Don't Talk To Strangers - Sungjong/Sungyeol

Vignettes

Imagine Person A being a product of a science experiment and Person B is the first real person that A sees. Person A becomes curious about B and their ways so he/she follows B around, asking them questions about everything, even silly things. 

 

Here's some yeoljong this time, although there isn't an established romantic connection. If I continued it there probably could be,  though. I think I followed the prompt a lot more closely this time. I'm not too thrilled with the ending,  but I felt like it was getting unnecessarily long so I tried to wrap it up as best as I could. 

 

 

Sungjong happens upon the guy in the supermarket parking lot barking at a Labrador in a Hyundai. He's tall with somewhat unruly brown hair. Thankfully he's the skinny kind of tall and not the hulking kind. So if he were to snap, at least he would probably do as much damage to Sungjong as Sungjong could do to him. Which isn't very much, admittedly. The ill-fitting white pants and long-sleeved shirt along with plush bunny-eared slippers has Sungjong raising an eyebrow. Not that he has any firsthand knowledge of mental institutions (because he is fortunately sane), but the stranger's attire seems a lot like what patients in those sorts of places would wear.

Sungjong gives the other a wide berth as he walks through the parking lot. He doesn't have a car so he's forced to lug his purchases home, which is only a couple blocks away. Despite his best efforts to avoid the obvious lunatic, the guy notices him and quickly forgets about his attempt at communicating (if one can call it that) with the dog in the car. He tries his hardest to engage Sungjong in a conversation, practically breathing down his neck as he attempts to get the other to acknowledge him. He only succeeds when Sungjong decides talking to him might be the easiest way to get rid of him. Which turns out to be a bad idea.

According to this strange man, who apparently doesn't have a name (but is open to suggestions), he had awoken in the supermarket parking lot with no recollection of how he'd gotten there. In fact, he can't remember anything before that morning. He doesn't know who he is, where he came from, where he is now, or even why his memory is blank.

After giving Sungjong his unsolicited life story (which is fairly short considering he doesn't remember more than the last few hours of it), the stranger continues to follow him and ask fairly personal questions. Sungjong only gives him his name. The guy seems harmless enough, but it probably isn't wise to give him too much information. So far he has only said one other thing to the guy: an irritated "what do you want?" He doesn't understand why the other can't see that he doesn't want to be bothered.

Sungjong pauses when he hears the shuffling footsteps behind him stop. He stands with two heavy grocery bags pulling his arms down and debating if he should turn around or just keep walking. The choice seems obvious: he regrets responding to Tall Guy (as he's decided to call him) and has been hoping the other would lose interest and find a stray cat to strike up a conversation with. But Sungjong is a lot softer than he cares to admit.

He curses under his breath before turning around.

The guy is stopped in front of a small café with his head cocked to the side and a captivated expression on his face. "What are they doing," he asks Sungjong as  he approaches him.

When Sungjong looks into the shop he sees a couple at a table in front of the window. They're sitting shoulder-to-shoulder, all smiles and clasped hands and sweet words whispered shyly. Having concluded that the strange guy was suffering from amnesia, Sungjong had assumed that meant he was familiar with the different types of human relationships. But apparently that isn't the case. It only increases the suspicion that the guy is missing more than his memory.

"They're on a date," he answers slowly.

"Date?" Tall Guy continues to stare at the couple who seem to be so enthralled with each other that they're oblivious to anything else. Sungjong doesn't know which is worse: the creep with the innocence of a five-year-old next to him or the two nauseating lovebirds in front of him.

"Yeah, a date." He doesn't know why he's explaining the concept to this stranger. "It's when two people go out and spend time together because they like each other. And they want to know more about each other."

Tall Guy nods pensively as he takes in the information. "So, is that something everyone does? Going on dates?"

"Most people do it, I guess."

"We should go on a date."

Sungjong nearly drops his bags in shock. This guy he just met, whose name he doesn't even know, just asked him out. And with the most serious voice and the straightest face. Or, at least, as straight a face as the guy can manage when his eyes are round and maybe just a little hypnotizing. (In the back of his mind Sungjong wonders if Tall Guy has the whole universe in his eyes with how big and full of light they are.)

"Why...?" It's hard to finish the question when he's not sure which question he wants to ask first. Why would Sungjong want to go out with him? Why would he want to go out with Sungjong? But, really, the biggest why is why the hell he's still standing here talking to this guy.

Tall Guy gives him a small smile. "You seem nice," he tells Sungjong before turning back to the café. He misses the skeptical eyebrow the shorter boy raises. His head to the side again as his attention goes back to the couple. When Sungjong looks to see what the other is baffled by this time he isn't surprised to find that the couple is now unabashedly conjoined at the mouth.

"You can't be serious," Sungjong scoffs at the other's innocent face. Dating is one thing, but he finds it incredibly hard to believe that the guy doesn't know what kissing is, even with amnesia.

"Maybe we--" Tall Guy starts, but Sungjong cuts him off before he can finish.

"There's no way in Hell your lips are getting anywhere near mine."