► Lay (sad)

EXO IMAGINES

You were walking home on a frigid winter night and your whole body felt numb but you could still bear with the chill, though you were shivering. 

As you head home to your apartment you feel tepid hands land on your shoulder.

"You dropped your scarf miss, I'm sorry to scare you." the guy adds. 

You were alone in the streets every shop was closing down now, and the night was pitch black.

You were startled and glanced at the guy for a while. He had such a deep voice yet so mellow.

Lay: "My name is Lay by the way." He flashes a beam.

You: "Oh... I am ____." You smile back in return.

Lay: "What are you doing in the middle of the night? - Its not safe at this time, this road is prone to accidents, you know." 

You: "Thank you for caring *giggle* you must be from around here."


As you two converse he finally ends up walking you home without notice. 

"I'll see you sometime again!" He finally flashed smile, a bright smile and it and brought warmth and coziness in a chilly winter night.

Lay was a very quiet guy, somewhat stilly and decent. 
Your thoughts are filled with Lay. He was very handsome at his age and had very appealing lips.

Following days... months... years...

Later in time... you fell in love with each other.

You walked home every night together. And ended up being in a relationship. He was the man that had made your day brighter day after day despite all the troubles that life brings, he somewhat brought happiness is days of sorrow. It's scary to think that they could slip and leave you... 

and that's what happened on May 14 2013 9:40 PM.

You were waiting for Lay across from the street holding a bouquet of red flowers for your month-sary when a large truck had hit him rapidly. You dashed towards his wounded body bleeding from every part, he wailed his way to the hospital. Still holding unto his hands

... until he became weak and pale.

The doctors were useless making him more debilitated. Moments passed, he was gone, demised. You hark back into the first moment you had met, where everything had started he was crying as you held his hands in such a sorrowful situation, tears ran down your cheeks but you had to hold the rest for him, since he didn't want to leave you despondent without him. You had to stay strong, he told you. 

"Wo ai ni bao-bei." He whispered still smiling in his death bed unable to breath well. Just whenyou gave him your last kiss... the monitor had alarmed the sound you didn't want to hear.

There he was lifeless now.

You stood before your knees incorrigible of the situation. You prayed and your tears fell on Lay's face  still weeping. 

"I wish... I wish..." you mumble tears fell down your cheeks. 

You were cutt off awaken by the sound of your alarm you woke up with your chest feeling heavy. 

It was just a dream. 

You hear cacophonous sounds outside your bedroom, which happens to come from the kitchen.

There he was... Lay... alive and smiling at you.

"Goodmorning bao-bei! Wo ai ni!" He runs to you without his shirt embracing you in your lingerie.  

"Wo ai ni!" You bury your face on his chest, crying. 

"What's wrong? My bao-bei had a bad dream?" He teased pouting like a 4 year old. 

"Stop it!" You retort. 

You loved Lay so much afraid to lose him. Its formidable how you could lose someone in just a snap and vanish. You didn't tell Lay about your dream, he would just die on the floor laughing and pinch your cheeks until they turn beet red. It was just a dream. 

You sat on the couch relieved... 

He hugs you from behind... 

"Bao-bei wo ai ni! Whatever happens don't ever regret what's meant to be. Be strong enough to let go... don't hesitate otherwise you won't be strong enough."

You thought for a second is he reading your mind. You pinch him to see if this was really reality. 

You couldn't stand it anymore... you exclaim. "Wo ai ni bao-bei. I will always treasure you and be a good and loving wife and mother to you and our kids."

Afterwards you and Lay's children had woken up noticing you cry. "Mama... don't cry... Papa said crying will make you look old."

You were shocked to really see it was a dream and started to embrace reality itself... how you should live your life contented with what you have and appreciating whatever happens.

You giggle and embrace each other bundling. 

 AUTHOR'S NOTE
This just came randomly to my mind... and threw a bunch of emotional feels. LOL, I was kinda confused at my story in the end... the rest is up to your imagination! :) ^^