- F i n a l H a p p y E n d i n g -

Permanent Devotion [[Complete]]
Irresponsible.
Ignorant.
That’s what I am.
I apologize, my dear readers for the super late update.
The ideas of mine found a way to exit my brain in the past few weeks.
If this is a crap update, blame the music. U-Kiss’s ManManHani.
I know! Not really in a saddened mood neh?
-=-=-=-

It seems like Mia’s undying love for JaeJoong has paid off and her willingness to live for him helped her make the decision—the decision to finally take another heart and replace her own. The fear of surviving this was at an all time high, event the fans who supported Mia, knew when and where this operation was held. They would send her some flowers, medicines and valuable little stuff that each and every one of them bought with their own money.
It would give her encouragement and the little string of hope.
“Hmm…” Mia stirred in her bed, twisted and turned. This alerted the tired JaeJoong who walked immediately by her side.
He has stopped.
All of his activities have stopped for moment. It gives him more time to pay attention to Mia, the person who needed more support than anyone else.
“Mia? Are you okay?” no matter how tired he was, he wasted no time with Mia. He would spend his days with her, every minute with her to show her how much she means to him. The feeling of knowing that the one you love is about to go… was worse than murdered.
When that person dies, a big block of your heart tends to go with the person you wholly gave it to. And there was no chance of getting that back.
“Hmm…” Mia continued with her grunts that got JaeJoong worried.
“Mia?” he shook her body lightly, he grasped upon her hands to feel that they were clammy. JaeJoong’s heartbeat increased “Mia? Can you hear me?”
Slowly, she fluttered her eyelids open with tears following right after, JaeJoong sighed in relief and tensed again when he was finally aware of the tears that just continued to flow down her milky white cheeks.
“JaeJoong… stop it.” Mia whispered harshly.
“What? Stop what?” he asked her with confused eyes. The eyes that always seemed to melt her heart every time she would glance at them. But this time, it was ruined by deep purple bags underneath.
It broke her heart.
“Stop being like this. Go away.” she ordered “I hate seeing you like this.”
“No—”
“YOU’RE TIRED OPPA! I know you’re tired… stop lying to me” the tears continued to cascade down her face “I-If the operation ends up killing me today… I—”
“Now that’s what I’m completely tired of.” He stated sternly without looking at her, instead he stared at the wilted roses at the side of her bed. He couldn’t remember when the last time he changed those was, but it kind of reminded him of Mia. Weaker, duller yet has an important significance. “I’m tired of you always insisting about your death. Maybe you’ve forgotten the reason why were going through this.” JaeJoong sighed. “It’s like you really want to die… to leave me.”
“That’s not it Oppa, you know that. It’s just—” she tried to argue but a headache was overcoming her senses that she couldn’t find the right words to say.
“I’m going out for some air… stay there.” He said in a monotone as he grabbed his coat and walked out of her room. Silent sobs filled the atmosphere until he was gone long enough for her to get back to her slumber. She was afraid, that maybe… she won’t be able to wake up again from all the pain writhing in that one single muscle containing all sorts of emotions.
Young Min entered silently and sat beside her holding a suede box in his hands.
“Mia ssi, this was supposed to be for your birthday… I guess I never got a chance to give it to you.” Young Min opened the box and inside it, was a beautiful silver necklace with her name engraved at the back of the emerald pendant.
“I know I don’t have a chance anymore with you… but I’m still hoping that you’d accept this as a sign of our friendship.” He smiled to himself and took out the necklace from the box. She was deeply asleep that she was inaudible from all sound around her, except for JaeJoong’s voice that is etched inside her dreams. Young Min placed the necklace in her curled palms and sighed.
“Are you nervous about later on? Don’t worry… We’ll do our absolute best. You know I got my father to fly back here from Canada just to operate on you? I know you’ll be fine. My father is one of the best Doctor’s nationwide.” He told her stories of how his day had been, what you’ll probably be doing when you recover from the operation… and somewhere inside Mia, she could hear Young Min’s voice.
It was nice to have someone there, but it was Young Min.
Not JaeJoong.
It was Young Min,
Not. JaeJoong.
The machine beside her suddenly went from normal to eternal sound of nothingness, the long beep of the machine got Young Min stood up and sped down to fetch his father. While, she slept on her bed, for what could be the last time. The doctors fled in and rolled her towards the operating room, to enhance revival.

If it was still possible.

The necklace slipped from her fingertips and she travelled hurriedly to the room where everything could be the end.

-

JaeJoong stood outside breathing in cold air of the harsh outside world, thinking lastly of her argument with Mia. He was willing to stay with her till the last time but she kept on insisting for hm to go, he couldn’t understand it.
Suddenly, his heartbeat sped up for some random reason, and then he automatically knew that something was utterly wrong. His feet took him back into Mia’s room and what he saw made every part of his body shake in fear.
“Where’s Mia?!” e exclaimed and caught a nurse running just behind him. He grabbed her shoulders and looked at her fearlessly.
“Where’s Park Mia?!” he nearly shouted from all the sudden aggravation.
“She’s in the operating room for possible revival and heart replacement.” She answered and escaped from his grip.
“W-What? P-P-Possible revival? What do you mean?” tears overtook him
“From what we predict, she might’ve just had a false alarm but it’s hard to know, her heart just stopped for a couple of minutes. The doctors are operating on her now so don’t worry. Please calm down.” The nurse answered and ran back to where she was heading.
JaeJoong’s knees shook and eventually gave up; he fell on his knees crying to himself regretting whatever he had last said to her. He prayed and prayed for her survival. He stood by the doors of the damned room and stared at it.

“Mia… are you listening to me? It’s me… JaeJoong. Please…” he spoke

“1, 2, 3” the doctor counted each time they pumped her chest, it was doing no good. The frantic scene sent the doctors to sweat.

“I love you… I love you… so much. Mia, live—for me. Live for me Mia please!” he exclaimed and ruffled his hair as the door stayed exactly as it was. He found it frustrating.

“Try again. 1, 2, 3...” The doctors pumped her chest once more. Mia couldn’t feel anything, she was gone. Gone from that room and gone from this earth. Until a voice reached out to her. ‘I love you…’
“Good! We’re getting a pulse!” the doctor’s half rejoiced and continued with their work.

“Mia, you can do this. You can do this!”

-

5 hours have passed and the doctors’ still hasn’t come out, JaeJoong still stood there like a fool waiting for that second when the doors swing open.

And surprisingly, it did.

A doctor ran out with blood smothering his white gloves, he was covered with sweat and a frantic look was stuck on his facial expressions, JaeJoong grabbed his by the arm and swung the doctor to face him, it was brutal enough that some of the blood wiped on his white polo shirt.
“What’s happening to her?” he asked
“She’s lost a lot of blood; I need to hurry to the blood bank. Let go of me sir.” The doctor replied and hurried away.
JaeJoong felt absolutely helpless, everything was falling apart. He could see the doctor run from here to there to find the right blood she needed, but he seemed to fail every time. JaeJoong bawled at the scene presented in front of him, he wiped the blood off of his shirt but none of it left. He wiped harder.
He wiped and wiped until his nails scratched it instead. Before you know it, he was punching himself. The pain that he inflicted upon himself was nothing compared to what was inside of him. The heart that used to be ice has been warmly melted by Mia’s passion for him, and now, it was crumbling into pieces.
A sharp scissor cut it into mini little debris, it froze again.
A few minutes after the other doctor escaped from that horrid room, another one opened the door and revealed himself in front of JaeJoong.
It seemed like world stopped for JaeJoong, because his face was indescribable. He got worried, even more worried than before.
“Doc?” JaeJoong asked just as the other doctor finally arrived with new packs of blood.
“Doc! I’ve got the one’s she needed!” The younger doctor exclaimed and read the facial expression planted on the elder doctor’s face. His hands drew up to where the blood was in the other’s hand and pushed it down. JaeJoong grimaced.
“There’s no need for that anymore.” The elder spoke and walked away.
As the door swung, he could see the lifeless, bloody body of Mia lying down on the operation bed with all the staff cleaning and replacing the operating tools.

The world crumbled upon him, if felt even heavier than anything he has felt before. The plans he had planned for them to do together were ruined. It felt like Kim JaeJoong was also gone too, Mia has taken his heart and it has died along with her. His head spun around as his brain took a lot in such a short period of time, his breathing increased like it was just about to release a powerful blow.

No more Mia…

No more kisses…

No more roses…

No more—

No more—

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

“You know… when the doctor said ‘there’s no need for that anymore’ I actually thought I was going to faint! I felt like nothing, I felt empty because I actually thought she was gone. Then after a few minutes a nurse came out, she saw me crying and bent down. She said ‘why are you crying?’ and she sounded confused. So I got confused too, I was like, why shouldn’t I cry? The girl I love just died! And then I said to her ‘She’s gone. She left me!’ and she said ‘no she didn’t… she’s alive! She didn’t leave you and I know that that would be the last thing she’ll do.’ And then, I gasped. I was crying a lot back then, so my voice got caught in everything I say, I sounded like a drunk man with a lot of hiccups.” He laughed and so did the others around him “Then, after a while, she healed and I was the happiest man in the world.”
Mia smiled back from her seat, it was just a year past from her operation and she had finally fully healed and happy.
“Well, that’s the story! What did you guys think?” The MC asked as she wiped her tears and asked the audience who was also in tears. She took their silence and sobbing as a ‘yes’ “Okay! Well, UP TILL NOW! TVXQ IS STILL GOING STRONG ND SO IS THE FOREVER LOVE COUPLE: MIJOONG!” The MC announced “can we have a kiss?”
Mia smiled and blushed; she looked at JaeJoong he looked like he was up for it, just like any other time. JaeJoong leaned in and pressed his lips against hers, it felt like time has froze that let them feel this way forever.

It was eternal…

It was permanent.

Their hearts were full of… Permanent Devotion.

[[Happy End]]
-=-=-
First ending, this is basically half finished. ^_^.
I hope you guys liked this update!

I’ll comment back next time.

Truly Yours,
Tammy