sixteen

Me & You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Summer break is over. School starts again.

I will see him again. Ha Eun sighs. She stood before the main school building. Students are going in, coming back after the long holiday. Most of them reunited with their friends, catching up with each other.

“Are you okay?” Hoseok came to her side, followed by Sunmi.  

Hoseok appears at the door. He carries his bag with him. Ha Eun returned a day earlier, avoiding any contact from Taehyung. Hoseok looks a bit tired. Ha Eun offered to take her brother’s load for him.

“Your laundry is much more than mine, oppa. Are you trying to-“

“Ha Eun,” Hoseok looked into her eyes. “I gave him the letter.”

Ha Eun looked away. She knew her brother can read her. Brotherly instincts, as he called it. “And?” That’s what all she could say. She did not dare to ask more, for she already knows the answer.

She told Taehyung that she was going back to the States. With that, she did not want to see him again. The relationship was temporary. A fling, she wrote it.

Hoseok did not answer. He turned his sister to face him. He embraced her in a hug. “Cry. Let it out. It’ll make you feel better.” It was all he said. Hoseok knew Ha Eun was not the person to end things easily. But this is the one decision she has to make. She chose to step down, even though she‘s the one who ends up hurt. Her kind nature allows her to do so.

Ha Eun burst into tears. She buried her face into his chest. Hoseok did nothing, except patting her back gently.

“Everything’s going to be okay. I promise.”    

“I’m okay.” Ha Eun grew a smile. “Let’s go in, we’ll be late. Bye, oppa!” Ha Eun dragged Sunmi away, parting with her brother who was going to a different building.

 

 

Taehyung wiped his sweat. The soccer practice finally ended. The members rushed to the shower, cleaning up after the long hours of training. The changing room was chaotic as always. The boys’ antics are living up the place.

“Give me back my chocolate!” Yoongi shouted, going after Junghwan. Junghwan threw the chocolate to Yunyoung. Yunyoung passed it to Chanwoo, trapping Yoongi in the middle. Chanwoo was about to pass it back to Yunyoung when Namjoon intercepts him.

“Cut it out. He’ll get cranky.” Namjoon said, giving the chocolate bar to Yoongi. “Thanks, Namjoon. You’re the best!” Yoongi replied, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter