me to Taehyung.

As for Yunhee, she blurted that I was Ashley so Taehyung won’t judge me as Ha Eun. She wanted me to create a good first impression on him. I was contemplating on whether to continue acting as Ashley, because wouldn’t that be cheating? Yunhee said no. “Technically you’re the same person. The only difference was the name you used; Ashley Jung in the States and Jung Ha Eun in Korea. Whoever wins the bet, it’s still you right?”

She’s right. It’s not cheating. I’m just using an alias. I assured myself. Taehyung won’t see it coming. My desire was not to win the bet, but to teach him a lesson.

“Unni, come on.” Yunhee motioned me to take my bag. The boys were already waiting in the car. Yes, Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter