18

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

They picked Yuan up from his grandpa’s house. They weren’t even half way home when the kid started whining to Tiffany. Its almost his bedtime with his yawning and rubbing of sleepy eyes. Not more than five minutes and Yuan is fast asleep on Tiffany’s lap with head on his mother’s neck.

She suggested lying him down at the backseat but the kid stubbornly insisted to be held by his mother. Tiffany couldn’t protest as she also found it sweet of him. Now, what to do with the awkward silence, when the naughty energizer is out of battery?  

Siwon glanced at her direction. Its just….Picture perfect. His own little family.

 

 

“How do you feel on coming to Seoul with me?” asked Siwon,, which obviously shock the hell out of Tiffany. That was totally unexpected from him.

 

 

“What!?” Yuan stirred, thanks to the loud voice.

 

“I’m sorry. Go back to sleep.” She whispered into his ears with matching gentle unto his back. When the kid stopped the movements, she immediately looked at Siwon with creased eyebrows.

 

“I need to introduce my son to the family. I can’t possibly hide him forever right?” That encounter with Tiffany’s friends triggered the uneasy feeling.

Even a mere business partner knows of his son but his own family doesn’t even have the faintest idea. Soon more and more people will hear about him, Choi Siwon, the sole heir of DaeHan group having a hidden child. The last thing that he would want to happen is his son being traumatize for being feasted by the Korean media. He felt the need to bring his son to light for his family back in Korea and then introduce him formally as Choi Siwon’s son.

 

“But..I.”

 

“And who knows it might lengthen Grandpa’s life. You know it his dying wish right? Who would’ve known that it’ll come true? Four generations at the same time.” He lips formed a smile just thinking of breaking the news to his grandfather. He might jump off that hospital bed the moment he knows that his great successor has come.

“Wha..But what I’ve read some articles saying he’s recovering just fine.” Tiffany couldn’t believe what she’s hearing.

“That’s just the family’s way of covering up for the media.” revealed Siwon. “He’s getting old Tiff. Too old to wait longer for his great grandson to come to life.” His sight went back to the road.

 

“And you too.” mumbled Siwon.

 

“What about me?” asked Tiffany with evident confusion on her eyes. 

 

“Don’t look at me that way. I know you’ve met them before. But now I want them to meet you as the mother of my child. My other half even, if possible.”

 

“Siwon…I” He sensed the uncertainty on her words. And it hurts, surprisingly.

 

“But either way, I’m fine. If you still can’t find my place in your life I can wait. I’m willing to prove that you can trust me once again.” She didn’t even denied what he said. Another ouch.

It’s a double blow already, judging from the dinner earlier, Tiffany is still not sure where he stands, what’s his label. And he admits, it hurts. After those times of proving himself sincere she’s still undecided. He’s still just Yuan’s Dad. But he’s willing to wait, he wouldn’t let go now.  

 

 

Silence

Silence

Silence.

 

She couldn’t take it anymore, its too quiet that she can hear her the beating of her heart.

“Siwon.”

 

“Hm?” answered Siwon, not even sparing a glance at her. It took a minute but her statement wasn’t followed by another. All the time Tiffany only stared at him. He felt the intent stares and turned sideways. There, his eyes met hers.

 

“I’m sorry.” Siwon looked away.

 

“For what?”

“You know what.”

More silence.

 

“Please don’t misunderstand That I didn’t appreciate everything you’ve done?” She started with a slightly shaky voice.

 

“Because I really do. And I’m thankful for that.” She held his hand giving it a gentle pressure. He just smiled looking at their joined fingers and went back to concentrate driving.

Tiffany didn’t like the lack of words from Siwon and she feels like doing something more. More, to assure him that she’s also here to stay.

Without her noticing they’ve already parked down their condo building if not for Siwon who opened the car door, to get the sleeping Yuan on her arms.

 

“Someone is really exhausted.” He comments at the motionless boy.

“He is. Maybe he made Dad chase him around the house again.” She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter