It's Yours, Jessi

The Broken Puzzle

- Story view -

"Miss Taeyeon, aren't you leaving the office?" It was 11.30pm when Butler Jo asked the young miss as she continued burying herself in work since two weeks ago.

"You can leave first. I've too much work." Taeyeon replied, her eyes not leaving the work in front of her.

"Miss Taeyeon..." This time, Taeyeon looked up. "Don't do this to yourself."

"Do what?" She feigned ignorance.

"You're trying to make yourself busy so that you won't think about it isn't it? You don't even have to do all these by yourself. You never had to do all these work. Why are you taking the staff member's work to do now? I heard you took work from at least five members to do on your own. Miss Taeyeon you rea-"

"Don't cross the line, Butler Jo."

Butler Jo kept quiet immediately when he heard what the young miss said. He had almost never heard Taeyeon talking to him in such a manner. Knowing that it must be because of Jessica, he didn't take it to heart. Instead, he bowed.

"I'm sorry, Miss Taeyeon. I was just worried about you. I'll take my leave now then." He said, before leaving her office.

Rolling her eyes, Taeyeon went back to the pile of work on her desk. She wasn't being herself. She had, like Butler Jo said, taken some work from her staff members so that she could fill up the empty space in her heart, and so that she wouldn't have time to think about Jessica. But instead of feeling glad, her staff members had to be on the alert because Taeyeon was extremely irritable all of a sudden and in just two weeks she had lashed out at at least eight of her staff. However, her staff knew the young miss well, and they reckoned that something bad must have happened somehow. Instead of feeling unfair, the staff were careful with their words and actions and took extra care to take care of Taeyeon. Just merely a few hours ago, Taeyeon had found a box of cakes from her favourite bakery on her desk after she had returned from a meeting. She knew that she was being unreasonably moody, and it pained her when she realised how much her staff cared for her despite the attitute that she had been giving them, although it wasn't her intention at all.

Half an hour passed by in a flash, and Taeyeon was surprised when she heard someone knock at her door. Who could it be at this timing? "Yes." She replied as she looked at the door. Her eyes widened a little when she realised that it was Butler Jo. "What are you d-"

Before she could finish her words, Butler Jo placed a small bag of spicy rice cakes on her desk, together with another bag of canned beers. "Just give me a call if you need anything, Miss Taeyeon. It doesn't matter if it's 5am in the morning, I'll pick up." Butler Jo smiled gently at Taeyeon who was looking at him mindlessly with slightly agape. Not expecting her to say or do anything, he bowed before he turned to leave. Taeyeon felt the tears which were coming up and her body acted on its own as she ran up behind Butler Jo and pulled at his arm, turning him around to face her, and she hugged him, her tears falling.

"Butler Jo I'm sorry... I didn't mean it... I'm sorry..."

"Don't be silly... It's okay..." He patted her back as the girl continued to cry her heart out.

***

"Sis...?" Krystal knocked on Jessica's door for the first time on this particular morning, and probably the hundredth time in total after the day her sister and Taeyeon broke up, which was exactly two weeks ago. As usual, she didn't wait for Jessica to reply before she opened the door. Nothing was new at all. Jessica was still hidden under her huge blanket, and she probably wouldn't budge even if there was an earthquake. "Sis...eat something." Krystal took a seat on the bed beside her sister.

"I'm not hungry." Came the same old reply. Jessica has been eating just a meal worth of food every day since the breakup, and she had visibly lost a whole lot of weight. Her younger sister hated it. She hated how her bubbly sister had become a lifeless doll. She hated how her sister could say less than ten words each day. She hated how the tears had become her sister's only companion. She hated how her sister had seemingly almost given up on living life itself. Jessica was probably eating that pathetic one meal worth of food just to keep breathing. Although honestly, if they would just stop giving her food, actually more of forcing her to eat something, and let her close her eyes and leave this worthless world, she probably wouldn't mind. This day, after two weeks of seeing her sister living so pathetically, Krystal had enough. She wasn't angry at Taeyeon, nor was she angry at Jessica. She had enough. She had enough of acknowledging Jessica as Claire. Jessica was never Claire, and she will never be. Jessica was Jessica. Jessica, her elder sister. Jessica, her parents' lovely daughter. Jessica, her Taeyeon unnie's beloved fiancée.

