Hunger

If we could live forever.

JESSICA POV

It was a chilly night and Taeyeon and I were on our way back to the dorm.

I observed the awkward silence as it was exceptionally quiet.

We are the only ones out on the streets.

I looked at her.

She seems to be lost in her thoughts.

I then wonder about us.

Both of us having this open secret which we didn't talk about.

I decided to take the initiative despite us only having spoken few lines in class.

We have been classmates for a year but we rarely interacted.

"Taeyeon?" I called out.

"Ya?" She answered.

"Your blue eyes are nice." I praised her, starting a conversation.

"Oh really? Erm thanks." She replied shyly.

"Earlier, Sunny mentioned hers are red. Are all our eyes either red or blue?" She asked. 

"Nope. In fact there are many colours. Mine are green, Tiffany's pink, Hyoyeon's amber and Sooyoung's purple." I explained while changing my eye color to show her.

"I believe Sunny mentioned yours will be blue for a week before returning back to normal?" I asked.

"Did she mention about the full moon? When it's full moon our eyes will change into the colour on its own and we will have to stay indoor or just wear coloured contacts to hide them." I added.

"I see. Yes she did told me about my blue eyes but didn't mention about the full moon." She replied.

"By the way, green is scary." She said nervously and i just laughed it off.

"Unfortunately, i happen to be the creepy one instead of the hot ones depicted on Twillight" I said sarcastically.

"So how are you feeling right now as a new-born?" I asked.

"I don't know. I feel like reality hasn't sink in and i'm still unsure how i am supposed to be and what my future lies." She looked lost and ended with a sigh.

"You're not alone, you have me in class and Tiffany in school. Besides, there's Sunny, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung as well. We'll all help you." I held her hands and console her.

 

TAEYEON POV

I looked into her green eyes. Gone were the scary green and intimidating ice princess impression of hers. I could see the warmth in her eyes.

"Thank you." I said it from the bottom of my heart and a smile crept onto my face.

We reached the corridor of our dorm and Jessica's room is just beside ours.

I could see Yuri pacing up and down outside our room talking to herself as usual.

"Ahhhh that Kkab." I blurted out.

Suddenly, Jessica seems to remember something and looked very worried.

She stopped walking.

"Taeyeon, have you eaten?" She whispered to me, looking at Yuri wary that she might overhear our conversation.

"Eaten?" I gulped.

Then i glanced at Yuri.

"Dugeun Dugeun" I could hear her heartbeat from the distance and i could see her pulsing veins.

I swallowed my saliva. I could feel the heat rising within me.

"Am I hallucinating? Is that a sign that i'm hungry?" At that moment i thought i could even smell how sweet Yuri's blood is.

I felt my eyes glowing and before i knew, i'm already running towards Yuri.

 

JESSICA POV

I guess that answers it - the glow in her eyes.

I quickly ran after her.

Yuri then noticed Taeyeon's presence and looked happy.

But her smile fell as soon as it lifted.

She looked confused, she could see something is wrong with Taeyeon as she was charging towards her like a bull.

She got hold of Yuri and i was trying to pry her arms away without success.

Yuri still looked clueless.

Then Taeyeon opened and revealed her fangs before attempting to bite Yuri.

I squeezed between them and with an arm, i pushed Yuri behind me while i raised the other to block Taeyeon.

She sank her fangs into my arm and the pain surged through me.

With the other arm, i hit her really hard on the back of her neck and she collapsed, releasing her bite.

My arm is bleeding and i turned to look at Yuri hoping she's fine.

All she did was she pointed at my arm and fainted.