Chapter 2: Debut Showcase

Siren (Formerly 9Sirens/Nine Sirens) | Stardom Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded in May 2017

It was June 11th, the day the nine girls of Nine Sirens show their true potential at their debut showcase. The girls were there practicing from the early morning, going over the songs they would be performing as a group and as separate "groups". The girls decided to sit on the stage while they had break and talk about their times pre-debut till now.

As usual Jini was eating snacks while Ae tried to get some pieces off her. Ae kept bugging Jini,"Come on Jini I'm your friend." Jini looked irritated but didn't yell, "Half of us are friends.", referring to YoonAe, Jihyun, Jini, Ae, and Lena all being '95 liners. Jihyun drank her water, "Just give up already Ae. You know Jini doesn't let go her snacks to anyone." 

Ae sat back in her spot. K laughed, "But unnie tries all the time Jihyun unnie. Its funny to watch." Ae was going to go up to K and give her play head lock but another friend YoonAe stopped her, "Lets all jut calm down. We can't let anyone faint or die in this case before our showcase can we?" 

Jewel and Vi, who are sitting next to each other and just watching the whole thing finally opened their mouths. Vi smiled, "Don't give up Ae unnie. You'll steal Jini unnie's food one day. Fighting!" she put a fist for the fighting. Jini finished chewing, "Whose side are you on Vi?" Vi shook her head, "No ones side, just trying to give support is all." Jewel nodded, "Support is always a good thing before a showcase. Especially since media will be here and all. You know being referred as our sunabes Nine Muses."

Jihyun sighed, "I kind of hate being referred to our sunbaes. We look up to Nine Muses sunbaes a lot, but media assume to much, I think."

Lena nodded, "I do to. We may have the same concept and be around the same height, but its kind of bothersome." the members nodded as they kept walking about it. 

Hyun J finally took her place as leader to calm the other members down, "We may be referred as the next "Nine Muses", but we can show them differently can't we?" the members nodded. Hyun J smiled, "Besides I heard some Nine Muses members may come to our showcase." that's when everyone jumped in their places. Jewel gulped, "Really unnie? Nine Muses may come to our debut showcase?" Hyun J nodded, "From what I heard." 

"Daebak." nodded YoonAe. K jumped up and down in her seat, "Now that I think of our sunbaes, I remember so much from our 'Glue' photo shoot and music video shooting." she giggled. Ae clapped her hands, "I remember. Especially K, with you and modeling in front of the mirror." K stuck her tongue out. The girls kept talking as they recalled members of those events.

Hyun J→Sungah
​YoonAe→Kyungri
​Jihyun→Minha
​Jini→Eunji
Ae→​Lee Sem
Lena→Hyemi
Jewel→Hyuna
Vi→Sera
K→Euaerin

Lena laughed as well, "I think Jewel ate to much sugar or something because she kept on dancing and was energetic on both the photoshoot day and the music video shooting." Jewel looked at Lena, "Lena unnie it could have been my days."

"Your days?" YoonAe looked, "I mean we took pictures all day and night and then the next day and a half was the music video shooting." Jewel just shrugged as they were preparing for their showcase now.

**************

Now Nine Sirens were dressed in their 'Glue' concept outfits to perform 'Glue' first as their opening. It was only five minutes from their showcase, fans and media alike were waiting for the girls to come out for the first time. "What to do?" Vi said as she paced back and fourth. The others were nervous to as they peeked to see the crowd waiting for Nine Sirens. Then the director of Nine Sirens showcase hurried them onstage as soon as the lights dimmed and the audience cheered. First performing 'Glue' and then 'Goodbye'.

After performing 'Goodbye' the girls stood up and bowed, with Hyun J counting to three before everyone said, "Hello we are Nine Sirens." they bowed again as the audience cheered. Then the members introduced themselves one by one and telling their positions. The MC of the showcase, who Nine Sirens are thankful who came; Kang Ho Dong talked a little about Nine Sirens. He looked at the girls, "Also I heard you girls are separated into little groups like Topp Dogg."

Hyun J nodded and spoke into the microphone, "We are. The three groups are Angels, Misfits, and Mystics." Ho Dong looked interested, "What do those three groups names mean or what are the concepts for each group?" Hyun J smiled, "We can't reveal anything about the concepts yet but we can say who is in each group." the girls then separated into their specific groups.

Hyun J was with Jewel and spoke, "Me and Jewel are the Angels group." 

She then went to YoonAe, Jihyun, Lena, and K; "These four girls are the Misfits and then." she finally went to Jini, Ae, and Vi, "They are the Mystics." 

Ho Dong nodded and then he pointed to the media taking everything down word to word, "I know the media and your fans are wondering what those groups mean, but I heard each group has a performance for us?" Hyun J nodded, "Each group has prepared a song by our sunbaes." 

Jewel spoke in her microphone, "Me and Hyun J unnie are performing, 'Expectation' by Girl's Day sunbae-nim."

YoonAe spoke for the Misfits, "Us Misfits are performing 'Hush' by Miss A sunbae-nim."

Jini spoke for Mystics, "And us Mystics are performing 'Get Up' by our EvoL sunabes." the crowd cheered as Hyun J and Jewel were first to perform. Second was Misfits, then was Mystics.

Hyun J is the girl on the left 
Jewel is the girl on the right

K→Hyang
Jihyun→Doori
YoonAe→Ari
Lena→MiU

 

Ae is the girl on the left
Jini is the girl in middle
Vi is the girl on the right

 

After the Mystics performed the crowd clapped for Nine Sirens. And from there Nine Sirens gathered onstage together as a group. Do Hong looked amazed as he looked back and fourth between Nine Sirens and the crowd filled with fans and media, "You girls are dabaek." he put a thumbs up. The girls bowed and saying their thank yous. The girls stayed onstage for a little longer and smiled for the cameras before they were called offstage.

"That was amazing!" Vi shouted as she pumped her fists in the air. Jihyun wiped her sweat, "The crowd gave positive energy tonight that's for sure." the other girls couldn't agree more. Hyun J smiled brightly, "I'm so proud of everyone. Giving their best, now all that's left is our offical debut." 

"I'm ready," said K. She followed Jewel side by side. Jewel nodded, "We'll be ready Hyun J nodded." Hyun J nodded knowing her dongsaengs were prepared for their debut stage.

***************

The girls freshened up for the interview that came after the showcase. The interview was with 1theK and the girls were excited for it. They all sat down together on one long curved cough and waited for the person to interview them. The interview got started right away.

Q. What does Nine Sirens mean?

Hyun J brought out nine fingers while Jini was held the mic for her, "Sirens come from Greek mythology. We are a group who will drag people into us with our music and our looks. And there is nine of us."

Q. The three groups(Angels, Misfits, and Mystics), what do they mean?

Jini took the mic this time, "Its like our sunabes Topp Dogg, to separate and to show our skills since its hard to do that with all nine in one group. We want to show our full potential with smaller groups like we did in our showcase."

Q. How does it feel to be the first girl group under Stardom Entertainment to have a y concept?

Jewel had a mic in her hand, "Well all nine of us were surprised when the CEO told us we would be taking a y concept instead of a hip-hop one like EvoL and Topp Dogg sunbaes."

Lena nodded as she spoke, "When all nine of us met for the first time we thought automatically we would be a hip-hop group since that's what Stardom Entertainment is known for and that's why we auditioned under the company. So it was a shock for everyone." she nodded again before moving onto the next question.

Q. Your debuting on Friday the 13th right?

All the members had wide eyes. Everyone looked at each other, Ae laughed to try and take the Friday the 13th thing away, "Even so, I don't think it'll effect our debut at all." Hyun J nodded, "We will debut with great energy no matter what the day is." the others agreed with their leader.

Then all nine girls shouted, "Nine Sirens Fighting!" that ended the interview and the girls headed back to their dorm to prepare for their debut