Untitled X - Myungsoo/Sungyeol

Vignettes

Prompt: Imagine Person A, a succubus/incubus who is extremely bad at their job, asking person B, a human, to teach them how to seduce people.

 

For some reason myungyeol immediately popped into my head when I first read this prompt. I only did light research for this, though, so I'm mostly making up the little bit of incubus/succubus mythology I put in here. And because it's what I do, I'm definitely expanding on this. I might possibly make it a short series. I've written a lot of it in my head, but it's going to take a while actually write it. Hopefully that's something to look forward to. Every time I try to write something short it turns out so much longer than I planned. Enjoy~

 

 

 

"Can I ask you for a favor?" Myungsoo avoids looking at where Sungyeol is stretched out on the couch. He feels awkward enough asking his roommate/best friend/sometimes crush for something so ridiculous. It's only because he trusts Sungyeol so much that he's willing to risk the embarrassment. Of course, he's expecting the other to laugh at him; he would laugh at himself too if he wasn't so desperate. But, that aside, he knows Sungyeol will try to help him as best as he can. That's what friends are for.

Sungyeol turns his attention away from the TV to look up at him. He seems genuinely curious and not at all wary. "I think I should know what the favor is first," he answers simply.

Myungsoo had known he would have to explain himself eventually, but he still hesitates. It's not a difficult favor, especially when he considers the alternative one he could be asking for. After a deep breath to gather his courage, he finally voices the question. "Could you, maybe, teach me how to seduce someone?"

Sungyeol blinks once as he processes Myungsoo's request. "You don't know how?" His curiosity gives way for confusion as he sits up on the couch. He's not exactly judging Myungsoo (not yet, at least), but Myungsoo still finds his stare hard to match.

"Never mind," he tries to dismiss the conversation. Asking Sungyeol now feels like a bad idea. He should've went with Sungjong instead; they have quite a few things in common after all. "Forget I said anything." Myungsoo turns to head back to his bedroom, but Sungyeol catches his arm and pulls him to sit down next to him.

"I can't forget it now that you've brought it up," Sungyeol says. He still has a firm hold of Myungsoo's arm, but the other man doesn't mention it. "Why do you want me to teach you how to seduce someone? Isn't that, like, second nature for your kind?"

It's not Sungyeol's fault he doesn't fully understand incubus/succubus biology; they haven't exactly discussed it at length. Despite how comfortable they are with each other, Myungsoo has always felt the subject was too awkward to bring up between friends. He sighs as he shakes off Sungyeol's hand. "We're more skilled at seduction, I guess, but I wouldn't say it's in our blood or anything like that."

"So again: why do you need me?"

Worse than asking Sungyeol for his help is explaining why he needs it in the first place. And now that curiosity's piqued, there's no way Myungsoo can just brush him off. "I meant 'we' in the general sense. Lilin demons are generally good at seduction. Me, specifically, I—I'm not." He looks down at his lap, his cheeks growing hot. "It's not like I don't know how. I do...in theory. In practice is where I mess it up."

The empathy Myungsoo had hoped for from his best friend is nowhere in sight. Sungyeol looks at him like he's just said the most ridiculous thing. "Have you ever looked in a mirror? Is your face not enough to melt the pants off someone?"

Myungsoo knows he's good looking. He's heard so enough times and he does, in fact, own a mirror. That's a part of him that really is in his blood. Conventional good looks are a common trait among Lilin demons, though there are a rare few who make up for the lack of it with excessive charm or personality. And while physical attraction is an important aspect in the lives of most incubi and succubi (for themselves as well as their partners), for Myungsoo it's not quite as paramount. Especially when it comes to his first impression. Which is why he's come to Sungyeol for guidance.

"It's not enough for me," he admits. He doesn't want to rely on just his looks, but unfortunately that's about the only thing he has going for him when it comes to seduction. Flirtatious words and inviting body language aren't his strong suits. "I want to be like you."

Sungyeol's surprise at Myungsoo's statement quickly turns to disbelief. Turning his whole body to face Myungsoo, he lets out a scoff. "What makes you think I'm any better than you? If anything, I'm worse."

"People like you. And not just because you're handsome. You're also funny and sweet and caring and mature. You know how to talk to people. How to make them smile or laugh or just be comfortable around you. I know people like me, too," Myungsoo rambles. He wishes Sungyeol would hurry up and interrupt him so he can stop, but the other looks too shell-shocked to do much of anything. So Myungsoo keeps talking. "But I also know most of them really only like my face. They're not interested in who I am and it's hard for me to change their minds. I'm not good with words like you. I want you to teach me how you do it. I mean, I know it's probably natural and you don't even notice it, but I think I can still learn something."

It's not until he stops talking that Myungsoo wonders if he's said too much; revealed more than he intended. He's not sure exactly how much he likes Sungyeol. If he's in love with him, in lust, or just incredibly fond of him. They've been friends for so long that any of those options are possible.

"Oh," is Sungyeol's response after a full minute of silence. He's watching Myungsoo's face like he's searching for something, but Myungsoo has no idea what it could be. "I didn't know you felt that way." He doesn't add the "or me", but Myungsoo can still hear it. "I can't make any promises," Sungyeol warns him. The casual tone he uses is clearly fake, although the smile he sends Myungsoo is genuine.

It takes a second for the words to sink in for Myungsoo. Once they do, he looks at Sungyeol with wide eyes. "Really? You'll help me?"

Sungyeol shrugs, his smile widening as he watches Myungsoo's reaction. "Well, you just made a whole speech about how great I am. It would look bad if I said no after that."

If Sungyeol isn't planning on making a big deal about what Myungsoo said, then Myungsoo figures he shouldn't either. And it's not like he confessed his feelings or anything. He just gave an honest opinion of his best friend; there's no need to read too much into that.

"Okay," Sungyeol says. He shifts a little bit closer to Myungsoo and leans his elbow on the back of the couch. "Show me what you got." When Myungsoo furrows his brow in confusion, he sighs heavily. "Show me how you usually flirt," he explains. "I need to know what I'm dealing with."

"Y-you want me to flirt with you?" Under normal circumstances, Myungsoo is a flustered mess. He's not cool or smooth or y at all. Now the guy he's crushing on is seriously asking him to make a move on him. He doesn't see that being anything other than a complete train wreck.

Sungyeol nods in answer, oblivious to the bind Myungsoo is in. "I won't laugh at you," he swears, but amends it shortly after. "Okay, I'll try not to laugh at you."

There's nothing reassuring about that for Myungsoo, but if this is how he's going to get Sungyeol to help him then he should it up and get the embarrassment over with. He turns to Sungyeol, keeping his gaze focused on a spot just below the other's eyes. His voice fails him the first time he tries to say something. Clearing his throat, he says he first thing that pops into his head. "D-do you come here often?"

To his credit, Sungyeol doesn't laugh. He doesn't react at all for a long moment. Eventually he lets out another long sigh, his eyes falling shut in the process. "Oh my God," he says with his eyes still closed, "It’s worse than I thought."