Happy Birthday, Claire

The Broken Puzzle

- Taeyeon's POV -

I looked out of the car window as the trees zoomed by.

"Taeyeon ah what are you looking at?"

I turned to the empty seat beside me where a bouqet of flowers sat, which was once frequently occupied by Jessica.

"You're always ignoring me during car rides."

I blinked a few times, as I looked down on my hand, the ring on my ring finger that I had never for once taken off.

"When should I pick you up Miss Taeyeon?" Butler Jo asked before I stepped out of the car. "You don't have to. I'll be back on my own." He looked at me, concerned, but he nodded. He had always been respecting my decisions, as long as I was safe and sound. I smiled and made my way to my destination, as the car left.

This place hadn't changed a bit. The bench overlooking the water, the beautiful trees with blooming flowers surrounding it. I left the bouquet of flowers on the bench and took a seat beside it.

"Thank you! You're so sweet. Wait. Or did you do something wrong again?"

I gently smiled, as I looked at the flowers, remembering our bits and pieces. Closing my eyes, I leaned back onto the bench.

"Jessica can't you just sit down and look at this beautiful scene in front of you? Stop walking around where I can't even se-"

I felt a warm embrace as a pair of arms locked my neck from behind and I could feel her sticking her face to mine. I broke into a smile almost immediately as I turned and kissed her cheek. In an instant, she turned her head and gave my lips a kiss. Both of us pulled away a little, as we looked into each other's eyes, our smiles never leaving us for a second.

I bit hard on my teeth as my lips trembled and my tears fell. "Happy...birthday love..." I muttered under my breath, my eyes still closed, with the tears flowing non-stop.

"Happy birthday, Jessica." I sat up straight in shock and wiped my tears when a voice suddenly sounded. Turning around, I saw a familiar face. Tiffany's knowing eyes met mine, and she walked around the bench, picked up the bouquet of flowers and sat down, resting the flowers on her legs. I took my gaze away from her, as I looked down. I could feel her squeezing my shoulder, trying to comfort me. "I'm sure she's happy there. God will take good care of such an angel like her. Isn't it?" I could only nod, as tears silently fell again. "Babe..." With a tug, she managed to make me rest my head on her shoulder as she held me tight and as close to her as it was possible. "It's been years... Jessi wouldn't want to see you like this Taeyeon..." I shook my head as my silent crying turned to sobbing. "Ah... And this happens every time I...try to comfort you." I could hear her sniffing and I knew she was crying too. She was not only dear to me, she was so dear to all of us.

- Story view at the Kim residence -

"Butler Jo." Mrs Kim called out when he reached the residence.

"Yes Madam." Butler Jo replied respectfully.

"Taeyeon... Is she there again?"

"Yes Madam. She's safely there, but she said she would be back on her own. She will be safe so you don't have to worry."

Mrs Kim smiled as she nodded, and Butler Jo left for his duties. Sitting on the couch, alone in the house, Mrs Kim's expression slowly became worse. She pressed her forehead with her her thumb, index finger and middle finger as tears gently fell.

"My poor daughter... I'm so sorry that your mom was so useless to protect you and the love of your life... Forgive this useless mother of yours..."

- Story view at an unknown residence -

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Claire, happy birthday to you!" Everyone clapped as the birthday girl blew out her birthday candles.

"Happy birthday my sweet daughter!"

"Daddy's so proud of you honey. You're such a grown up now."

"Happy birthday sis! I know you're gonna have a blast today since we're spending it together. Hehehe."

"I'm so blessed. Thanks daddy mommy! And you, you're so doing everything I want to do today, no matter you like it or not, Krystal."

 


© Sky Blue Tales