Baby, Baby, Baby - Sunggyu/Sungjong

Vignettes

Prompt: Imagine Person A getting a papercut or some other minor injury and Person B kissing it better.

 

This is pretty short (especially after the last chapter) and not all that exciting. It's not necessarily an AU, but it's also not not an AU; it can be up to interpretation. I guess I took a bit of inspiration from that one interview they did where Sungjong carried Sunggyu on his back for some reason. The title is from an AKB48 song that probably isn't related at all. I think I'll wait to update this until next month since I have a Halloween-themed prompt that I've been meaning to write. It'll be hojong if anyone wanted to look forward to it.

 

 

 

It's only after a lot of whining on Sunggyu's part that Sungjong sits the two of them down on the living room couch with the first aid kit. Sunggyu had complained endlessly to Sungjong about the scratch he'd gotten from Sungyeol's cat. ("That thing is evil," he'd griped. "Maybe she just doesn't like you," had been Sungjong's dry reply.) He'd waved the two barely visible red lines on his arm in Sungjong's face as he moaned about how painful they were. Sungjong silently wonders how a full grown adult can act like such a baby.

Sunggyu hisses, squeezing his eyes shut and recoiling from Sungjong as much as he can while the other is holding onto his wrist.

"I haven't even done anything yet," Sungjong informs him.

Sunggyu opens his eyes slowly to find that it's true. The cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol that Sungjong's holding has yet to touch the cuts on Sunggyu's forearm. "Oh, sorry," Sunggyu apologizes nonchalantly as he sits up straight. Sungjong rolls his eyes and finally starts disinfecting Sunggyu's arm. He dabs the cotton ball along the small lines as Sunggyu yelps in surprise. The muscles in his arm tense when Sungjong holds the cotton ball on the wound a touch longer than necessary.

"Hey, watch it," Sunggyu scolds, jerking his arm out of Sungjong's grip. He brings it close to his face and blows on it to try to ease the stinging, throwing a disgruntled look at Sungjong. "I might as well just do it myself."

"I don't know why you didn't," the younger man grumbles. He tosses the cotton ball onto the table and picks a large Band-Aid out of the kit. To his surprise Sunggyu complies when he gestures to see his arm. He unwraps the Band-Aid and places it gently onto the scratch marks. (He's only gentle because Sunggyu threatens bodily harm.) When Sungjong's done he turns to pack up the first aid kit, but stops short when Sunggyu practically shoves his bandaged arm in his face. "What?" Sungjong doesn't bother to hide the irritation in his voice.

"You forgot something," Sunggyu answers simply. Then he points to his own lips with the arm that isn't in Sungjong's face. It's hard to tell if he's being serious. Sungjong stares at him for a moment, but Sunggyu only stares back at him expectantly. Keeping his eyes trained on Sunggyu, Sungjong slowly leans forward to lightly press his lips against the beige of the Band-Aid on Sunggyu's arm.

Sunggyu smiles wide enough to make his eyes disappear when Sungjong pulls back. "Thanks," he says, brighter than he's been all day. He holds his arm protectively to his chest as he stands up. He ruffles Sungjong's hair before walking away (skipping might be a more appropriate verb).

Sungjong watches him leave the room in stunned silence. And he thought Myungsoo was weird.