So Kiss Me - Myungsoo/Sungyeol

Vignettes

Prompt: Person A is stuck in the kissing booth and Person B keeps getting back in line to kiss them.

 

I'm back again with more myungyeol. And of course they're kissing. I wrote this while writing, like, three other stories, so it's not that long.

 

 

 

Sungyeol pauses in cursing Woohyun's existence to smile at the guy in front of him. He's going to kill his friend for signing him up without telling him, but that can wait until later. "Back again," he asks the dark-haired guy.

"Anything for the children."

Resting his forearms on the counter, Sungyeol doesn't bother hiding the grin on his face. This is the third time this guy, whose name he has yet to learn, has come to the kissing booth. Sungyeol would find it weird if he didn't find the other incredibly cute. And their first kiss had been like a jolt of electricity, leaving his lips tingling and his heart thumping in his chest. "And here I thought you were coming because of me," he says with just a touch of sarcasm.

The guy laughs, leaning just enough on the counter to bring their faces close together. "There's that, too." In the moment before their lips meet, he stares into Sungyeol's eyes. His mouth opens slightly almost as if he wants to say something. But then he's kissing Sungyeol and it's like it never happened. The kiss is longer than is actually allowed for the kissing booth. Sungyeol can hear some grumbling from people waiting in line, wondering why they're taking so long. When the guy breaks the kiss Sungyeol gets the feeling again that he's holding something back. But before he can ask him about it, the other man starts moving away. "See you," he says and Sungyeol can't tell if that means he'll be back or he's just saying goodbye.

The guy walks away, leaving Sungyeol wondering if he'll ever see him again. Unfortunately, the line is still long and he doesn't get to dwell on the cute guy whose name he doesn't even know. Five minutes pass, then ten. After fifteen Sungyeol resigns himself to kissing overeager strangers for the rest of the night. Or at least until his shift is over. He counts down the minutes as they inch by, his mood increasing as his time in the booth comes to an end.

The only thing on his mind when Howon comes to relieve him is brushing his teeth as many times as it takes to make his mouth feel clean again. So he's nothing short of surprised to almost knock over the guy from earlier as he's rushing out of the kissing booth. "I'm so—" he starts to apologize before he realizes who's standing in front of him. Sungyeol freezes, his hands holding onto the other's waist to keep him from falling.

"I was hoping I wouldn't be too late." The guy sounds slightly out of breath. It could be from almost being knocked to the ground, but Sungyeol hopes it's because of their close proximity.

"You were looking for me?" Sungyeol tries to act casual despite the acrobatics his stomach is currently doing. There's only one reason he can think of for the other man to be looking for him. He lets his hands slip from the guy's waist and takes a step back.

The guy nods, a shy smile playing on his lips. "Yeah, well, I usually wait until the second date for the kiss. And seeing as we've kissed three times already, I think there's some catching up we should be doing."

Sungyeol has to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from blurting out a yes. He's supposed to be playing it cool. Resisting the urge to touch the dimple that forms in the other's cheek, he tries to keep his focus on the conversation. "I think you're still forgetting a step, though," he says, crossing his arms over his chest. "Unless you want me to keep calling you 'the cute guy I've kissed three times'."

The guy lets out a soft chuckle. (And Sungyeol falls a little harder.) "As nice as that sounds, I'd rather you call me Myungsoo."