Chapter 6: Five Days And Counting

Siren (Formerly 9Sirens/Nine Sirens) | Stardom Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded in May 2017

Nine Sirens got told about the adding of three trainees to find the eighth member for the group. Though it wasn't the ideal way the girls wanted to bring the eight member into the group, they didn't have much of a choice.

Though Stardom Entertainment told the media about the three trainees, the original Nine Sirens members got told that the three trainees would be evaluated individual as well, and not totally based on world wide votes (though individual assessment wouldn't affect to much). So now the girls were practicing vocally and dancing wise to prepare for a new music video. The group only had a week to memorize the lyrics and dance moves before filming the music video. 

It was a stressful process of course since the group never had to cram something like this. Even with their debut, it took a few months to get their 'Glue' EP album all ready and prepped. 

The girls went over the dance over and over again. They finally got the break they wanted since they started early on in the day. 

Jini was the first to lie down on the floor as she sighed, "Only five days left.." 

Ae laid on Jini's back as she looked through her phone, "I know Jini. Even fans are posting on our twitter page wondering when we'll return and such." she kept a concentrated face as she read fans messages.

One of the trainees, Isi spoke up, "Umm Ae unnie..." she looked up at Ae. Ae looked up from her phone, "Yes Isi?" 

Isi looked nervous next to the other trainees; "Are the messages good?" 

Ae looked up as she kept reading and nodded, "Fans are excited to see us come back." Isi took a sigh of relief. Ae sighed as she showed one negative message to Jini. Jini read the whole thing; about how Nine Sirens should wait a few comebacks before adding new members, replacing YoonAe and K was going to change the group, etc. Ae showed a disgusted face, "Sometimes I wonder who are fans are." Jini nodded, "Well our true fans will support us and stay with us." 

Then Hyun J came to Jini and Ae. Hyun J sat down and asked Ae for what she was reading. Ae gave her phone to Hyun J, "Unnie this is disgusting to me since there are arguments over the internet about adding members to our group." Hyun J and looked at both of them, "We can't help that fans are arguing, but what we can do is keep moving forward. Our fans will understand eventually." 

On the other side of the room, Lena and Jihyun were talking with the three trainees, Nata; Kimmie; and Isi. 

Kimmie wasn't looking happy, "Lena unnie. Were worried about how the fans the group has now will affect later in the future."

Lena smiled and put a hand on Kimmie's shoulder, "I know it hurts to think like that but we have to think positive because that's what going to make the group successful. And even only one of you are going to make it, maybe there will be future groups for you to join." 

Nata bowed, "I know it must be hard to deal with this for the group right now." 

Jihyun shook her head, "Its not that difficult Nata unnie. Yes it is hard losing YoonAe and K but, we know that one of you girls will close that gap and make the group stronger." 

Jewel and Vi were watching the others from the corner. Ever since K left, Jewel and Vi became closer and mostly talked with each other. Jewel sighed, "I don't say I don't like Nata unnie, Kimmie unnie, or Isi but; I don't agree to adding a eighth member right away you know?" 

Vi nodded, "I understand Jewel. I mean YoonAe unnie and K just left the group and Cho PD-nim wants to add a eighth member." Jewel and K kept having a conversation about the situation back and fourth till their manager came to take them back to the dorm. The three trainees didn't live with the Nine Sirens members so they got picked up. 

As the Nine Sirens members were leaving Jewel and Vi decided to stay for a few more hours to practice. Hyun J looked at the sweaty girls, "Just make sure to come back before two in the morning at the most okay? both maknaes nodded as they continued to practice. 

*****************

It was turning around five in the morning when Hyun J woke up and got down her bed. She looked at the sleeping figures of Jihyun and Jini sleeping peacefully and not looking to get up anytime soon. But she looked down at Jewel's bunk, but the member wasn't there. That made Hyun J worried as she went into the other room that belonged to now Ae, Lena, and Vi (YoonAe and K shared the room with them as well before departure). She shook Ae, and the girl woke up with a pillow on her head. 

Ae sighed as gave up the fight with Hyun J. Hyun J looked very worried as she asked, "Where's Vi? Jewel wasn't in her bed." 

Ae got up, "Weren't they supposed to be back before two?" Hyun J nodded," Yes but neither Jewel or Vi are in their beds." Ae looked at Vi's empty bed. That made Ae wide eyed, "Unnie what are we going to do?" just as Hyun J was going to answer her, Nine Sirens manager called. Hyun J answered her phone, "Oppa! Jewel and Vi are not in dorm at all." 

Their manager kept talking back and fourth with Hyun J as Hyun J only nodded. Ae just waited for Hyun J to tell her what their manager was saying.

Hyun J hung up her phone, "Get the others ready. Manager Oppa is picking us up to go to the hospital." 

Ae looked shocked, "Why the hospital?" Hyun J stopped from walking outside the door, "Jewel injured her ankle while they were practicing. Its nothing to serious, though it may stop her from making a comeback with us." Ae nodded and woke Lena up. While Hyun J was in the process of going to wake up Jihyun and Jini.