Lips Like Sugar - Sunggyu/Woohyun

Vignettes

I'm trying to get back into the flow of An End Has a Start, so this is set in that verse. You don't have to read that to get this story, but just know that Sunggyu is a mind reader and they've just started becoming more-than-friends. This is supposed to take place after their second kiss in chapter 7 or 8. I forget which one. It's not as long as I thought it was while I was writing it.

 

 

 

Sunggyu's in the middle of brushing his teeth when he feels Woohyun's eyes boring into the back of his head. He shifts himself to meet the other man's gaze through the bathroom mirror. Woohyun is standing in the doorway, already dressed though the ends of his hair are still a bit damp.

They'd fallen asleep on the couch after spending an embarrassing amount of time making out. As amazing as kissing Woohyun had been, though, the part Sunggyu enjoyed the most was having the other in his arms, holding him close. It was a new experience for them, but somehow it felt right. Like it's something they've been doing for as long as they've known each other.

"What's that look," he asks, leaning down to rinse his mouth. When he straightens, Woohyun is still by the door. He has a wide grin on his face. For what feels like the hundredth time since waking up next to him, Sunggyu wonders how he never noticed how adorable Woohyun is without even trying.

Woohyun shrugs, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm just surprised."

"That I'm brushing my teeth?"

"That you're here," Woohyun corrects him with a soft laugh.

Sunggyu slips the spare toothbrush into the holder next to Woohyun's and turns around. "Am I supposed to be somewhere else?" He knows what Woohyun is trying to say. He's done a lot of unexpected things in the last twelve hours. But he's happy he stayed and he doesn't plan on leaving any time soon. (Though he does have to leave eventually because they both have work.)

Woohyun stands up a little straighter as Sunggyu approaches him. "Are you having breakfast before you leave," he asks, avoiding Sunggyu's question. He looks up hopefully at the older man. It's kind of unfair how he manages to look both soft and alluring.

Sunggyu nods in answer, contemplating closing the distance between the two of them. Woohyun seems to be thinking the same thing, though Sunggyu can't tell if the other means for him to hear his thoughts. There's a long moment of silence as they just look at each other. It's like a game of chicken to see who'll make the first move. Sunggyu thinks he should, but at the same time he's still wary of things moving too fast.

Woohyun solves Sunggyu’s dilemma for him. He leans forward before the other can second guess himself and pull away. Their lips touch softly at first, like Woohyun’s testing the waters. He applies more pressure as he grows more confident and Sunggyu starts to reciprocate. The kiss stays chaste, though Woohyun's thoughts carry the opposite sentiment. Sunggyu tries not to blush too hard when he pulls away. Their faces are still close together, close enough that he can practically feel the warmth from Woohyun's gaze. "It's okay," Woohyun tells him gently. He Sunggyu's face with his thumb. "You don't have to hesitate. You can kiss me whenever you want to, spend the night sleeping next to me, or, you know, just be nice to me. I know how hard that is for you," he jokes.

Sunggyu immediately takes Woohyun's advice to heart. He doesn't hesitate to steal a quick kiss. The look of surprise on Woohyun's face melts into barely repressed happiness. "Something like that," Sunggyu asks teasingly. He's sure he'll get the hang of this new aspect of their relationship in no time.

Thankfully, Woohyun seems ready to meet him halfway. "It's a start," he muses as he wraps his arms around Sunggyu's neck to pull him close again.