Chapter 26: A Change Is Needed

Siren (Formerly 9Sirens/Nine Sirens) | Stardom Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded in May 2017

After Jewel and Vi left Nine Sirens you could say the group got less energetic then usual. The older girls lost their maknaes and it felt different with them not being around, they'll still see Jewel from time to time since she still works under the company, but it would be weird not seeing her everyday for schedules.

The girls all sat in their practice room, wanting to say things to comfort each other but nothing came out, they just sat in a circle. But Hyo finally looked at her fellow members and then said, "What do we do? I mean you heard Cho PD-nim and what he said."

Jihyun looked at Hyo and the others and said, "I don't know Hyo. Its hard to decide on what to do." 

Lena agreed, "I never felt lost like this really ever and this decision is hard to make." Nata looked at Jihyun and Lena and asked a risky question, "Jihyun, Lena. When the rest of us joined Nine Sirens.... how did you girls feel?" with Nata asking this question even Hyo and Hyoeun wanted to know how the original members felt.

Jihyun looked at the members and said truthfully, "Unnie, truthfully we didn't like the idea of new members joining, but we realized that to be called Nine Sirens we would need to be nine. But then when you joined the group I realized how much we judged based on appearing in the group after members left. I realized we were wrong in a sense but after almost two years together as Nine Sirens I don't know anymore."

Lena put a hand on Jihyun's shoulder and said, "I agree with Jihyun a little. At first it was hard to accept new member, even two for that matter, but we are what we are. If it keeps us together and new friendships are formed I think its okay." Hyoeun smiled and said, "I can understand my situation more than Nata and Hyo here. I joined the group after Jini passed away, I knew it felt like I was taking her place. But I'm glad you girls opened up to me and I'm happy I am apart of Nine Sirens."

Jihyun smiled to and said, "I am to unnie. I'm sorry if we did appear cold but we meant no hard feelings." Hyoeun nodded. Nata then said, "Well I know we are a group but I realized that the original members are you (Jihyun) and Lena and I know you girls don't want to really lose more members if that time ever comes. So I think the decision comes on you girls."

Lena shook her head and said, "Yes you joined later unnie but it doesn't mean any different. You, Hyo, and Hyoeun unnie are still Nine Sirens and we are a group. We decide things together no matter what."

Jihyun, "What Lena is saying is right. If we change our group name and/or add new members we need your vote on it unnie." the girls hugged afterwards.

They had much to discuss; Cho PD-nim gave them options to either A. Add new members to become nine again, that means adding four new members, B. Don't add new members for one comeback, or C. Don't add new members at all and change the group name. 

The girls couldn't decide, how could they? But Ch PD-nim gave them time to think it over before they would give their decision.