thirty seven

Me & You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Really?" Ha Eun nodded. "He thought you and Jin... He's getting jealous, isn't he?" Sunmi's face lit up after hearing her story. Jin listened quietly, chuckling by himself. It takes a guy to know what another guy is thinking. "I don't think so. He’s still upset after what I did." Ha Eun blew a raspberry, completely oblivious of the whole situation. She finally got used to his ignorance but then he helped her yesterday. He was being unpredictable again. I'm confused.

"I don't know." She muttered, getting up from her seat. Sunmi continues her conversation with Hoseok and Jin while she visits the meal counter. "Ahjumma, give me an orange juice please."

"Yah, Jung Ha Eun!" She turned around only to be splashed by water. Her hair and shirt was completely drenched, but most of all she was shocked. People turned their heads towards the direction, witnessing the dramatic scene.

"Oh, my bad. I didn't see you there." Sohee laughed, followed by her friends Ga In and Minjung. "Feeling not so great right now, aren’t you?" She snickered, taking one step forward. "Just because you changed your name and looks doesn't mean you get to be popular. You're still a pathetic nerd to me." She threw daggers at Ha Eun with her gaze.

"Look at her. She's as if she saw a ghost." Ga In teased. Ga In was right. Her face just went pale.

No. This can't be happening. Ha Eun felt her body trembling. The past memories haunted her mind like they always did. Her vision went blurry with her tears welling up. Her shoulders went up and down as her breathing started going unsteady. "Don't." Hoseok stopped Sunmi and Jin from going to help her.

"Drop your innocent act. I'm sick of it." Sohee hissed. Ha Eun closed her eyes. "Running away won't solve the problem. You need to face you fears and get rid of it for good." Hoseok's words echoes inside her head. "You can do it."

"S-stop it..."

"What?"

"I said, I had enough." Ha Eun grabs the nearest glass of water and returned the deed. She shrieked. "Yah, Ashley! Jung Ha Eun! You-"

"That's right. I have two names. Ashley Jung and Jung Ha Eun. Whatever my name is, I'm still me." Sohee blinked, dumbfounded by the sudden courage of hers. Everyone was surprised by the turn of events because no one has ever gone against Sohee before. "I can't change who I was because I'm perfect the way I am. So you and everyone else should start treating me like a person. About this," She glanced at the empty glass in her hand. "Sorry. They say what goes around comes around."

Her speech ended with the sound of awe from the crowd. Ga In and Minjung whimpered beside Sohee, already foreseeing the wrath of hers. "You-"

Pak!

She heard their loud gasps. Ha Eun turned back to find Sohee's shocked face and him standing in between them. A slight mark of red waa imprinted on his left cheek. "I d-didn't mean to... Taehyung..."

"Satisfied?"

 

 

Too much drama. That was all she concluded. Until now, she was caught in a daze. Sohee's attack, her newfound confidence and Taehyung getting hit in her place. She left the scene soon after, ref

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter