19

The Aftermath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is slightly long, read slowly. And I apologize for the errors u will find. :') 

 

***

 

 

 

“I know Daddy is sorry okay?” he finally found a time to speak after the whining ended. Its been over a month, close to two months actually since he left the states. Obviously he said he’ll be back a week ago. But he’s still nowhere near LA. “I promise to see you soon.” 

 

The latter continued sulking showing his frowning face on cam. They never lost communication. Siwon would do facetime with Yuan anytime he’s free but the time difference is a serious pain in the . One time the kid suddenly wanted to see his Dad and ended calling Siwon at 3AM in the morning. But most of the time he calls during his lunch break as its before Yuan’s bedtime. Siwon would listen to his daily stories at school and his daily report if he’s been guarding his mother. Yuan makes sure that the ‘no-boys-around-mommy-rule’ is strictly followed. That’s their boy’s little secret.

Tiffany even started to smell something fishy when everytime Siwon calls, Yuan goes to his room as if not wanting her to hear what they’re talking about. Not until the little boy comes back after and give the device to her and its their time to talk to each other. He checks up on her everyday, at the house, at work and even asking her what to wear for the day.

 

“No. Use the third tie from the left.” Said Tiffany after seeing the fabrics lying on his bed.

“This one?” he showed it to the camera.

“Yes. That goes well with you gray shirt. To add color in you boring suit Mr Choi.” She teased.

 

“Ah, so I’m boring?” he shifted the camera to focus on his face. Handsome.

“Yes.” She answered flatly.

 

“You’re lucky I can do anything to you right now.”

“Why? What will you do? Tickle me to death?” she laughed.

“Better than that.”

“Hmm..like what?” she bit on her lips.

 

“Like, kiss you until you beg for air.” She wasn’t able to comeback.

 

“You’re blushing Hon.” Siwon teased and even came closer to the camera as if he can see better of her face.

“Shut up.” She feels so embarrassed that she covered the camera with her hand. Siwon chuckled.

“Hey, I can’t see your face..come on.” He complained on the black display.

 

“Dammit! I really want to kiss you right now.”

 

“Three more days.”

"Three more days."

 

***

 

A man is seated with a cup of coffee with his sight lost on the streets of LA and his fingers tapping on the table In nervousness. He’s obviously gathering all his words. Waiting for this certain person to come. The sun has set and just in time a man on his suit enters the coffee shop.

“Its been a long time Siwon” he was brought back to his senses and immediately stood up to greet the man in return. They shake hands jus like a normal business meeting would start. But this time Siwon is the most nervous that his heart is racing like crazy.

 

“Thank you for sparing me your precious time Sir. Please take a sit.”

 

“So what do we have here son?” The older decided to break the ice as he can sense that the latter is still mustering up his courage to say the most appropriate words in front of him right now.

“Um..I’m sorry but I’m the straight to the point kind of person sir.” Yes he knows, he sees that and he likes every bit of it . He smiles studying the expressions of Siwon as he takes another sip of his coffee.

 

 

“I would like to ask permission for your daughter’s hand sir.”

 

 

He was also studying the older man’s face, because not hearing a word from him since he said that, added a lot of load to Siwon’s nervousness. But he’s sure he said that as clear as his intentions and as sincere as can be.

 

“Since then I knew you’re the only one that can make her the happiest, and at the same time ruin her.” Siwon gulped but decided to stay calm.

“I have forgiven you for what you have done with my daughter in the past, But right now, man to man make her cry like that again and you will never ever give you a chance to get a glimpse of her neither your son again. I would take them back without notice. Are we clear here?”

“Clear enough Sir.”

 

“Do you love her?” Sure he knows, but he just wants to hear how Siwon would respond to his question.

 

“Too much sir. That I couldn’t live another day without your daughter.”

The older man can just smile on his answer. He can really entrust his daughter unto this man.

 

“Then, permission granted Mr. Choi.”

He couldn’t believe what he has just heard. He’s not dreaming isn’t he? He’s given the blessing and like a broken record it keeps playing again and again inside his head. It’s like a ton of heavy metal was taken from his shoulders, that is slowly drowning him just a while ago.

 

“And please I would appreciate it if you can call me Dad like Tiffany.”

And just like that he closed the deal with the most difficult client that would ever matter in his life. It ended with imaginary confetti falling from above, he’s like a unicorn enjoying above the rainbow even just in the thought of having Tiffany in his life. And right now, he’s just a step closer in swooning to heaven when he would finally hear her answer on his life changing question.

 

Well he would never know, if he’d never ask right?

 

***

 

“Bring them to me.”

 

He smiles remembering the exact words of his grandfather when he broke out the news. He was the first one to know of course, the richest man in Korea--- David Choi. It took him another family dinner to let his parents know. That he, the hottest bachelor in town is no longer available in the market. And blessed with a naughty mini me.

He earned a really hard slap o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter