twenty one

Me & You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung blew a raspberry. He was lying on his back, staring at the ceiling of his bedroom. Boredom often hits him lately. He finished his homework on time, which is out of the norm for him.

Ashley. I wonder how she’s doing. Does she remember me the way I did?

Until today, he is still clueless of why she left. He had no means to contact her, neither her phone number nor email address. Ashley was never mentioned again, as if she disappeared from the earth. The remaining trace of her was only memories of them together.

Ha Eun. Her image pops into his mind. A total opposite to her cousin, Ha Eun was sassier despite her humble appearance. Ashley was soft spoken yet attractive in her own way.

I’m home alone and I’m thinking of no one but her. This is weird.

“I need some fresh air.” He decided.

 

 

“Thanks for the dinner, Mrs. Jung.” Jin wiped the corner of his mouth with a napkin. Ha Eun assists her mother in collecting the dirty plates to the sink. Hojun did his share by cleaning the table.

“Seokjin grew up well. He looks so handsome now, don’t you think so darling?” Mrs. Jung said, exchanging glances with her daughter. Ha Eun chuckled. “Don’t flatter him, mum. He’s going to get cocky. He already has enough compliments from the girls in school.”

“As if. Oppa is jealous because Jin hogs all the attention.” Ha Eun butts in, adding more to Hoseok’s comment. “I am not! Having Sunmi is enough for me.”

“Yeah, right. I’m going to tell on Sunmi if you flirt with any of those girls.”

“Hey, don’t spread rumours on me! I love my Sunmi dearly.”

“I swear if I hear you-“

“Can’t hear you…“ Hoseok closes both his ears and stuck out his tongue. “Umma!”

I’ll never get tired of that. Ha Eun and Hoseok always bicker with each other for as long as he can remember. Old habits die hard. Mr. Jung and Hojun already settled down in the living room, playing their game of scrabbles. Hojun was still a baby when he last saw him. Now he’s a big boy.

Jin cleared his throat.

“Mrs. Jung, do you mind if I take Ha Eun out for a drink?” He spoke.

“Sure. Have her back before ten.” Mrs. Jung gave her approval. She knew Jin as her friend’s son. He and Ha Eun grew up together, along with Hoseok before they moved to the States. Jin is a nice boy and he still is.

 

 

Jin took Ha Eun to the nearest café in town. The two walks into the cosy atmosphere, greeted by the pleasant aroma of roasted coffee beans.

“Good evening. May I take your order?”

“One mocha and one cappuccino. Thank you.” Jin being the gentleman makes the order. Ha Eun hid her smile beneath her lowered gaze. He still remembers my favourite.

“Four years and you haven’t changed.” Ha Eun blurted. She gazed upon the bustling city outside of the window. It was school night, but not for the adults. They have the privilege to roam the city doing whatever they wish to, even when the night falls. “Yup. I’m still me.” He said. “But you’ve changed.”

Ha Eun turned back to Jin. “Me?”

The conversation briefly interrupted by the waiter serving their drinks. Jin waited for him to pass before he continues. “There’s something different about you. You used to be cheerful and smiled a lot, but not anymore.”

Ha Eun looked away. What he said triggered her memory. The part she did not wish to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter