Not Done Loving You

The Broken Puzzle

- Story view -

"Hold my hands, hold my waist, touch my ... I don't kn- Mmm!"

With a swift movement, Taeyeon's lips was on Jessica's and the latter had her eyes closed immediately upon contact. It wasn't a moment after when Jessica's eyes shot open, because she could feel Taeyeon's palm right above her heart, before the older girl gently pulled away, retracting her hand in the process.

"What are y-" Confused, Jessica tried to ask.

"Your heart was racing." Taeyeon stated, with a smile on her face, and Jessica found herself looking away as she gave an embarrassed laugh. It wasn't a while before her heart settled down and she turned to face Taeyeon again.

"You're not quite attentive, you know?" Taeyeon raised her eyebrow when she heard Jessica.

"Me? Why?"

"Well..." Jessica scratched her head a little before she continued. "For the past ten years and more, my heart raced like this every time you kissed me." This time, it was Taeyeon who laughed.

"Ah... For sure I wouldn't notice that." Jessica's eyes narrowed at Taeyeon's response.

"What? Why wouldn't you? Or are you telling me that your mind was always somewhere else?" Taeyeon could only chuckle at how genuinely upset Jessica looked at that instant.

"No. Of course not." She paused for just a second, her eyes fixed on Jessica's. "How could I notice when my heart was racing like yours?" The Korean American broke into a really wide smile even though she tried hard not to.

"Sweet talker." She gently smacked Taeyeon's head, her smile not fading.

"You know what's sweeter?" Taeyeon asked, cheekily.

"Yeah. Me."

"Nope." Jessica glared at the girl who was daring enough to say that to her.

"Say that again Kim Taeyeon."

"I said nope. Because..." Taeyeon held her words for a moment longer. "It's your lips."

Jessica didn't even have the time to let the words sink in before Taeyeon dived for her lips, catching her in surprise once again. "Taeyeon wait I t-"

"I don't have time to listen to you. Clothes, off. Now."

"No no no Taeng wait I- Taeyeon!" Taeyeon was about to pull Jessica's top off when the younger girl's firm tone stopped her.

"Okay okay what?"

"The door's not locked you idiot." Jessica managed to push Taeyeon off her as she stood up.

"Fine..." Taeyeon sat there as she waited for her girlfriend to close the door. However, she narrowed her eyes when she was acting suspicious. Just before Jessica opened the door to escape, Taeyeon managed to pull her back and locked the door herself before she pinned her against the door.

"Hahahaha Taengoo!"

"How dare you."

"Please be gentle hahaha!"

"I've never been gentle when it comes to you. You're gonna get it from me for trying to esc-" Taeyeon couldn't finish her words because Jessica's soft lips stopped her this time round. The older girl found her body tensing up as Jessica nibbled on her lips. It was just a while after when Jessica gently pulled away for a bit, gazing at Taeyeon.

"Alright no more jokes and whatnot. I miss you, Taengoo." The older girl only smiled at Jessica as her response, before she landed a peck on the younger girl's forehead.

"It's a little too bright here, don't you think?" Taeyeon gently asked, and when Jessica nodded, she flicked the switch off, and the room went pitch dark in a second. No more words were exchanged, as Taeyeon felt Jessica holding her hand, and in the next second, both of them were safely in bed. It wasn't long before smooching sounds filled the room.

On the other side of the door stood Krystal, as she mouthed the words to her parents, "they're at it" while giving a thumbs up.

***

It was an hour or two later, when the girls were comfortably cuddling, while catching up on whatever happened in the two years where they were away from each other, that they heard a knock on the door, followed by the familiar voice of Mrs Jung.

"Girls are you done?"

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows as she slowly climbed up from her bed, with Taeyeon following closely behind. She opened the door where her mother was standing outside, holding some clothes.

"Mom, what exactly did you mean by 'are you done'?" Jessica narrowed her eyes.

"Well... You know, the stuffs you girls do." When her eldest daughter's face flushed, Mrs Jung couldn't help but to let out a laugh. "Okay I'll stop teasing. By the way..." She held the clothes in her hands towards Taeyeon. "I thought you might need this." Recognising her own clothes which she probably had left with the Jungs years ago, Taeyeon didn't know why she was feeling choked.

"Mom you...still kept this...?" Taeyeon asked, as she took the clothes over.

"I couldn't have thrown away my third daughter's clothes right?" Mrs Jung didn't hold back her smile, and Taeyeon found herself smiling back. "Now, go get changed or something before you sleep. Don't wake up too late in the morning. I'm gonna be cooking your favourite food you little brat."

"Thanks mom. You're the best." Mrs Jung only smiled at Taeyeon and was about to turn to leave when instead, Jessica tugged at her arm gently.

"Yes sweety?"

"Mom... Thanks..." Jessica weakly muttered.

"Don't be silly. Go and make your bed comfy enough for my baby girl. She hasn't been sleeping with us for far too long."

"Mom, don't 'my baby girl' her. She's my baby girl."

"Haha Sooyeon ah, please." Taeyeon lightly patted Jessica's arm before she headed for the bedroom.

"Ya! You're gonna go around letting people call you their baby girl? Kim Taeyeon!" Jessica yelled in frustration as she followed suit, leaving her mother to shake her head at the scene while laughing.

***

Taeyeon hadn't had such a good sleep for the past two years. No matter how  much she stirred in her sleep, her hands would somehow still be in contact with her girlfriend - holding her hands, or her waist, or just mindlessly resting them on the girl's stomach. It was such a perfect place to be in, and Taeyeon would give everything up to stay right there. It was already near noon, but Taeyeon had no intentions of waking up. On the other hand, Jessica the sleepyhead was the one who woke up instead. However, she stayed where she was, on Taeyeon's left, facing her, their right hands holding each other. She let her eyes trace Taeyeon's features, gazing intently at the girl she had forgotten, who happened to be the same girl whom she fell in love with all over again with a new identity.

"How could I have forgotten you...?" She asked the sleeping Taeyeon. "How could I have forgotten the person I loved the most?" With her left hand, she gently brushed the loose hair on Taeyeon's face, carelessly tucking them behind her ear. "Did I ever tell you how sorry I was for forgetting you...?" Not knowing why, Jessica's tears welled up in her eyes, before they silently rolled down, seeping into the pillow her head was lying on. "Hey Kim Taengoo... I'm sorry for forgetting you... I'm sorry... Okay...?" When the tears wouldn't stop flowing, Jessica tried to wipe them off herself instead, and her eyes widened in shock when Taeyeon brought her hand to her face without warning, wiping her tears for her, even though her eyes weren't even opened. "T-Taeyeon...?"

"Why in the world will you make me wake up to a crying Jung Sooyeon? I don't want to see your tears when I open my eyes. Stop crying, stupid." Taeyeon's words only made Jessica cry even more, and the older girl was too worried to keep her eyes closed. Her heart ached when she saw Jessica's tear-stained face. "Stupid you. Stop crying. Come here. Hush, stop crying now..." Taeyeon coaxed, as she pulled Jessica into her arms, wrapping her hands tightly around the girl, letting the girl bury her face into her shoulder. "What's wrong...? Why are you being like this all of a sudden...?" Taeyeon finally asked, when the girl in her arms had finally stopped crying.

"It's not 'all of a sudden'... I was feeling horrible inside ever since I remembered everything."

"It was me, huh? Pushing you away unnecessarily with all those drama... Sorry..." Jessica pulled away when she heard Taeyeon, holding both her hands after that.

"No. It wasn't you. It wasn't your fault. I know you were hurting too. I'm not like the rest of the people who couldn't see your pain. I could see it. I could really see it. The whole incident itself was just too much for me to bear. It's not you, nor me. It's just the whole incident..."

"Why are you comforting me now instead?" Taeyeon laughed and Jessica let out a breath, together with the tensed up emotions she had been holding in, before she laughed together with the older girl. Jessica returned to her position in Taeyeon's arms after that, snuggling up close against her.

"Taeyeon."

"Yep."

"Tell me what happened."

"What?"

"What happened when you woke up after the accident. I wanna know everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes, everything."

"So I woke up and... Okay, it feels like all of it only happened yesterday." Taeyeon took a deep breath to calm her nerves, before she continued. "I was dead worried about you the moment I woke up. I wanted to rush out of bed to get to you, but I was in so much pain. I couldn't even pinpoint where the pain was coming from. I just felt like all my bones were crushed, and my skin was burning. Jinggu and Hayeon came with dad and mom not long after, and I was told that I had been sleeping for a few days. But anyway, I couldn't be bothered with anything else. All that was in my mind was you, and since I couldn't move, I could only ask. And they just...told me that you were gone."

"Mmm... Keep going..." Jessica nodded her head slightly, her hand grabbing Taeyeon's arm even tighter without her knowing it.

"Well, I wouldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. And it was killing me because I couldn't check it out for myself since I was in so much pain. I remember asking Hayeon to quickly charge my phone so that I could at least switch it on. And then... Yeah. Those messages I sent you. You got them didn't you? I mean, two years after that is..."

"Yeah." At this point in time, Taeyeon was slightly worried about the girl because her answers were strangely short, and it did sound like she was holding back her tears, but Taeyeon decided to just hold her. She believed that Jessica would probably want her to just hold her, anyway.

"It was a couple of days after before I could move anywhere with the help of a wheelchair. But I was... My soul was gone. Hayeon and mom cried everyday, telling me that it wasn't the end of the world. But it was the end of the world for me, thinking that you were gone. I stayed in hospital for a few more weeks, but I was in the same old state. I wouldn't talk. I just cried and then stared into space the whole day, letting our memories play inside my head. I just cou- Jessi, are you crying?" Taeyeon wanted to pull the girl away from her this time, because she felt something wet on her shirt, and it would only be Jessica crying. "Jung Sooyeon."

Jessica held onto Taeyeon tightly and shook her head, refusing to let the older girl move an inch away from her.

"Sooyeon ah..." Taeyeon relaxed her hand, giving in to her girlfriend.

"I'm fine... Just continue..."

"How am I supposed to continue when you're crying like that? We'll leave the rest to another day, okay?"

"No." Jessica shook her once again, and Taeyeon found herself sighing.

"I can't continue with you crying like that. Really. Can we do something else?" The older girl waited for a response, but when she got none, she tried once more. "I know. Let's make out. Come on." She grabbed Jessica's arms, wanting to pull her away so that she could distract her, but her girlfriend wasn't any less stronger than her, and she found herself still stuck in the same position. "Jessica..."

"Let's not escape this any more..."

"I'm not saying that I won't tell you the rest. Just...another day, okay? I'm er... Yeah I'm needy now. I need to mak-"

"Stop your nonsense." Taeyeon shut up immediately when Jessica's stone cold tone hit her. "You're not touching me for the rest of the month if you don't tell me the rest now."

"What? Not again? Jessica Jung can you please stop threatening me like that?"

"But it works."

"No. Hell no. I'm not letting you do this to me every single time. Go ahead if you wanna cry. Gosh I'm out of this." Taeyeon's actions, however, didn't quite match what she said, because her arms were still around her girlfriend, and she had no intentions to let go.

"Then let me go. Why are you still holding on to me?"

"No. I'm not. Who said I was?"

"Look." Taeyeon looked as she was told, and her face flushed when Jessica had indeed let her go and Taeyeon was the one holding on to her at that point in time.

"Well I... Whatever."

"I'm giving you one more chance."

"I know it, Sooyeon."

"Know what?"

Taeyeon took in a deep breath, before resting her head on the crown of Jessica's head. "I know you're trying to make the atmosphere better so that we can get this over and done with."

Jessica could only smile, as she snuggled closer to Taeyeon. "It's time to continue, then."

"You done crying?"

"Yeah, but not done loving you."

"Cheesy. Alright, let's see..." Taeyeon took a few seconds to settle herself down, and she continued where she had left off. "Well... Apparently I was in a state of depression for a couple of months before I finally snapped out of it. Not like I ever forgot about you or us. I had nightmares every night. Oh trust me, you appeared in my dreams like a ghost every single night." She laughed when Jessica didn't hold back a stinging smack on her arm.

"Are you courting death?"

"Hmm, at that time yes? I mean, I really wished I could leave this world with you."

"I'm so glad you didn't do anything foolish."

"Don't worry. I don't slash my wrist like someone."

"Kim Taeyeon you really!" Jessica slightly leaned backwards so that she could glare at Taeyeon, but the older girl only laughed before pulling her back to where she was.

"Whatever it is, my situation didn't get better. I dreamt of you very often, even a while before I met 'Claire'."

"Speaking of Claire..." Jessica locked her fingers with Taeyeon's. "How was it like when you saw me again? Or her, to be exact."

"Don't you remember how I called you? I thought I was dreaming."

"And I thought you were being weird. Try'na hit on me or something."

"So you really thought that I was hitting on you?!"

"Partly yes. But I swear I was in a rush that day! But can I make a confession?"

"Spill it. Did you date someone else in between?"

"What? No."

"Or...did you sleep with someone?"

"Gosh no!"

"Liar."

"I swear I didn't even know that I was into girls until I met you again you retard."

"It's not like you can only sleep with girls..."

