Nine Sirens Info Page

Siren (Formerly 9Sirens/Nine Sirens) | Stardom Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded in May 2017

Siren (formerly Nine Sirens) (band)

 
 
Siren

-
Background information
Also known as Nine Sirens, 9SIRENS
Origin SeoulSouth Korea
Genres K-popdance-pop
Years active 2014-2017
Labels Stardom Entertainment
Universal Music Group
Hunus Entertainment
-
Associated Acts Cho PDTopp Dogg
 
 
Members Nata
Hyoeun
Jihyun
Hyo
Lena
 
Past members YoonAe
K
Hyun J
Ae
Jini (Deceased)
Jewel
Vi

Siren (formerly Nine Sirens) (Korean: 사이렌) is a South Korean girl group under Stardom Entertainment. The group debuted on June 13, 2014 with the song "Glue" from the EP album, Glue. The current lineup includes Nata, Hyoeun, Jihyun, Hyo, and Lena. The groups average height right now is 173 cm.

History

2014: Debut, YoonAe and K departure, three trainees to be the 8th member, 'No PlayBoy', new member Nata, Jewel's solo single 'Heaven', Hyun J and Ae departure, confirm comeback, 'Figaro' and new member Hyo, Femme Fatale

The formation of Nine Sirens was announced on April 21, 2014. Stardom Entertainment announced that Nine Sirens would be the company's first y concept girl group. Members were first revealed on June 3rd till June 7th. Their first release was on June 9, 2014, the EP album Glue. The group made their debut on June 13th on 'Music Bank'.

After a few weeks of promoting, members YoonAe and K weren't present for the rest of the 'Glue' promotions, and with no reason released from Stardom Entertainment. After the promotion month of Nine Sirens debut track 'Glue',  Stardom Entertainment announced that members YoonAe and K departed the group due to personal reasons. 

With that Stardom Entertainment announced that three trainees (Nata, Kimmie, Isi)  will promote along the original seven members of Nine Sirens in a new MV and the group would promote for two weeks to decide the 8th member. The deciding of the 8th member would be a world wide voting after the two week promotion. That's when 'No PlayBoy' was released  on July 11th as Nine Sirens first single. Nine Sirens first stage was on July 13th but, member Jewel couldn't perform with the rest of the group due to injuring her ankle while practicing . The world wide voting started on July 23rd and ended on July 27th, and with the waiting release of the chosen 8th member.

On August 1, trainee Nata was chosen to join the group as the eighth member. Stardom Entertainment also announced of Nine Sirens comeback sometime towards the end of the year or beginning of 2015. And the comeback would be without Jewel. 

On August 31st the girls performed with new member Nata at Lotte's '2014 Family Concert', and this was new member Nata's first live performance.

October 15th, Stardom Entertainment released a solo single titled 'Heaven' for Jewel's upcoming solo album to be released either end of this year or beginning of next year.

October 29th, Stardom Entertainment released news of members Hyun J and Ae to leave the group. Hyun J signed on with Wellmade Yedang to continue on with acting while Ae is to join another company.

On November 4th Stardom Entertainment  confirm that Nine Sirens will make a comeback on December 12th, and with a new member. 

Teasers were first released on November 15th. Stardom Entertainment even revealed new member Hyo on November 26th and became the new lead rapper and vocalist of the group. 

December 20th Stardom Entertainment and Simtong Entertainment released that the sisters in each group would perform at MBC's '2014 Gayo Daejaejun'. Nine Sirens's Jihyun and Jewel and K-Strike's S:igma and T:au. They were called NSKS (Nine Sirens & K-Strike) but changed their name to Femme Fatale. They performed a song titled 'Red Light'.  

2015: Jini's passing, 'Goodbye' #1, 'Full Moon', 'Showtime', Hyoeun joins, 'INNOCENT'

On February 3rd Stardom Entertainent sadly annouced that Jini had passed away due to Hodgkin Lymphoma cancer. The group then decided to take a short hiatus. The next day on 'M! Countdown', a song from debut album 'Glue', the song titled 'Goodbye' grabbed #1 within the day as tribute for Jini who wouldn't see a win in person.

Then on May 4th Nine Sirens posted a image with a full moon, with that on May 6th a track from Jewel was released titled 'Full Moon' featuring a trainee nicknamed H. A picture was later posted with the group on Jeju Island and with a mysterious girl.

On May 31st Stardom Entertainement released teasers for Nine Sirens comeback with their first mini album 'Showtime' was released. The profile of new member Hyoeun was released on June 3rd. They made their comeback stage on June 12th, one day before the group's one year anniversary and then their goodbye stage on July 12th.

On October 20th it was announced that Nine Sirens would make their comeback sometime in November. Nine Sirens second mini album 'INNOCENT' was released on November 10th and then following their comeback stage on November 14th at 'Music Core'.

2016: Jewel's full solo album, Contracts terminated, Jewel and Vi depart, name change to Siren, 'Girls', 'Canvas',

Hunus Entertainment announced that Jewel would finally release her first full lengh solo album and it was released on January 16th called 'What Is Love?' with the title track '1MIN 1 SEC'.

The day after Jewel's album was released news reports came out saying that Nine Sirens contracts were being terminaed. On January 19th, two days after the rumors Hunus Entertainment denied that contracts were going to be terminated but discussed with the members. But also the company announced that members Jewel and Vi have departed the group; with Jewel still under Hunus Entertainment but as a song writer and producer and Vi who will contiue her education. A comeback or new members has not be confirmed.

On January 31st Hunus Entertainment announced that Nine Sirens would change their group name to Siren and not add any new members to the group.

On February 3rd Siren released a single under their former name Nine Sirens titled 'Girls' to honor passing member Jini. The single was written and produced by former memer Jewel, who also featured with former members Vi and former leader Hyun J who left the group back in 2014. 'Girls' acheived an all-kill on music charts shortly after its release. This is the last song to be released as Nine Sirens.

On February 15th Hunus Entertainment announced that Siren would make their comeback in March. Teasers were released on the 20th till the 3rd mini album 'Canvas' release on March 4th with the title song 'You're Pitiful'. They made their comeback on March 5th on 'Show Champion', and their showcase the next day. This is the first acvitites as known as Siren. They ended promotions on April 6th at 'Show Champion'.

2017: Disbandment

Hunus Entertainment announced Siren's disbandment and members left the agency all together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members

Stage name Full name Date of birth+Positions
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
- - - -
Nata 나타 Ryo Hee Yeon 료희연 January 1, 1994 (age 22)
Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist
Jihyun 지현​ Han Ji Hyun 한지현 March 11, 1995 (age 21)
Vocalist
Hyo Im Hyo Sun 임효순 June 25, 1995 (age 21)
Lead Rapper and Vocalist
Hyoeun 효은 Moon Hyo Eun 문효은 January 4, 1994 (age 22)
Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Lena 러나​ Kang Elena 강엘레나 October 4, 1995 (age 21)
Lead Vocalist
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -

1st Generation Members
Jihyun
Lena

2nd Generation Members
Nata (Joined on August 1, 2014)
Hyo (Joined on November 26, 2014)

3rd Generation Members
Hyoeun (Joined on June 3, 2015)

Former Members

Stage name Full name Date of birth+Positions
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
YoonAe 윤아 Yoon Ji Nae 윤지내 January 4, 1995 (age 21)
Vocalist
K 케이 Kim Jeong Jin 김정진 June 14, 1997 (age 18)
Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Maknae
Hyun J  현재이 Song Hyun Jo 송현조  March 23, 1993 (age 22)
Leader, Vocalist, Rapper
Ae 애​ Lee Hyun Ae 이현애    September 15, 1995 (age 19)
Lead Rapper and Vocalist
Jini 지니 Hwang Su Jin 황수진     August 16, 1995 (age 19) ✞
Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper
Jewel - Ryu Xin Quan 류신화콴 January 1, 1997 (age 19)
Main Vocalist and Composer
Vi Li Yan-Lang 리얀랭 January 29, 1997 (age 19)
Main Vocalist 
- - - - -
- - - - -
K left for personal reasons
YoonAe left for personal reasons
Hyun J left to pursue a acting career and joined Wellmade Yedang. After Hyun J left, 9SIRENS decided not to have a leader and run as a whole.
Ae left to join another company
Jini passed away due to Hodgkin Lymphoma cancer  ✞
Jewel left the group, but is still under Hunus Entertainment as a song writer and producer
Vi left to cotniue her education

1st Generation Members
K (Left on June 16, 2014)
YoonAe (Left on June 17, 2014)
Hyun J (Left on October 29, 2014)
Ae (Left on October 29, 2014)
Jini (Passed away on February 3, 2015)
Jewel (Left on January 19, 2016)
Vi (Left on January 19, 2016)
 

Discography (Korea)

 

Studio albums

  • -

EPs

  • Glue (2014)
  • -

Mini albums

  • Showtime (2015)
  • INNOCENT (2015)
  • Canvas (2016)
  • -

Single albums

  • No PlayBoy (2014)
  • Figaro (2014)
  • Girls (2016)
  • -

Discography (Japan)

 

Studio albums

  • -

EPs

  • -
  • -

Singles albums

  • -
  • -

Digital singles

  • -
  • -
  • -

sa