Chapter 28: 'Canvas' Showcase [March 6, 2016]

Siren (Formerly 9Sirens/Nine Sirens) | Stardom Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded in May 2017

Today was the official showcase for their 3rd mini album 'Canvas' and also the first since being five and being called Siren. The five girls were just as nervous as their comeback stage yesterday. They were to perform 'You're Pitiful' and their debut song 'Glue' . This would be the first time they performed 'Glue' since those promotions back in 2014 and the first time Nata, Hyo, and Hyoeun would perform the song as well.

They were set to open up with 'Glue' first and they were getting ready; especially Nata, Hyo and Hyoeun who were singing and/or rapping their given parts for the song. Lena was softly talking with Jihyun, "How do we calm them down Jihyun? I mean I can understand they are nervous because they are performing 'Glue' for the first time, but I just don't know how. This is different than with their debut stage."

Jihyun nodded and agreed, "It is the first time they are going to perform 'Glue' and they all practiced hard. Let's just do our best mm?" Lena nodded and went over to Hyo. The showcase started with the opening of 'Glue' (which surprised the reporters there).

'Glue'

(Since parts changed)

[Jihyun] Dasi tto niga tto tto gadeukhae
Jigyeopgedo ttokgateun nariya
[Lena] Eojjeona jeoryeo, tto tto apawa
Amulji motan neo

[Jihyun] Ijeulmando haltende
Doeldeut maldeut saenggagi malsseongiya Oh
[Lena] Meoriman nappa
Doeldeut maldeut ajikdo mositni

[Jihyun] Geujeo joyongjoyong maeumsogeseo
Tieobsi heureudaga
Hanbeonssik mameul jjilleo, neon

[Lena] Gaman gaman meorieseo
Yamjeonhi jinaedaga
Nunmullo tto natana

I just don’t know what to do

[Lena] Seureureuk gamchwonoheun gieogi
Dasi bol tago naeryeowa
[Hyo] Jjireureu jeorige peojyeodeureo
Ttodasi nigawa

[Hyo] Wae jakkuman nareul chaja
Ichyeojigetji chacha

Geureon saenggageuro beotigo
Beotyeowanneunde wae nal chaja

[Nata] Deo isangeun himdeureo
Charari chueokkkaji gajyeoga Oh
Neon ije naegen Bad news
Deo isangeun anya I’m not ur doll

[Jihyun] Gwandulttaedo dwaenneunde
Doeldeut maldeut gaseumi munjeya Oh
Seupgwani nappa
Doeldeut maldeut ajikdo neol chatni

[Hyoeun] Nareul jogakjogak seuchyeoganeun
Gieoksok ni moseubeun
Hangsang nal bogoisseo Oh

[Jihyun] Dadok dadok gaseumeseo
Hanassik nureudaga
Geuriwo tto natana

[Hyo] Ttokgateun baboya. neocheoreom baboya
Heeojin iyuga saenggagi anna

[Hyoeun] Ttokgachi baboya yeojeonhae

[Nata] Jebal gamangaman chueoksoge sarajwo
Nae motdahan sarang ije geuman sarajyeo
Haruedo myeotbeonina dajimeul hae
Heona babocheoreom neoreul dasi kkeonae No
Huh geurae michyeonnabwa, ireon nado jigyeowo
Geoulsoge nareul bwa
Geusogen natseon baempaieo
Get out of my brand new empire

[Lena] Geujeo joyongjoyong mamsogeseo
Tieobsi heureudaga
Hanbeonssik mameul jjilleo, neon

[Hyoeun] Gaman gaman meorieseo
Yamjeonhi jinaedaga
Nunmullo tto natana

[Jihyun] Nareul jogakjogak seuchyeoganeun
Gieoksok ni moseubeun
Hangsang nal bogoisseo Oh
[Lena] Dadok dadok gaseumeseo
Hanassik nureudaga
Geuriwo tto natana

I just don’t know what to do

After that nerve wrecking performance was over the girls felt relived and sat down to get interview and to explain their album. Also San E was their MC for their showcase.

San E  Jihyun  Lena  Nata  Hyoeun  Hyo

​San E officially started the showcase, "Hello ladies." the Siren members bowed to San E as he was a sunbae. San E went on, "Siren are back and completely fresh since making their comeback this time with 'You're Pitiful'. Can you explain your new song and your album?"

Jihyun started to explain, "This time with 'You're Pitiful' I think we as a group came out with a song that can show our iness and the reason why we are called Siren in the first place. 'You're Pitiful' is a song that tells of a breakup and saying how the guy is pitiful through the relationship. I think this is one of the best songs that bring that out for us as a group."

San E then asked, "Many people are curious, this is your first time to come back as a five membered group as well as changing your group name. How does that make you feel?"

Lena took to explaining this time, "Well we were known as Nine Sirens for almost 2 years and when we decided to change our name we didn't want to give up the part "Siren" because our fans always called us Siren and we think of that as a compliment because that means we are the image of "Siren". It was hard and we hope our fans aren't to hurt by it."

Nata then said, "That's why we still have Siren as our group name because of our fans. We've had so much support thanks to them and it was only right to keep part of our name and to not completely change it. And of course coming back as just five was difficult for us after members left but we got together last month and it was fun. We still have that bond despite not being together all day, every day."

San E then asked another interesting question everyone wanted to know, "Even though Jewel is not in the group anymore, she wrote and produced the songs. Isn't that right?"

Hyo responded, "Yes that's correct sunbaenim. Jewel is working as a song writer and producer and she wrote amazing songs for us and we are thankful that she even works in the same place as us."

Hyoeun then said, "We supported all the members past and present in what they wanted to do because if they are not happy then how can we be? We still see Jewel on a daily basis for songs and her company there alone is satisfying because she is working in an environment where she can be happy."

Jihyun added, "Since me and Lena known Jewel the longest we know that she was always happy writing and producing songs and she still does for us, which is worth being thankful for."

They decided to end there and to perform 'You're Pitiful'.

'You're Pitiful