{ S e c o n d R o s e }

Permanent Devotion [[Complete]]
Yunho dragged Mia’s trembling body inside his car and sped off. The car ride was somewhat awkward yet warm. Yunho’s face was serious with no doubt, his grip on the wheel was firm and tight and his eyes were showing concern. By the time they reached the apartment, Junsu had already turned off the television. The door opened and entered Yunho followed by Mia.
“Hyung! It was no fun! Mia said she likes Donghae! And then she just left… and now she’s with you…” Junsu muttered quickly not even accommodating Mia’s presence.
Changmin and Yoochun stayed silent, ‘why is Mia with Yunho hyung?’ they thought.
Yunho ignored all of their comments while walking towards his room and said “Mia, will you come with me please?” Mia hesitantly followed him then entered. Yunho locked the door and sat down on the edge of the bed while she sat on the chair by his study desk.
“Can you please explain? There’s no way you can deny it now. I know what I saw.” Yunho commanded and Mia flinched at his humourless words.
“I’ve been suffering with Ischaemic Heart disease ever since I was 14. Nobody knows what caused it, I don’t know if my family has it… maybe because my diet was uncontrollable back then, I don’t know…all I know was that I have it. Every now and then my heart would ache, it would burn and sometimes I couldn’t handle the pain anymore.” Mia explained with her head down and tears filled her eyes whilst Yunho continued to sincerely listen. “My parents spent all their hard working money onto me and nothing happened. I would wake them up with my cries and I’ve lost a lot of weight… I tried to continue with my school as normal but these things just keep on disrupting me, I was teased a lot because I was fat back then. They would call me ‘Fatty Mia’ or ‘Pig Mia’ whenever I entered school…and then when I lost a lot of weight they then turned into ‘Chopstick Mia’ either way, I had no escape of it. I grew up on my own, suffering alone… but I didn’t let that stop me from doing things that would fulfil my remaining life. I’m sorry I lied Oppa, I’m not your Manager’s niece.” Mia cried some more, Yunho walked towards her and lifted her chin to face him, Yunho wiped her tears but more kept on coming.
“How did this come through then?” Yunho asked.
“I wrote a letter to SM and my prayers just got answered. This is the last thing I want to do before I leave this Earth. I only wish to meet you and see you. My inspirational idols…but your manager gave me so much more than I wanted.” Mia sobbed.
“Mia, you haven’t been here for long but I consider you as my little sister. Don’t worry…nothing will change. But I know this now… The others should know too.”
“NO! Please don’t tell them anything Oppa! Please! I’m begging you! When they find out, no one would treat me the same. I don’t want to give you any more grief than I already did.” Mia pleaded
“Okay Mia…for you. But they will find out someday. Thank you for trusting me.” Yunho finalized and gave her a brotherly hug before entering the shower. Mia wiped her tears and breathed to retain her composure. She opened the door and walked out calmly; she walked towards the kitchen to make some lunch and could feel the intense glares burning her back.
“Mia ssi, what were you talking about with hyung? Inside his room? In private?” Changmin interrogated walking beside her followed by the other two crossing their arms.
“Nothing.” Mia declined and continued on cooking.
“Nothing?” Yoochun repeated
“Yep. What do you want for lunch?” she changed the subject completely
“I want some ramen!” Changmin cheered and sat around the table. They figured that if she won’t tell, they’ll just leave it alone.

-

Moments later Yunho finished his shower and joined the rest for some hot lunch. Also, JaeJoong entered the room with a sad look on his face.
Junsu went up to him “What’s up hyung?” asking him like he knew absolutely nothing. JaeJoong just shrugged and walked towards his room shutting the door hardly. Everyone flinched at the sudden boom.
“What’s up with him?” Yoochun asked all innocent even though he knew exactly what happened. It all occurred just 10 minutes ago.
“Oppa, what is your problem?! I’ve been doing all the talking here and you look like you’ve just lost your mom or something!! What is with the downed attitude?” Tiffany egregiously asked.
“I don’t know if this is working between us Tiff.” JaeJoong replied
“What? Are you dumping me?!”
“I guess I am. I’m sorry Tiffany.” And with that, JaeJoong kissed her one last time on the cheek and left. All they did today meant nothing to him… since Mia left, his day was ruined. Tiffany was left there dumfounded; the things completely went astray from what she had normally planned.
The rest just kept on eating while Yunho encouraged Mia to talk to JaeJoong. She complied and headed towards his room.
*knock knock*
“Come in.” JaeJoong dully answered and Mia presented herself in front of him, he was lying on his bed with his hands covering his face.
“Oppa, are you okay? How did your date go?” Mia asked as she sat at the edge of his bed.
“We broke up.” He replied staring at the ceiling.
“What? How can that happen? You two were just—”
“I don’t know Mia… I’m confused.” He sighed and sat up looking straight into her eyes, their gaze seemed like forever…both of them were lost into the intense stare but none of them noticed it.
“U-Uumm, you want help? Or advice?” she broke the silence
“What is it?” he asked
“What is what?”
“Love. What does it feel like?” he wondered.
“You mean you weren’t in love with Tiffany?”
“People said that we were a good couple. So I tried it. But I don’t think I love her.” with l=those words, Mia’s heart lightened.
“Well, it’s complicated. There are different kinds of love. Friendship love, animal love… love of your fans…idolism and the most intense of all is actually falling IN love.” Mia explained “it’s like cupids arrow, when it hits you…it hurts but it’s a good kind of pain.”
“Well then if it hurts so much…then why do people look for it?”
“Because nobody can live without love. Even if you look at it in many ways…it all comes down to that…nobody can live without it. Everything has its two sides.”
“I know something that only has one side.” JaeJoong interrupted.
“What is that?”
“The heart.”
“That’s because the other side is given to someone else for us to find. It’s not easy… sometimes people get the wrong side and end up getting hurt, but there’s always a twist of fate for everyone’s destiny.” Mia answered while Yunho, Yoochun, Changmin and Junsu listened outside their door and grinned.
“How do you know if you’ve found that other side?” JaeJoong questioned
“You’ll feel it. You’re not your usual self, can’t sleep because you keep thinking about this person. Can’t eat because you can’t forget that person’s image. That person is somewhat special that catches you off guard, sees the real you and not the person your showing off.” Mia described and JaeJoong mentally agreed with every single one of them. Those entire things happened to him ever since Mia came into their humble abode. ‘Does this mean I’m in love with Mia?’ he thought.
“Also, you would do anything and everything for this one person. It is worth fighting for… it is worth risking everything because it would be you who would be smiling in the end. If you don’t risk it all, you risk even more because you’re the one who’s hurt, the one who’s suffering without that special person.”
JaeJoong and Mia’s conversation went on for a while and Mia got some blue tissue paper then folded it into a paper rose. She bit her lip before handing the blue rose to JaeJoong
“Blue? Why not red?” JaeJoong asked
“Because blue is different. It’s still a rose… besides, your favourite colour is blue right?” Mia fibbed; she knew that was not the reason why she gave him a blue rose. It was because the fabled blue roses represent the unattainable, something impossible to ever achieve. It was an obvious message that JaeJoong didn’t know about, Mia was clearly stating that JaeJoong to her was unobtainable; she was saying “I love you, but I can’t have you” in her most sincere symbolism.
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

~It takes three seconds to say I love you,
Three minutes to explain,
Three hours to demonstrate,
Three days to appreciate,
Three terms to produce it,
But a lifetime to prove it.~

~Anonymous~

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

HERE’S THE UPDATE EVERYONE!

Truly Yours,
Tammy