One And One Is Two - Sungyeol/Woohyun

Vignettes

Prompt: Imagine Person A of your OTP has been crushing on Person B from afar and Person A's sibling has had enough of their pining and tells Person B. (Bonus: Person A is present... and mortified.)

 

Hello, all. This one took a while and I still managed to end it abruptly. I should point out that instead of a sibling, I put Hoya as Woohyun's friend. I don't think I have any other comments about this story, so I'll stop talking now.

 

 

"You're drooling."

Woohyun's hand flies to his (thankfully) dry mouth before he turns to glare at his friend sitting next to him. He wasn't drooling. Staring longingly for an extended period of time when he should be writing a Psychology paper that's due first thing in the morning? Maybe. But definitely not drooling.

"Why don't you just talk to him," Hoya continues, not the least bit intimidated by Woohyun. He turns back to the History textbook on the table in front of him. Unlike some (lovesick) people he's actually trying to get some work done.

Woohyun abandons his unfinished paper, heaving a dramatic sigh, and rests his head in one of his hands. "It's not that easy." His eyes wander back over to the guy sitting a few tables away. Woohyun doesn't know his name or any other important information about him. But ever since he had accidentally bumped into the guy on his way into the library, Woohyun had fallen instantly in love. The smile the stranger gave him as he waved off Woohyun's apology had made sure of that. Now Woohyun comes to the library to steal glances at the guy when he should be focusing on his schoolwork.

Hoya scoffs, marking his spot in his book with his pen before shutting it and turning to his friend. "There's literally nothing easier than that. Just go up to him and say hi."

In theory, Woohyun thinks, it probably is that easy. But in practice it really isn't. He knows that for a fact. He's tried "just talking" to the guy but he's only gotten as far as a couple of steps in his direction before he chickened out and rushed back to his seat. It's actually a lot more complicated than it seems.
Woohyun only sighs in response, letting his gaze fall once again on the student he's been pining after. The other has his head bowed over his books with a pen tapping intermittently against his lips. Some of his dark hair falls down to cover one of his eyes and Woohyun doesn't think he's entirely prepared for the way the guy looks as he combs a hand through his hair to clear his vision.

"Alright, that's it." The sound of Hoya's voice, respectfully low but also annoyed, pulls Woohyun back to the present in time to see his friend pushing his chair away from the table. "If you're not gonna do anything about this, then I will," Hoya says as he stands up. It takes him all of two steps before Woohyun finally realizes what the other plans to do. Woohyun scrambles out of his seat, barely managing to keep his voice down as he pleads, "You can't go over there." He grabs onto Hoya's shoulder as if that alone will be able to keep his friend from embarrassing him in front of his crush.

Hoya easily shrugs off the other's hand. "You, stay here," he commands Woohyun like he's a dog being trained.

"But—"

"Sit." He points to Woohyun's recently vacated seat. Obediently, albeit reluctantly, Woohyun follows the order. Telling himself that it would be more embarrassing to be standing next to Hoya as his friend confesses for him, he watches the other stomp away.

Hoya has a friendly smile on his face when he stops in front of the guy's table. It stretches after the guy looks up at him and he introduces himself. They shake hands awkwardly, confusion written all over the seated student's face. His confusion grows deeper before jumping over to utter surprise. His mouth forms an 'o' as his eyes nearly pop out of his head. Woohyun desperately wishes he could hear what Hoya was saying to cause the guy to make that kind of expression.

As Hoya continues to talk, the guy's surprise turns into a small smile and pink-tinged cheeks. Woohyun decides the flustered look suits his face. He's so busy admiring the other guy's features he doesn't notice that the guy has turned his attention to him until their eyes meet. Jumping in surprise, Woohyun quickly looks away and slumps in his seat to hide behind his laptop screen. His heart beats wildly in his chest, equally thrilled and terrified. He takes a moment to calm himself before peeking over his laptop.

The guy is now the one doing the talking. He rubs the back of his neck while keeping his eyes glued to the table. Hoya nods at whatever the guy is saying and Woohyun assumes the conversation is over after that because his friend starts making his way back over to their table. The guy goes back to his work, but it's obvious he's not as focused on it as he had been before.

"You owe me one," Hoya tells Woohyun when he finally sits down.

"For what?"

Hoya reopens his textbook, intent on finally getting some work done. "Don't get too excited; it's not like I got you a date or anything. His name's Sungyeol. He was very flattered and he asked me to tell you that you're welcome to join him at his table whenever you like." A big smile breaks out on Woohyun's face at Hoya's words. "And I probably shouldn't tell you since your head's big enough already, but he noticed you too and was hoping you would talk to him first."

Woohyun's too busy floating to Cloud Nine to notice the slight dig. His name's Sungyeol. And he noticed Woohyun. And he wants to talk to him. There can't be anything better than that.

"What are you waiting for?"

Not for the first (or last) time that day, Woohyun is pulled from his thoughts by his friend's voice. He looks at him in confusion, the corners of his mouth still turned up in a smile. "What are you talking about?"

Hoya rolls his eyes and lets out an exasperated sigh. "You're supposed to go talk to him now. Obviously."

The smile on Woohyun's face drops completely at the same time his stomach drops down to his feet.