-12-

The Lover & The Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whenever Sunggyu thought that things will turn out bad, there will be one voice, a sweet voice, a comforting voice, telling him that it will be okay. Sunggyu took a deep breath, before realizing that, the breath smells like fresh mint and baby shampoo. Wait, Baby shampoo? Sunggyu try to open his eyes.  He feels like he’s been sleeping for weeks, that his body feel stiff, mostly on his left side, and something warmer than just a blanket is embracing him. It took Sunggyu a few second, before he coming to realize that somebody is sleeping on the same bed as him, and is clinging on him like baby panda. Sunggyu huff a grunt, before opening his eye again. This time he was greeted by a black soft hair, and he could make out the outline of the black hair owner. It was Sungjong.

He turn his head to the other side, only to be greeted with another head sleeping, and this time the color looks more brownish, and fading into the original black of the owner had. Luckily, Sungyeol didn’t slept on any of Sunggyu’s body part, making him move his hand freely, trying to rub his face, removing the sign of sleepiness and heaviness on his head. But his movement is making the light-sleeper Sungyeol move, and turn toward him, with face full of worry.

“Oh~! Hyung! Oh My- You’re awake!” He sounds almost screeching around the room. Sunggyu put a finger on his lip, mentioning to keep quiet, since Sungjong is still sleeping soundly on his side. Sungyeol just keep nodding his head, full with excitement, and gratefulness that making Sunggyu heart almost swell with warmness.

“Oh! I should get the doctor…Just…let me…”

“No~! Sungyeol…I mean, not now…” Sunggyu voice surprisingly sounds hoarse and weak. Sungyeol look shock for a while, before flashing his smile, and nodding understandingly toward Sunggyu.

“You don’t wanna ask ‘what happen’ ?” The question sounds childish, but endearing at the moment. Sunggyu blink his eye a few time before pushing his mind to start thinking. And the last memory he has was the staircase and the photos. The photos!

“Where is it?!” Sungyeol raised his eyebrows. Showing he didn’t understand what Sunggyu is asking about.

“You should be asking ‘what happen’, not ‘where is it’…hyung, you fall off the staircase…luckily the police officer was there, if not, you might be de-“ Sungyeol felt his mouth stopping upon reaching the fatal word. He gasp for a while before shaking his head slowly.

“Luckily, you’re awake, and I should get the doctor to check on you since you’ve been sleeping for almost….” He checked on his watched, before continuing… “3 days and 2 hours…Your longest record…” Sungyeol took a step to stand up, before walking toward Sungjong side, reaching the emergency button there before coming and sitting again on his last claimed chair.

“What? Then, he didn’t found anything when I fall?”

“Who’s he? Oh, the police officer…no…he didn’t tell us anything..” Sungyeol reached for the table nearby him, grabbing something before shoving it to Sunggyu hand.

“It has been beeping every hour. You should check it…” Sunggyu raise his hand to face on the face. His lying on his back and it was hard using the smartphone with only one hand. Sungjong is still sleeping soundly by his side, and he doesn’t feel like moving any sooner. Sunggyu sighed.

“It’s okay. I’ll check it later…” He put the phone back down. Closing his eyes again, before he could feel another buzzing and beeping from his phone. Sunggyu sighed while raising the phone again toward his face.

“Yeol-ah, answer this for me…”Sunggyu give the phone back toward Sungyeol.

“But it’s your mother…?”

“Just tell her that I awoke, and am sleeping again… I can’t talk to her when I’m sounded like this….” Sunggyu shoved it again. Sungyeol hesitated at first, but then thinking about Sunggyu’s mom who has constantly been calling the manager every hour, asking about her only son’s condition, Sungyeol grab the phone. He answered it in the most manner-ful and graceful way, even making Sunggyu almost burst out into a fit of laughter.

“Yeol-ah, you sounded like a son-in-law-wannabe. Is my mom really that scary?” Sunggyu hold his laughter, making sure he doesn’t move that much, or else, Sungjong will be awake because of him. Sungyeol only grinned at him before checking the time.

“Why didn’t the doctor came yet?” He stood, reaching out his hand to press the same button. Only this time, he failed, knocking the dead-sleeping maknae, waking him up in the roughest way. Sunggyu just smile while shaking his head.

“Hyung~! You’re awake! Why didn’t you wake me up?!” Sungjong rubbed his head, trying to ignore Sungyeol presence who wanted to pat-off his guiltiness for knocking the maknae, loudly on his head.

“It’s okay…it’s been a while, Jongie..” Sunggyu smile. Even he looked pale and weak, the smile look radiant as usual. Sungjong almost cry looking at the sight, while mentally thankful with the choding for knockingwaking him up.

“Ouh, hyung…I missed you…” There it goes. The beaming eyes, the pouty lips on Sungjong, making Sunggyu wanted to smack Sungjong in his head for acting cute, which is a fail for him. Since his body is still stiff, and he knows, he can’t smack the youngest properly, even if he’s not stiff.

“I missed you too Jongie…” His hand went to ruffle the maknae’s hair. Sungjong just smile while holding a sniffle breath, making Sungyeol on the other side feels ignored.

“Are you forgetting that I’m here?” He asked with a pouty lip. Sunggyu heave a chuckle.

“No, Yeol-ah…I’ve missed you too…” He reached his hand to the choding hair, trying to ruffle it lovingly too, but Sungyeol, being a kid, push his hand slowly while shaking his head repeatedly.

“No…not my hair…you’ll ruin it…” He holds the leader’s hand warmly. Grabbing it like an amulet.

“Gosh…I thought Hoya only went to the toilet…it’s been this long?” Sungyeol’s eye catches a glimpse on his watch, just realizing that Hoya is still not coming back from his toilet visit.

“Hoya is here?” Sunggyu asked worriedly. He looks at Sungjong, to see if the maknae’s intuition is working or not. It wasn’t that long, before he heard some knocked on the door, and Hoya face appear out of it, but something…feels off. Hoya is not smiling his usual innocent smile.

♦♦♦♦

2 hours before that.

Someone is following us. That’s what Hoya been thinking since the moment Sungyeol, Sungjong and he decided to stay with Sunggyu, literally shooing the managers home, since they’ve been on watch for almost 2 days. They stepped out of their van, before taking a fast step into the hospital. Their van, move almost gracefully making its way out of the hospital, without looking back at them.

“Hoya, what’s wrong?” Sungyeol asked, while grabbing the small bag that Hoya keep holding since they left. Hoya just shaking his head slowly, trying to remove the bad feeling off from his body.

“Nothing, let’s go…” He grabs Sungyeol and Sungjong hand, practically dragging them fast toward Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter