╬22╬

He's a jerk...My jerk (o・_・)ノ”(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)

L carried piles of plates in the kitchen where Yoomi was wiping the counter. He placed the dishes in the sink.

Sunggyu then ran in the kitchen. "Dont use the sink. Use the dish washer.I think it's already been set, just place the stuff in there and run it." He ran away after that.

"Nice, less work." L said.

"There’s the dishwasher." Yoomi said pointing the dishwasher. "I go get the rest of the dishes." She walked out.

The plates were already piled up. The table were cleaned. She carried the plates in the kitchen.

"Yah, its not running." L said pressing the button couple of times.

"Its not?" She places the plates on the counter and went to the dish washer. "Is it on?"

"Yep, I turned it on." He nod.

Yoomi stood up to make sure if it was . She smiled. "You the hot water." She turned off the hot water and the dish washer.

"Oh, haha." L let out a awkward laugh with embarrassment. "I don't belong in the kitchen."

"Thats basic." She said. She was doing well. She was being calm and not embarrassing herself. "Anyway, I'll go clean the floor."

"I've done that." L said.

"Oh, okay. I'll go to Sohee then." She smiled, which didn't look like a smile...

"Lets talk." L leaned on the counter. "Come."

Yoomi obeyed him, though she didn't want to.

"About what...?" She ask.

"Did you know that you avoid me a lot?" He ask, surprising her.

"Huh? Wh-What? N-No." She awkwardly laughed.

"Since junior school. I still remember you running into your room when I and Byung came to your house. Wait, I think you dro-"

"OKAY. OKAY! Stop." She held up her arms admitting it. She was blushing hard with embarrassment.

"But... You might think it may not be possible, or you might get hurt if I say this, but Yoomi, it’s not me who you like." He said getting serious. "It’s someone else, and you are afraid to admit it."

"Huh?" Was all she let out. She was confused. What was he trying to say? Did she just get rejected? She just got friend zoned?

 

There was a long silence until L.Joe came bursting in. Yoomi sighed in relief. "What are you two doing? Are you guys done?" He ask.

"The dishes are washing in here." L said. "I'll go upstairs. Yoomi, think again." He patted her shoulder before he went, leaving the two.

"What happened between you two...?" He ask as he walked to Yoomi and jumped on the counter.

"I...think.. I just got... friend zoned..." She let out. She realized she got friend zoned but she wasn't feeling hurt or anything. She felt nothing. It was as if her feelings had faded away.

"He rejected you? That-" He was about to jump off the counter when she stopped him.

"But I'm fine. I thought I would have different reaction."

"You sure?" He ask.

She nod.

L.Joe grinned, he swung his arms around her neck as he jumped off the counter then head locked her.

"Aish, let go." She tried to push him but he pulled her closer.

"Shall we go home?" He ask as he walked out of the kitchen with Yoomi still in his arms.

"But-" "Everyone is asleep. We have nothing to do."

"How are we going to get home? We don't have a driver." She was finally freed. She gave him a hard punch.

"Ah! Who said we need a driver?" He grinned again. He grabbed the keys from Sunggyu’s coat. "I'll drive."

“You’re not even close to him. How can you drive his car? Plus, that car is special to him.”

“I won’t damage it. Trust me.”

 

"Ahhh!!! You'll kill me!!" She was forcely seated after a while of dragging and keeping her on the seat. "Do you even have a license?!"

"I got it while I was in America." He said and started the car.

"Is that legal to use that in Korea?! Byunghun, let me go. I'll sleep here tonight. I don't want to die. I still have time to live."

"If I do cause an accident, I have my parents card." He looked back then drove backwards and turned smoothly to the road.

"Shhiiittt. You don't even have your own car, and you have a license?!"

"Will you calm down, you idiot? If you die, I’ll die with you." He said.

"Tsk, I'll leave you to die." She said. He looked at her with shut up face. "Dont look at me! Look at the road! Jerk!"

"Would you do that?" He ask, kind of hurt by those words.

"It was a joke. Yah! You're crossing that line!" Yoomi shout after seeing he was driving across the lane.

"Can you calm down?! So I can drive calmly as well!" He shouts back at her.

"Just don't get into an accident." She grabbed onto her seat belt.

'RING RING'

The car phone rang. 'Woohyun calling'

Yoomi slid the answer button.

'LEE BYUNGHUN! Get my car back here!' Sunggyu shout.

"." Yoomi cursed.

"Miahn. I'll get it to you tomorrow." He smiled at his reaction.

'Yah, take Sunggyu away. I'll handle this.' Woohyun said. Sunggyu’s muffling sound could be heard at the back.

'Lee Byunghun, that car is very precious to Sunggyu. Drive it but don't kill it. I'll come to yours tomorrow to get it.'

"Neehh~" L.Joe said and hung up.

"Byunghun, how long have you known Sunggyu that you just drove his car with no permission?" Yoomi asked rolling her eyes.

"Months. We're close... I think. But oh well, I won't kill it. Look, we're here anyway." He said as he smoothly parked the car at the side.

"Oo. That was good parking." Yoomi said with a nod.

"What do you think?' L.Joe smirked with satisfied. "Now he- oh, you're out already...bish!"

"Yah, we didn't bring our luggage." Yoomi said walking to her best friend.

"Call your driver." He said.

"He's off duty at night today cuz I told him we be at Sunggyus."

"Oh....we'll get it tomorrow then. Lets rest first." He pulled her in the house. "I’ll go wash up first." He said heading to his and hers room.

"I’ll wash up at mum and dads room." Yoomi said as she went the different directions to L.Joe but was stopped.

"You gon' sleep there?" He ask.

"Mm." She nod

"Ah, wae~?" He whined.

"Come on, we're grown up now. We're not kid anymore." She freed her wrist from him. "And I'll meet you tomorrow anyway."

"Alright. But don’t come running to me when you get scared." He teased.

"Psh. Like I'll be scared. I'm not like you." She ruffled his hair before going away.

"Fine." He said with disappointment. "Good night."

 

"Your friend took my car." Sunggyu breath calming himself down.

"I'm sure he won't.... kill it...." L put on oh- face but there was something telling him that he would kill that car.

"Even if he did damage it, he does have the money to repair. So do you." Sungyeol said.

"I, myself, has not even drove that car yet." Sunggyu exclaimed.

"Heh? I swear you've had that car for years..." Sungyeol said.

"I had a driver. And that car is just for display."

"Isn’t it because you can't pass your driving test? Even after like 5 times, you still failed." Woohyun said with a grin, which got swiped away when Sunggyu slammed a pillow on his face.

 

It was past mid-night, and L.Joe couldn't fall asleep. The flashback when he placed Yoomi in the bed kept repeating. He got butterflies in his stomach once again when Yoomi’s face appeared in his mind. "No. She likes L. I can't do this. It can't be." He was slowly realising what his heart was telling him. "Aish." He closed his eyes thinking of his mixed feelings.

"Byunghun!" Yoomi came bursting in.

"Waish!!!" L.Joe blotted up with his hands on his chest. "What are you doing?!" He shouted.

"I heard something." Yoomi jumped on the bed.

"What? You must be imagining stuff. Go away." He said. But inside he was worried. He just had to hide his feelings or their friendship would get messy.

"I heard a knock on the cupboard..."

"....you know there's like about 50 cupboard in the master room…"

"Aish, I don't know. It was scary."

"I thought you weren't scared." He grinned.

"Whatever." She folded her arms.

"Sleep here then. I'll sleep on the guest room cuz we're all 'grown up' and shouldn't share room." L.Joe said mocking her tone as he was about to get out of the bed.

"No! Don't go. It’s scary." She pulled him back on the bed.

"Wahh. Never thought you would be scared by these stuff." He said. "You really are a girl."

"What do you think?! If you had heard it as well, you would be scared as well." She said getting in the duvet.

"We'll go check it out tomorrow. Sleep first." He said lying down, with his back faced Yoomi.

"Night, stupid." Yoomi said poking his back before falling asleep.

"Night, fool."