"Ya Kim Taeyeon! Am I like so cheap in your eyes?!" Jessica pulled away once again, her eyes wide with frustration.

"Okay okay I was just kidding!" Taeyeon raised her hands, surrendering. "What's your confession then?"

"I'm not telling you any more." Jessica pouted as she crossed her arm, moving away even further from Taeyeon, leaning against the headboard.

"Sorry baby I was just kidding. Come on." Taeyeon sat up, holding Jessica's arm worriedly.

"Don't touch me." Jessica lighly yanked her girlfriend's hand away.

Taeyeon didn't say a word any more, instead, she suddenly lunged forward, her lips aiming straight for Jessica's neck.

"Gosh what the hell Taeyeon!" Jessica held Taeyeon by her arms and roughly pulled her away from herself. "What are you? A vampire?" She glared at the older girl who was giggling away.

"Well, if you're not gonna talk, then I'm just gonna do."

"Do what?!"

"You." Taeyeon smirked and was about to launch another attack when Jessica grabbed her by her collar.

"Are you going to listen to me or are you not?!"

"You said you weren't telling me any more."

"Are you k-" Jessica's words stopped short when Taeyeon's arms wrapped themselves around her waist, while the girl herself suddenly leaned her face on her stomach. "What now Kim Taeyeon."

"Wants to sleep." The older girl mumbled. "And...wants to know your confession."

"Aish you." Jessica ruffled her girlfriend's hair, before she gently patted her warm back in a slow rhythm. "I fell in love with you the second time I saw you again, when I was Claire."

"Wait. That's all? Your confession?" Taeyeon raised her head to look at Jessica.

"What else?"

"And it wasn't even the first time. It was the second time. What a confession Jess. What a confession." She muttered before she went back to using Jessica's stomach as her headrest.

"Then get off me." Jessica wanted to shove Taeyeon away, but the older girl held on tight as she laughed.

"Nopeeeeeeee. You're my pilllow."

"You'll be the death of me Kim Taeyeon."

"And you'll still be my pillow." Taeyeon grinned, and Jessica couldn't hold back her own smile. The girl she loved with her life was finally back in her arms, maybe not literally, but somewhere along that line.

"I love you so much, you know?" The words naturally escaped Jessica's lips.

"I love you no less. I can't do without you."

"You fell in love with Claire, you player."

"Claire was you, you idiot."

***

"It must be so lucky to be your boyfriend Fany ya." Sooyoung muttered, before taking a sip from her glass of red wine. The bunch of girls finally gathered together once again in a private room at Seohyun's restaurant and the group was almost complete, except for the famous lovebirds.

"I don't think so. Look at how possessive she already is when it comes to Taeyeon. It must be so difficult to even be her best friend." Yuri teased and Fany scowled at her, landing a loud smack on her thigh at the same time.

"Somebody talking about me?" All the girls turned to the door of the room, and was greeted by the familiar dorky face of the oldest one among them. Tiffany, however, frowned, when she saw that Taeyeon was alone. She shot Taeyeon a look, her eyes asking an obvious why-are-you-here-alone. Taeyeon only smiled. "Oh and, I thought I'd show you guys my magic trick." She continued saying, still standing by the door.

"Unnie, take a seat. Let's eat first. You can show us the trick later." Yoona beckoned to the oldest one.

"Yeah Taeyeon ah. You must be hungry. Come on." Hyoyeon joined in.

"I have to show it to you guys now so that I can eat." Taeyeon mindlessly responded.

"What exactly?" Sooyoung finally stopped eating, as she raised her eyebrow.

"I brought someone."

"Hmm? Who? Your new girlfriend?" Sunny asked, her eyes perking up.

"No. I have only one girlfriend."

"Don't make it sound like you brought Je- GOD!" Yuri's words were cut short when Jessica entered right at that moment.

"Finally, Jessi." Tiffany eye-smiled as she stood up and hugged the girl, while the rest of the girls stood up in shock.

"W-what is happening?" Sooyoung stared at Jessica, agape.

"Well...I'm back?" Jessica grinned, enjoying the sudden attention from her favourite friends. "I knew I had more friends. It wasn't possible that someone as awesome as me only had that few friends who were all younger than me."

"W-wait S-Sica I t-thought you...you..." Hyoyeon didn't know why she was stuttering, and her buddy was finding it really amusing.

"It's a long story. But I'm hungry now. I'm not a ghost, I assure you guys. I'll fill you in after we're done eating. I'm really not a ghost, okay?" Jessica proceeded to take a seat beside Tiffany.

It wasn't long before Jessica told the girls the story after they were done with their food. The girls were unusually touchy towards Jessica, especially after not seeing her for so long and thinking that they would never get to see her again.

"Yoona." Taeyeon suddenly called out in the midst of all their chattering. "I know you missed Sica a lot. But I'll kinda...appreciate it if you'd stop touching her everywhere you know?" Jessica and the rest had to bite their tongues to hold in their laughter, Yoona too, because it wasn't long before Taeyeon herself burst out laughing.

"You know, unnie. I would be scared if Sica unnie was the one who told me to stop touching you." Yoona muttered, before Jessica playfully gave her a headlock.

"It's never gonna happen. Have I said anything when Tiffany touches her all over?"

"Jessi, that actually sounds like a warning." Tiffany froze where she was, coincidentally, when her hand was resting on Taeyeon's thigh. When Jessica gave her a not-so-genuine smile, Tiffany quickly added. "But Jessi you know that I love you more than I love this woman right?" Right after she said that, she felt a glare from her best friend, and she only flashed her eye-smile before bumping her head lightly with Taeyeon's.

***

"Hahaha I told Tiff. She didn't believe me." Taeyeon laughed into her phone as she trapped the phone between her ear and her shoulder, while fumbling over the documents in her hands.

"You tricked her too much."

"She only started to be wary after you tricked her into eating the vinegar sandwich!"

"She was being gullible hahaha. You didn't get to see her face when Yoona and Soo made her eat their salty kimbabs. It was priceless!"

"Sometimes I feel so bad for her, you know."

"I don't. Hahaha."

"I'll protect you, if anyone tries to bully you, anyway." Taeyeon skillfully packed her documents so that she could hold it with one hand, and her free hand reached out to grab the phone properly, as she proceeded to her car.

"Says the one who caused me an accident because she was too busy trying to leave me."

"Are you still gonna harp on that, ahjumma?"

"Forever."

"What are you up to now?"

"I'm just walking around. Just ended my meeting not too long ago. Thought I'd just shop around. What's my Taengoo doing?"

"I'm leaving the office. Got to grab something from a client later."

"I miss you."

"Miss you too baby."

"Wanna come over tonight?"

"Do you want me to go over tonight?"

"What's with that tone Kim Taeyeon. I'm not suggesting anything."

"I'm not saying that you are. I'm just plainly asking you, do you want me to go over tonight?"

"I wanna kiss you."

"Blow me a kiss through the phone." Taeyeon giggled to herself as she continued walking.

"Mwacckkkssss!"

"We're pretty damn mushy, Sica ya."

"Where's mine?"

"Mwacckkkssss!"

"That's better. Hehe."

"Oh yes, you know, I forgot to tell you that day. I was on the way to t..." Taeyeon's words stopped short, and Jessica thought that it was a connection problem.

"Taeyeon? On the way to what?"

"..."

"Hello? Taeyeon? Is there no reception in the carpark or something?"

"..."

"Taeyeonnnnnnnnnnnnn."

"..."

"Baby can you hear meeeeee? Hellooooooooo."

"..."

"Hello Taey-"

"H-Hwayoung..."

Jessica's eyes widened when she heard that name. It was her. It was her face she saw in the driver's seat of the truck that almost took their lives two years ago.

"Taeyeon...? TAEYEON!"

The line...went dead.

 

Warning: I'm not entirely done checking the grammar/spelling/any kind of mistakes. Forgive me, I'm sorry for that. *merong*


[A/N] So, did anyone miss me (or my story)? I know this chapter took a little longer than usual, but to make up for it, I made sure it was significantly longer than the usual chapters. Was the mood for this chapter better? I don't feel like there's anything especially off in this chapter, the mood I mean, but what do you think? Personally, I really like the sweet little moments TaengSic shared. It made me feel like they were just the most ordinary lovey dovey couple out there, just that, the fact that it's TaengSic just naturally made me feel better ^^ I haven't updated for more than a week, so I really missed your comments and I hope that you will be dropping me many comments! ^^

I know the ending of this chapter looked suspicious... *smirks* But don't worry, I'm not extending the story. In fact, should I say, sadly (for me), we're at the second last chapter already... :'( I'm gonna miss all of you, so please do subscribe to my other stories if you like The Broken Puzzle. Why do I feel so sad...? Okay, I just hate goodbyes :(

Also, do us all SONEs a favour by voting for ourselves in Billboard's Fan Army Face-Off here :)

© Sky Blue Tales