"Sis. Up." Krystal's tone took a change as she put the tray of food on the table. Jessica, however, didn't move, nor speak a word. "I said get up."

"Buzz off, Krys." Came a soft reply.

"ing. Get. Up." When the words came out of Krystal's mouth, the blanket that was covering Jessica was slowly lowered by Jessica herself as she turned to look at Krystal.

"What did you just say?" The heartbroken Jessica wasn't in the mood to tolerate a brat. How dare she? She thought to herself.

"This is enough. This whole ing thing is enough. I don't want to be part of it any more. They can do what they want but I'm going to do what I want. I'm going to do what you want, what you need."

"What is this ing nonsense you're saying?" The older Jung took on an even more threatening tone.

"I don't care about what they want any more. Sis. You need to know everything. I'm not sorry for cursing because you ing deserve to know the truth and no one has the ing right to keep it from you. I had enough. It ing hurts to see you like that! You stay right here. Don't even move a ing inch."

"Do you even know your manners Kry-" Jessica's face was turning red as her blood started boiling. But she couldn't even finish her words before Krystal stomped out of her room. What the is wrong with her?! The vein inside her head was starting to throb, and she was ready to give her younger sister hell the moment she comes back.

It didn't even take a minute before Krystal was back in the room. Jessica was about to lash out at her when Krystal started talking.

"I know I was rude. I know you're boiling because you've never seen me being so disrespectful to you before. But before you even do anything, I need to return these to you. I need to return all these to you. And I want you to know, that I'm gonna be here, no matter do you need my shoulder to cry on, or do you need someone to hit, or...anything. I don't care. I just want you to know that I'm here for you and I'll always be. And..." Krystal had no idea why her tears were welling up as she felt choked. "And..." Her lips trembled as she swallowed hard, trying to keep the tears in. "And I'm sorry because you are the best sister in the world yet I wasn't on your side..."

Jessica who was initially boiling inside was shocked as the tears rolled down her younger sister's cheeks. Her eyes then roamed to the box in Krystal's hands. "What...are you saying...?"

Krystal took a deep breath, before she put the box down and reached for her back pocket, retrieving a phone and passing it to Jessica. Her older sister's eyebrows furrowed as she took the phone over. When she turned to look at the back of the phone, she frowned even more as it looked strangely familiar until it came to her. Isn't it...Taeyeon's phone cover...? 

"Why do you have this?" Jessica's eyes went back to meet Krystal's.

"B-because..." Fear was creeping up in the younger girl as her sister kept her eyes fixated on hers. "It... It's yours..."

Jessica continued frowning as she gave Krystal a confused expression. "No wait. Isn't this Taey-"

"It's yours. Switch it on. I believe you'll understand. All of this." Krystal had decided to be strong about this.

Still confused, Jessica did as she was told. She let out a breath as she got annoyed by how weird Krystal was. Plus, wasn't that Taeyeon's phone? Why did Krystal say that it was hers? When the phone had finally started up, Jessica was about to ask "so what?" but when the connection was established and messages were retrieved, her eyes widened and tears filled her eyes before she even knew it.

Taeyeon 
i'm so sleepy...
Like forever.
You're coming over in the morning right?
yeah. but i think i'll head over in the afternoon.
i'll probably sleep in...
Hahaha silly girl. Go and sleep now.
Sleep well.
I love you so much :)
i love u more <3
If you say so ^^
Goodnight!
goodnight :) love u.
:) :) :)
u sleep well too :)
Ok :)
^^
Hehe :)
erm when are we stopping this?
Hahahahaha alright sleep now Jung! I really love you. I miss you :)
i love u so much too. u're the best thing that ever happened to me ^^
i miss u too. ok i'm sleeping right now. don't u dare reply me.

 

Taeyeon 
Babe are you okay?
Love?
Jess.
Jessica please pick up my call.
Jess are you okay?
Jess don't fool around any more it's not funny...
Love...
Jessica...
Jess please...
Babe you're scaring me.
It's not funny I'm crying now.
Jess...
Jess I
just want you to know that I love you..
Rest in peace love.. 

 

Taeyeon 
Hey love, happy anniversary :)

 

Taeyeon 
I miss you :( I can't take this any more :( 

 

Taeyeon 
Do they have reception in heaven? I miss you :') 

 

Taeyeon 
this wohle world for takign you awy
Tell me whi did it
I will ing kill
Life is so nig unfair
Why did they take away my bby..
I'm forgetting how you loook lke
Baby I cant take tis any more
Hold me...
Jessica jung sooyeon
I hate my life 

 

Taeyeon 
Jess it's been 2 long years since you're gone. I miss you so much and honestly I'm still not accepting the fact that you're gone. I feel that you're still here. You're not gone. My heart hurts. My heart yearns for you. I feel like I'm been living like a lifeless soul the whole time you're not around. I can't believe it, and I'm not believing it. We promised to be together till the end of time. Isn't this end of time too soon for us? There were still so many things that we wanted to do. We still had so many things on that to-do list of ours. Jess this is unfair... I'm dying. I'm dying here without you. There are so many times that I felt that maybe leaving this world would be the best thing, to take me away from this suffering. But whenever I had these thoughts, I'd remember you telling me how precious our lives were. How it was because of our lives that we had managed to meet each other. I can't do it. I can't take away my own life that you said was precious, that you said you would protect with your own life. You said my life wasn't mine, you said it was yours. I'm sorry Jess... I'm sorry for not being able to protect yours. I'm sorry that I was not there when you must have been so scared. You must have needed me. Jess I'm sorry... Jess I really love you. I miss you. I miss you so much. How am I going to live knowing that you're no longer on this Earth with me... How am I supposed to breathe knowing that I can never see you again? Jess I don't know. Maybe...take me away... Take me away with you. It's your life as you said. So take it away. I really don't know how much longer I can do this Jessica... I love you so much. So ing much. Take me away... Take me away from all these... I miss you baby... I miss you...

 

 "W-what is this...?" Jessica was stuttering as her tears continued flowing.

Jessica's eyes widened in shock as she looked back into the Krystal's icy cold yet determined eyes. Because what she heard was...

"I said... It's yours, Jessi."

 


[A/N] I planned to write a really long chapter. Of course, with more content. But I know that I'm gonna be really busy this week, so I decided to post this first. This is one of the peaks of this story, isn't it? The first one being the meeting of Taeyeon and Claire (Jessica) 2 years after the accident. I personally felt a lot from this chapter, especially the way Krystal was so hurt as she witnessed her older sister giving up on herself. Did you feel it? The way she was so protective, the way she finally took her sister's side.

On a side note, for the previous chapter, it was the first time I replied to every single comment. Usually, I'll give a general reply in my author's note and I'll give direct replies when you have questions for me or when you have said something that struck me. I hope those of you who didn't receive my reply won't be mad at me :( I love all of you readers, every single one of you, remember that. Each and every one of your comments means a lot to me, I can't stress enough. I just think that it would be weird if I reply something similar to a few of you. But if you think that it's nice to receive my reply(if I didn't send one), do let me know! I promise I'll reply :) And now, tell me what do you think about this chapter! Character comments are still going on ^^ (It's pretty fun, to be honest.)

OH AND... Who just had an inspiration for another one-shot? ^^ Unfortunately I Need You ;)

I will post the link in the next chapter too so that you guys won't miss out if you want to read it! When it's out, that is.

© Sky Blue Tales