Tell Me More, Tell Me More - Hoya/Sungjong

Vignettes

Prompt: Hugged/kissed the wrong person in a costume like my friend’s.

 

Here's the Halloween-themed hojong I promised. (I should really write more hojong since I tagged them and everything.) I guess I'm so-so on this one. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite either. The title is from a song from Grease which I also referenced a bit in the story. Originally, I was going to go with a different prompt for this, but I couldn't think of anything for that so I went with this instead. I have a couple more prompts lined up for this collection, but I don't know when I'll get around to writing them. Anyway, enjoy~

 

 

Howon should've known better when Woohyun said he had to go to the bathroom. Some girl in a y costume probably caught his eye and he just made up an excuse so he could ditch Howon. Now Howon is all by himself in the middle of a dancefloor full of people he doesn't know. It wouldn't be that bad if he wasn't currently dressed up like one of the T-Birds. (He doesn't know why he let Woohyun talk him into coming to this Halloween party as a character from an old American movie. There might have been a lot of flattery involved.)

He looks around the room in search of a familiar face. At least then he wouldn't have to suffer alone. All he sees are people with their faces painted or obscured by masks. He decides to look at the costumes instead. Sunggyu had come as a vampire of all things, donning a red cloak and some cheap plastic fangs, while Dongwoo rounded out Howon and Woohyun's greaser gang trio. Howon scans the crowd for either of them (he's given up on Woohyun as he assumes the other is in a dark corner somewhere doing things Howon doesn't even want to think about) while awkwardly rebuffing offers to dance. It takes a couple minutes, but he finally catches a flash of red in his periphery. When he turns to get a better look he sees that it's from a cloak similar to the one Sunggyu had been wearing. He steps through the crowd to get closer to the guy he's starting to think is his friend. At first he reaches out to tap Sunggyu's shoulder, but thinks better of it. Instead Howon decides to annoy him.

"Did you find any nice necks to ," he asks as he wraps his arms around Sunggyu's waist. He puts his mouth close to the other's ear, knowing it'll piss Sunggyu off.

The man in his arms stiffens and turns his head to look at Howon. Big, doe-like eyes meet Howon's. There's a moment of silence where Howon sees his life flash before his eyes. Pulling his arms from around the guy who is definitely not Sunggyu, he puts as much distance between the two of them as the crowd around them allows. Now that Howon is really looking at him he sees that the guy doesn't resemble Sunggyu at all. For one thing, he's taller. And thinner. And way better looking. And he’s pulling off the vampire look better than Sunggyu.

Howon runs a nervous hand through his hair. It's a little difficult with the amount of gel he'd put in it. "I-I thought you were someone else," he explains weakly. He wants to crawl under a rock and die of embarrassment, but he figures he should apologize first. "My friend has the same costume."

The guy looks down at his clothes, seemingly genuinely surprised that someone else had thought to come as a stereotypical vampire. "Honest mistake, I guess," he says when he looks back at Howon and Howon is relieved to see that he's neither angry nor creeped out.

"So, uh," Howon tries to exude as much of Danny Zuko's charm as he can (or was he supposed to be Kenickie?) despite his usual lack of finesse. "If I haven't totally weirded you out, do you think you might want to dance? Um, with me? I promise to keep my hands to myself."

That gets a small laugh out of the taller man and Howon mentally pats himself on the back. "But where's the fun in that?" Howon isn’t sure if he’s joking or not with the way his lips curl up into a smile, but he still follows the guy into the crowd. They end up pressed close involuntarily (at least on Howon’s end it is; he’s hesitant to be too close after how they met) and Howon debates with himself about where his hands should go. Eventually they settle on the other’s sides, just above his waist. “Sungjong, in case you were wondering,” the guy says into Howon’s ear, speaking up because of the loud music surrounding them.

It takes a moment before the words click and Howon realizes the guy is introducing himself. “Howon,” he responds. Sungjong gives him that same curled lip smile as he straightens up to his full height. It makes Howon curious to know what he’s thinking. But as Sungjong brings their bodies even closer together, Howon figures they’ll have time for twenty questions later. Right now there are other ways for them to get to know each other.