ten (EXTENDED)

Me & You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jin untied his blindfold, finally regaining his sight. He felt the burning heat from the sunlight, despite night time is approaching. "You've worked hard, everyone. Take a rest." He told his teammates. He was appointed as the team leader during the ice breaking session.

After the blind man's trail, they were told to freshen up and get ready for dinner.

Jin wiped his sweat. His eyes wandered around, looking for someone. Maybe she already went back to her tent. He paused. He rubbed his chest repeatedly. He felt… suffocated? What is wrong with me?

“Hey, you!” Jin turned around only to see a guy with ash brown hair walking towards him. “Did you see Ashley?”

“Who?” Jin raised an eyebrow. He racked his brain, recalling the familiar name. Ashley, Ashley- oh. Ha Eun. “She went back to her tent, I guess?” He answered, sensing uncertainty in his own voice.

“No, she didn’t.” Another voice interrupted. Two voices actually. “I came back first. She’s not there.” Sunmi confirmed. Taehyung turned to Hoseok. So did Sunmi. Hoseok turned to Jin.

Jin pressed his lips into a thin line. Sweat trickled down his forehead. Not because of fatigue, but because of the feeling he failed to ignore. The queasiness. His stomach churning and twisting into knots. Call him crazy. It’s a sign. I have to go back.

“Jin! Where are you going?!”

 

 

“Ha Eun…”

I heard someone calling me. Is it real? Or am I dreaming? I am here… My lips parted to speak, but my voice didn’t come out like the way I wanted to.

Everything was not working I wanted. I couldn’t move my body. I couldn’t open my eyes. Everything was dark, of course. Help me!

“Ha Eun!”

The voice is getting louder. And nearer. I can’t even decide if my mind is playing tricks on me. What is this? Hallucinations? A dream? Illusion? Am I dead?!

“Ha Eun! Ha Eun! Wake up! Do you hear me?” I felt someone shaking my body vigorously. It worked though, because my eyes were forced to flutter open.

“Ha Eun! Thank God!” The person hugged me tightly, as if he or she will not be able to see me again. It took me a while to regain my vision due to my teary eyes. “W-who…?”

“It’s me, Jin.” He said, panting in between his breaths. “Are you okay? Can you get up?”

“Jin? I-“ I winced at the sudden strain on my ankle. It was already swollen, shown with a clear bruise mark. I closed my eyes again, bearing the pain seeping through my veins. “I don’t think I can-“ Before I could finish sentence, Jin already lifted me up in his arms. I have no idea he was that strong. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck due to my own reflex.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter