2

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Let’s go celebrate.” One suggested. And seems like everyone is liking the idea.

“I’m sorry I can’t join you.”

“Come on you never come with us even once to celebrate every occasion Dr. Hwang. We won’t take no this time.” Another one insisted. 

“Jessi, I’ll take my leave first” she asks permission to her friend and the latter just nodded.

“I’m really sorry, my son is waiting for me. Congratulations everyone.” She bowed at her colleagues taking her steps towards her car as she talks to someone on the phone.

 

“Why is she always like this? She hasn’t joined us to any event outside of work. I mean she’s too pretty not to go outside and mingle.”

“Drop dead gorgeous you want to say?”

“Yeah. Dr. Jung, please talk to Dr. Hwang to please give another chance to guys.”

“She’s rejected every single man in here.”

“Tell her to talk to us besides work related stuffs.”

“To at least notice me each time I’m assigned with her.”

 

Jessica can just smile in return upon hearing those words. Truth be told her best friend’s smile really did capture the hearts of those men.

By the time she reports for duty a bunch of goods is already waiting by the desk, and as time passes by, a box is already placed in the desk for Tiffany. Flowers, chocolates, food, and presents.

 

“Aigoo. Who left this again in my desk?” she asks everyone present on the station.

“of course your admirers Dr. Hwang.” A nurse answered her.

“Again? This is just too much. This is happening every day.”

“Just let them Dr. Hwang. We’re enjoying eating them after duty.” Another female nurse added which made Tiffany smile and the other male nurse eavesdropping, sigh.

 

Another fact, Tiffany never once brought home any of the gifts she receive, instead she shares it and gives it all to her team after a long tiring shift. The female nurses are enjoying it too much and some male also, and they end up eating the gifts they gave Tiffany.

“You can have them all guys, I’ll go check some patients first.” She grabs her white coat, not forgetting her stethoscope and got the clipboard with her name written on it.

 ***

 

It’s half past midnight and the hospital people are wide awake. Tiffany and Jessica are on overtime this day. They’re the one assigned in the ER with those wholesome number of nurses attending to every case that enters the emergency room. Good thing there’s nothing really serious with the cases they’re handling right now.

“Pizza delivery everyone.” A delivery man suddenly showed up. Everyone got their heads up of who might be the one who ordered the food.

“It’s delivery for Dr. Tiffany Hwang.” And everyone looked at Tiffany who’s by now still counseling the guardians of the patient she just handled.

“Dr. Hwang a delivery for you.” A nurse whispered on her ear and it got her taken aback before finishing what she’s currently writing.

She went out of the curtain covered bed giving the clip board to the nurse in charge.

“What’s going on? Why is everybody looking at me?”

“Pizza delivery for Dr. Hwang.” The delivery man repeats for the second time.

“are you not mistaken mister??” she asks the man holding a really huge box of pizza. Everyone was excited at the thought of that big pizza in front of them right now.

“Dr. Tiffany Hwang??” the man confirms.

“Yes. Its me. But I’m sorry I didn’t remember ordering a pizza.” And everyone pouted. They badly wants to eat that pizza to at least keep them alive for the night.

“It’s from a secret person Maam.” He bowed and placed the gigantic pizza by the nurse’s table. And left her in awe. And everyone came teasing Tiffany.

“Jessi….what do I do with this??” she grabs Jessica by the arm and they’re whispering.

“Everyone, we got a really huge pizza to finish. Let’s dig in.” Jessica informed and started unboxing the food. It’s really that big to feed them all including the patients present in there.

“Thanks for the pizza!”

“Thanks to Dr. Hwang”

And that’s again thanks to Tiffany’s charm.

***

 

“Really, thank you Dr. I don’t know what to do if something happens to my son.” The mother of the patient she is checking talks about being thankful for Tiffany and the other people who manage to revive her now stable son.

“I understand. I have a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter