The You From My Memory

The Broken Puzzle

- Taeyeon's POV -

I sat at the dining table alone, waiting for Hayeon, since dad and mom were overseas for a business trip. She joined me shortly after.

"Unnie."

"Hmm?" I answered, my mouth busy chewing the spicy rice cake that I managed to persuade Housekeeper Park to buy.

"Uh... I have a favour to ask."

"What?" I finally could say properly after swallowing the rice cake in my mouth.

"Hmm...I know you hate social events ever since...yeah... But I have a really important event coming up next week and it clashes with a social event that dad wanted me to go... So..."

"So you want me to go in your place?"

"Yeah..."

"Can I say no?"

"You can... But... It's really a very important event that I don't wanna miss..."

"What important event?"

"Erm... Well..."

"I bet it's nothing significant. Don't tell me it has got anything to do with your Girls' Generation?"

"Uh... Yeah..."

"Oh wow. What about them?"

"They're gonna be here for Chanel's exclusive showcase next week..."

"And? What has that got to do with you if it's an exclusive showcase?"

"Okay. This is the best part. My friend somehow has VIP passes to the showcase and he actually gave it to me. And, the VIP pass holders are actually allowed to go to the back stage! You know what that means!"

"So you get to meet them?"

"Yeah!"

"So...what happens after meeting them? You grow wings or something?"

"Unnie." Hayeon gave me an annoyed stare.

"Hahaha okay okay... So you want me to go in your place for dad's event instead? Did you ask oppa?"

"Of course I did. He actually has a performance that day in Japan. So I'm really left with no choice and that's why I'm asking you unnie."

"Okay okay I'll go. Just so my dear little sister can see her Girls' Generation. I don't even see you loving me that much."

"Nonsense! I love you more than anything unnie. You know it. Thank you so much! And...I'm really sorry that I have to ask you to do this..."

"It's okay. I can't run away from social events forever can I? Eat up now. The food's getting cold."

I went back to my room after breakfast. Sitting at my desk, I glanced at the photo frame sitting on the table. It was me and Jessica at a social event, probably 5 or 6 years ago. We used to attend such social events together, since our families were always involved. I could only smile bitterly as the bits and pieces came up in my mind again.

"Hey pretty." A pair of hands landed gently on my shoulders from behind. I could tell who was it immediately from the touch. I turned to look at Jessica as I smiled. She carefully sat down on an empty seat beside me, making sure that she didn't step on her long dress.

"You and your low cut dresses." I couldn't help but to complain.

"Says the one whose cleavage is so obvious that anyone can see it all the way from San Francisco." I blushed slightly at her comment and I smacked her arm.

"Look at the guy 3 tables to our right. He's been staring at your s since you sat here." Jessica turned to look when I commented and to my horror, she winked at him.

"Jung Sooyeon did you just wink at him?!" Jessica looked at me and stuck out her tongue playfully as she stood up to go back to her seat, leaving me staring at her in disbelief.

It wasn't too long into the event when Dr Kwon's eldest son came over to me. "Hey sweety. You look stunning. I was just wondering if you have time to g-"

"Oh no she doesn't." I was shocked when Jessica's voice suddenly sounded. "If you would excuse us..." I was pulled by Jessica in an instant and I turned back to Dr Kwon's son and bowed as I smiled apologetically, before I got dragged off.

"Revenge huh?" She finally stopped and asked when we were both in the restroom, just the two of us. I didn't say anything, but chuckled and looked away. Without warning, I felt her hands clasp my neck as I got pushed towards the wall. Before I could even react, I felt her warm lips, and her strawberry lipbalm got onto my taste buds. I gently pushed her away as I held her shoulders. "What are you doing?" I asked in surprise. She finally smiled as we looked into each other's eyes. "I've been holding back long enough since I saw you at the lobby."

"Holding back my foot. Go and wink at the other guys for all you want." I gave a fake frown as I took my hands off her shoulders and turned to leave the restroom.

"Kim Taeyeon." I stopped when I heard my name.

"Turn around." I turned around.

"Come here." I walked towards her.

"Closer." I moved closer.

"A little bit more." I moved once again, and we were barely an inch or two away from each other.

"Now, kiss me." I broke into a smile and mindlessly looked at her, not listening to her this time. She looked at me and laughed slightly. "Then...can I kiss you?" She asked, still smiling.

"No." I finally answered as I leaned in and kissed her lips.

"Taeyeon ah, you look...really stunning tonight." I blushed a little as I smiled. "Ya... Aren't you going to say something similar to me too?" She looked at me, annoyed.

"Shut up, my pretty one." That was all I said before I shut her up myself with my lips.

- Krystal's POV -

I heard a knock on my door and I turned to look in surprise, since it was past 2am. "Sis. Come on in." I greeted her as her face came to view. She quietly closed the door behind her as she took a seat on my bed.

"What's up? Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"I couldn't sleep..."

"What? Sleepyhead can't sleep? What kind of a joke is that?"

"Krys I'm serious."

"Haha alright... What happened? You had coffee?"

"I didn't. I just...tossed and turned. And my brain just...feels heavy."

"Ah..."

"Krys."

"Yeah?"

"What kind of person was I in the past?" I was surprised when I heard her question. I could tell her the whole night, if I was permitted to. But...no...

"What do you mean?"

"Like...if I ask you to describe me in 3 words, what would you say?" 3 words? Cool, on the outside. Lovely, but many people didn't know. Taeyeon, the girl you loved with your life.

"Sis just... Don't make yourself think so hard about the past. You're gonna have bad headaches again. Just don't, alright? Go get some sleep."

"I just... I really hate this feeling... I just can't remember anything. Anything." I sighed, as I went over and gave her a big hug.

- Taeyeon's POV -

I checked my phone again, for probably the 10th time this evening.

Tiffany :)
Hahaha I would go with you if I was invited.
Arghhhhhhhhhhh. I'm so bored :(
Can't you leave early or something?
I think I'm leaving soon. Can't leave too early or it won't look good.
Troublesome. These events.
Do you want me to go pick you up?
It's okay. I'll call my butler.
Do you want supper later on though?
I'm on diet :/
Breakfast tomorrow maybe?
We'll see if I can wake up...

 

Tiffany had been trying to keep me company while I stayed at the event. I finally called Butler Jo to pick me up, and he said he would take an hour because he had something to do. How great.

I couldn't describe my joy when he called, saying that he had reached. I bowed politely to the important people at my table before I excused myself. I happily walked down the long stairs when I saw our car waiting by the road. I was going to reach for my phone when I realised that it wasn't with me. "Oh shucks." I cursed myself internally as I gestured to Butler Jo to wait for me for a moment. I was near the entrance when I bumped really hard into someone who was leaving and I almost lost my balance. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" I quickly said when I regained my balance. "Don't worry it's alright. No problem!" Came the reply from the person who almost fell too. I probably knocked into her pretty badly because her hair was all over her face. I was about to go back to my table to grab my phone when the side of my eyes caught sight of her jawline as she gracefully swept her hair to the back. I turned my head to look, without knowing it, but all I could see was her back. But...her jawline...and her back view...

"Wait!" I called out, without my control. My mouth was wide open and my eyes almost popped out when she turned. My heart was racing. Wasn't that...my Jessica?!

 


© Sky Blue Tales