Untitled VIII - Myungsoo/Sungyeol

Vignettes

Prompt: Imagine Person A sighing and telling Person B, “You only love me for my_____” expecting person B to deny it. Instead person B simply nods their head in agreement with a dreamy “Yeah…” Person A proceeds to smack person B in retaliation.

 

It's been a while since I updated this. I've been trying to focus on that one chaptered story I'm working on right now, but now that I'm almost done with that I decided to write a quick little something. And it's fluffy myungyeol, so I just had to. This is in the same universe as Hooked, just FYI.

 

 

 

Myungsoo's sure he feels the most comfortable when he first wakes up in the morning. Everything is kind of hazy and soft and the bed is wonderfully warm. It's probably the best feeling in the world. Actually, scratch that. The best feeling in the world is waking up with Sungyeol's arms wrapped tightly around him. And that's exactly what Myungsoo wakes up to nearly every morning.

This morning had seemed like the exception since Sungyeol had ended up filming late into the night and Myungsoo assumed he would just crash on the couch. It wouldn't be the first time Sungyeol didn't have the energy to make it to the bedroom before falling asleep. But to Myungsoo's surprise, there's a warm body pressed against his back and light snoring filling up the room. (Sungyeol still insists he doesn't snore—"Movie stars don't snore"—but Myungsoo obviously knows better.)

Although his sleepiness is starting to wear off, Myungsoo still pulls the covers up to his neck and presses himself just a little bit closer to Sungyeol. The small movement is enough to rouse the other, an unfortunately light sleeper. Sungyeol lets out a sleepy groan and mumbles something.

"What," Myungsoo asks quietly.

"You're so warm," Sungyeol repeats a bit more coherently. He presses his face into the back of Myungsoo's head.

Myungsoo's laugh is soft. "And that's a good thing, right?"

"Of course. You're like my own personal heater."

"I knew it: you only love me for my body heat."

Sungyeol drops his head down to nuzzle at his boyfriend's neck. His lips trace a line up to Myungsoo's ear, drawing out a small shiver from the other man. "Yeah, I do," he sighs into Myungsoo's skin.

It takes a moment for Sungyeol's words to register. When they do, Myungsoo reaches behind him to smack Sungyeol's arm. There's no force behind it, but Sungyeol still whines. "You're not supposed to agree with it."

"But I do love your body heat."

"And what else?"

Sungyeol hums in thought and Myungsoo squirms at the ensuing vibrations that tickle his ear. "Can you ask again when I actually wake up," he asks.

Myungsoo's laugh is louder this time. He turns to lay on his back and looks over at Sungyeol. "You're supposed to say something cheesy like that you love everything about me. Or just 'I love you'."

"Okay," Sungyeol nods slowly, leaning in to press a soft kiss to the corner of Myungsoo's mouth. "I love you." He holds the other's gaze as he says it. Myungsoo pulls the covers over his face in response. Sungyeol laughs as he tries to uncover his boyfriend's probably blushing face. "You told me to say it," he reminds him.

"But still." Myungsoo lets Sungyeol pull the covers down to reveal his eyes. He looks up at Sungyeol's smiling face, still in disbelief that he's with someone so perfect. And they're in love. He doesn't doubt Sungyeol's feelings for him; it's just surprising to know that this is really happening. They're lying in bed together and Sungyeol's telling him he loves him and it's all really real.

"You know, it would be nice if you said it back."

"I love you," Myungsoo says immediately. He knocks Sungyeol onto his back as he wraps his arms around him and peppers his face with kisses. "I love you," he says after each press of his lips to his boyfriend’s skin. They’re both laughing by the time Sungyeol manages to push Myungsoo’s face away. And when Sungyeol leans over to connect their lips, Myungsoo is sure that this is the best feeling in the world.