thirty two

Me & You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ha Eun stirred her drink using the straw. Ironically, they have been in this position before. Same cafe, same companion but a different time. Today, they came here after school. Last time, they sat down after dark.

Jin tried to restrain himself from fidgeting too much. "How are you?" He asked cautiously. He has been aware of Ha Eun and Taehyung's incident. Sohee kept her end of bargain fortunately, yet he felt restless after that. His desire was arguing with his conscience, debating the righteousness of his deed. The consuming guilt was what driven him to see Hoseok and confessed everything. That's how he come to see her today. "I want to apologize about you and Taehyung. I didn't mean to tell Sohee about..."

"Enough." Ha Eun spoke. "It's bound to happen anyway. It's only a matter of time before he found out." She kept her face stoic, unreadable by Jin. She looked lifeless though. She's affected. His conscience was right. What he thought would bringing her closer to him was actually drifting them apart.

Ha Eun took another sip of her drink. Jin watched her intensely. The girl he once knew was different from the one sitting in front of her. Her bubbly personality was gone. He was determined to solve the mystery.

"Did something happen to you after I left?" Ha Eun got startled. She lifted her gaze slightly, then quickly looks away.

"Something did." Jin concluded. "Why didn't you tell me?" He demanded an answer. Whatever happened back then must've given a great impact on her. The reason why she opted for playing nerd when she wasn't one to begin with. He hoped that at least she would tell him. "As a friend. Please?"

Ha Eun trusted Jin no matter what. She knew him well. Her kind nature made her believe Jin could understand her. She inhaled deeply.

 

 

"Please accept this." A boy named Junhong reached out to her with a purple envelope in his hand. The girls were ecstatic at witnessing the scene, envying the lucky girl. "Thank you." Ha Eun took out one hand, properly accepting the letter from him. Junhong's cheeks were tinted red, getting overwhelmed by the positive response.

That was the third letter she received this week. It was nothing new, yet she still can't get used to it.

It started after she became a sophomore. Her fifteenth birthday just passed, a week before White Day. She had her braces removed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter