Trouble

If we could live forever.

TAEYEON POV

I'm at the rooftop again.

This time round, it is a different feeling altogether.

My heart is light and it feels great to have the night wind blowing gently at my face.

Looking back, my life has been a rollercoaster ride.

But i guess all is great now?

I feel less guilty towards Yuri these days,or maybe it is the few weeks of practice that made me being used to protect our identities.

I'm much closer with Sica as well, in fact three of us hangs out pretty much often.

Sica's been strange around Yuri though,i can't help but think she's crushing on Yuri secretly as much as she denys it.

While for Sunny, well it's quite complicated though.

She's always cheering me up, always there for me but somehow there is this odd feeling i can't describe?

It's like her cheerfulness rubs onto me and seeing her happy makes me happy and then she becomes happier and it's like a cycle where we pass positivity to each other and the effect multiplies.

And it's only been like a few hours since we had ice cream earlier and i'm missing her already.

Yet the irony is that she's the one who dragged me into this mess in the 1st place? Yet i can't hate her for it.

Thinking back on how we first met, her angelic face, her aegyo and the times we spend together, it's like bittersweet.

And it's quite scary how she always happen to be with me at the right place right time.

The coincidences where she pulled me out of dangers.

I shouldn't dwell into it though. Probably i'm just thinking too much.

Just when i'm deep in my thoughts, my acute sense of hearing caught the sound of a flying dagger.

My reflexes kick in and i dodged it in time.

"Who's that?" I spoke to the darkness.

"You'll see." He chuckled.

"Just give up now and face your death!" He took his sword and drew it from its sheath.

From nowhere, he lunged at me and slashed me.

I clutched my arm. It's fortunate that i dodged hence the cut wasn't deep. It hurts nonetheless.

Now that he's in front of me, i realised it's Lee Teuk, our senior in school.

"What the hell is he doing?" I thought.

"You are a vampire isn't it? I've been watching you." He smirked.

"What's wrong with being a vampire? I don't even harm anyone." I retorted.

"Being vampire is a sin itself. You're a non-living cold blooded undead. The Lees clan won't allow any of your kind to exist. We uphold the reputation of the top slayers." He splat at me.

He lunged at me again while slashing wildly. I dodged his sword while trying to wrestle it out of his hands.

I didn't succeed and in the midst of it, the sword slashed across my face.

I winced in pain and blood was trickling down my cheek.

He didn't hesitate to slash me several times across my torso.

I was in a great deal of pain but i bit my lips and retreated to the side of the rooftop.

I am a vampire theoretically but i have got no idea how to fight. I've got no choice now, i need to fight back, i need to fight for my life.

My eyes glowed its aquamarine blue and i found some strength.

I ran towards him and flicked his sword out of his hand.

I then threw punches at his face and kicked his stomach.

I grabbed his throat and choked him.

He was turning purple and i didn't release him.

And then it struck me.

I'm losing my humanity. I'm just like a monster now. No, i can't do that, i can't take his life.

I loosen my grip on his throat.

He fell to the ground and was gasping for air.

I turned my back on him and limped away.

I could feel my eyes turning back to its usual color.

Then i felt something pierced through my back.

I turned over and looked at him.

My body became numb and i couldn't move.

I watched him as he struggled to retrieve his sword and walked towards me.

He's wearing a huge grin on his face.

"Being lenient to your enemy is being cruel to yourself. Any last words?" He said in a mocking manner.

As he raised his sword to the air, i closed my eyes and resigned myself to my fate.

The sound of a sword's stab echoed in the air.

And a body fell to the ground.